• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big game I'm looking foward to this year (BfME)

Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth

Video on how to build units and such:
http://www.eagames.com/official/lor...mID=pc&setID=Inside the Battle Vol 4&resID=hi

and some pics:

scrn-imageSM-1.jpg

scrn-imageSM-2.jpg

scrn-imageSM-3.jpg

scrn-imageSM-4.jpg

scrn-imageSM-5.jpg

scrn-imageSM-6.jpg

These pics are all probably pretty old but damn do they look nice. Battles will be quite epic. The building trees don't look like they'll add anything new to the genre, but so what when you're having fun mowing down hordes of soldiers with a Balrog? :D

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I'd like to add that the animation and personality this game exhumes is simply fantastic. While I might not be purchasing this title I'm still looking foward too it.

xabre

Banned
If epic battles is what you're after then Rome - Total War comes out in a bit over a month so I suggest you look into that as well. Incidentally I'm sure we'll see some LOTR inspired mods for the RTW engine. Imagine that, Middle Earth themed campaign map with various elf, dwarf, orc, human factions and that battle engine and extensive diplomacy features on top of it.....oh my.

Note - Since I'm the only one in this entire forum that seems to be looking forward to RTW I feel obligated to raise awareness of this game at every given opportunity.

ElyrionX

xabre said:
If epic battles is what you're after then Rome - Total War comes out in a bit over a month so I suggest you look into that as well. Incidentally I'm sure we'll see some LOTR inspired mods for the RTW engine. Imagine that, Middle Earth themed campaign map with various elf, dwarf, orc, human factions and that battle engine and extensive diplomacy features on top of it.....oh my.

Note - Since I'm the only one in this entire forum that seems to be looking forward to RTW I feel obligated to raise awareness of this game at every given opportunity.

RTW looks cool and even much more epic than BfME. However, BfME has the huge strength of the license behind it so its probably going to sell way more. I can't wait to send my Riders of Rohan against those orcs........

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
xabre said:
The hell you are! I want to have little Roman babies with that game. Hell I even watch that Discovery Channel show in hot anticipation for that game (and it's not half bad btw).

I know I'm going out on a limb here but it's almost written in stone that BfME will sell more than R:TW.

xabre

Banned
ElyrionX said:
RTW looks cool and even much more epic than BfME. However, BfME has the huge strength of the license behind it so its probably going to sell way more. I can't wait to send my Riders of Rohan against those orcs........

Yes, that being said expect RTW to do pretty well in terms of sales as well. The previous two games in the series sold well and I would expect no less from RTW.

TekunoRobby said:
The hell you are! I want to have little Roman babies with that game. Hell I even watch that Discovery Channel show in hot anticipation for that game (and it's not half bad btw).

I have an ally in the fight for RTW awareness. Good to know :)

xabre

Banned
I've seen some video on BfME showing off the emotions of soldiers in regards to the enemy. For example, soldiers will cower in fear at the sight of a Balrog or Cave Troll. It is a nifty concept and adds a lot of personality to the game.

Slo

I'm excited for BfME, but I don't know if I'll have time for an RTS besides Warhammer 40k this fall.

Top Bottom