• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Binding of Isaac: Repentance coming to Switch/PS5/PS4 Q3 2021

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Man, do I have it in me to go back to Isaac? I have 300 hours across different versions of this game, which is nowhere near what others have put in. That's huge for me, generally I beat something and move on. Maybe it's time.

bellome

Already preordered.

I have put an insane amount of hours in it already and i can't wait to play this.

bitbydeath

Not on ps5
I just checked and it does let you.
ZmZXykQ.jpg

Afterbirth+ is marked as unavailable until Afterbirth is purchased.

RaZoR No1

Yep. It's bollocks. Why do this to your game, more consoles = more sales.

It's not hard.
they probably use the excuse, that they do not sell that much on Xbox...
Of course you wont sell that much on the xbox, if you release the game literally months or years after every other system received the game...

Btw: base version would be a good Gamepass offer IMO

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Of course you wont sell that much on the xbox, if you release the game literally months or years after every other system received the game...

Exactly. It's just odd. And bloody annoying.

Chukhopops

Glad to see I can buy it as a DLC on the Switch version, great news. Spent hundreds of hours on it back around the Switch launch and loved it, that plus Spelunky 2 is perfect.

Mr.ODST

Have the original on my Xbox but cant get anything else because they decided not to give Xbox players anything more ... bit stupid

Rubik8

PC version comes out March 31st I believe. Can I wait this long to play my preferred way (switch)? I smell a double dip in my future.

Dthomp

Just checked Best Buy for pre-order info on physical, and damn not til end of September...that sucks. My PS4 file has 825 hours on it, I think it's time to start a competely fresh 0% file on the PS5 and do it all over again.

ShadowNate

I think this took too long for me. I was pretty much done with the game after finishing the last (kind of crappy) expansion. I did like most of what I saw of the antibirth mod but, still, didn't bother to install and play it.

I wonder if the new one will draw me in again....

Skifi28

I got excited it was some sort of sequel only to realise they're selling the same game once again. Really big meh from me, it's been a decade do something else.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
LOL, what year is it?

Never understood what people see in this game. Tried it for an hour, it just didn’t click.

Holammer

Nicalis make great use of Steam's new 'Events and Announcements' feature with weekly updates. Edmund himself, programmers, artists and musicians share big meaty updates with lots of information, a good way to build hype ahead of release.
Hopefully I have Valheim out of my system when it releases four weeks from now.

Chukhopops

I’m not sure if Microsoft just leaked the release date (3rd November 2021) but they just posted this:

Woah, 60 dollars is a lot more than the PC version for the same thing minus mods.

Still completely worth it to play the best roguelite game ever made.

Edit : also surprised that there is no XBO version, wonder how Repentance will run on Switch.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Woah, 60 dollars is a lot more than the PC version for the same thing minus mods.

Still completely worth it to play the best roguelite game ever made.

Edit : also surprised that there is no XBO version, wonder how Repentance will run on Switch.
It's probably an oversight,I don't see why there wouldn't be an Xb1 version.
Besides that, yep it is indeed the best roguelite ever made and It took me quite some time to get accustomed to some changes in previously bad items in the game.
Quick tip for some newcomer platinumgod.co.uk explain what the items do but sometimes a bad item become OP thanks to a sinergy.So just try everything and I hope you have a good memory.

Nozz-A-La

I’m really hoping there is a way to just buy the Repentance expansion because I already own the base game and all the other dlc. I don’t see it listed in the store separately but I’m assuming it will be, surely…

Top Bottom