• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biohazard 4 new TGS 2004 trailer !

arter_2

Is anyone getting a weird Rasputin vibe from this guy?????

RE4-10.JPG

MaddenNFL64

That sniper rifle reload animation kicked my ass. That was awesome shit :).

And I can't get over how gigantic that lake boss is. :O

Spike

Will the great game deluge ever end? Look at the amazing titles we're hit with between September 2004 and January 2005:

Sly Cooper 2
Gradius V
Katamari Damancy
Star Wars: Battlefront
Paper Mario 2
Metroid Prime 2
Halo 2
KotoR 2
Jade Empire - maybe
Resident Evil 4
Zelda: Minish Cap
Ace Combat V
Viewtiful Joe 2
Prince of Persia 2
and many, many more.

How will I ever catch up on these gems, even at bargain bin prices? It's a good time to be a gamer.

Yeah, reloading that bolt action sniper rifle certainly is awesome. And thank God, I'm a reviewer...I don't think I could afford all the stuff coming out this fall.

RiZ III

Call me lame, but I liked the old look for the game better. Looked a lot darker and freakier. Those shadowy figures looked awsome. Don't get me wrong tho, this still looks really cool.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
As they keep showing new areas, this game looks better and better. I've never been much of a RE fan, but this is quickly rising to the top of my "must-have" list.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I showed this to two people today in college who are familiar with the series but who lost interest after 3. Both wouldn't believe me that it wasn't FMV. Admittedly this WAS the small version of the movie, but still..

OK, Resident Evil Nerd Out Time.

I have a feeling that's Ada. The face does look a bit like Claire's, but she's erm, much smaller bust-wise than Ada. Also, Claire isn't really one to wear "revealing" clothing like that (RE2 might have had short shorts, but her torso was completely covered). Ada does. In Biohazard 3's epilogues, Ada is mentioned (alive, but scarred) and that she's trying to forget Leon. Bullshit. That makes me think it's going to be Ada.

Also, what happened to Sherry? This Ashely chick no longer looks like her (earlier videos made her look alot like a grown up Sherry.) Sherry's G-Virus survival is pretty important RE2 plotwise... Hopefully something.

Also, the lip synching is the best I've seen in games. It's so very natural looking. Muscles move so well and subtly. Voice acting seems to be well above traditional RE fare as well.

Meier

People keep saying that they like the look of the previous game more... what if when he goes inside that house at the end of the video, we see some stuff similar to the "original" look? What's to say it wont appear in one form or another? This could just all be an elaborate rouse (a la Zelda).

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Meier said:
People keep saying that they like the look of the previous game more... what if when he goes inside that house at the end of the video, we see some stuff similar to the "original" look? What's to say it wont appear in one form or another? This could just all be an elaborate rouse (a la Zelda).

It isn't JUST the location that we liked, though...

I was excited by the fact that they seemed to be moving away from zombies and into new territory for the series. The enemy with the chain, for example, was EXTREMELY cool looking. I was also interested in the idea of the two "vision" modes and the whole psychological breakdown that Leon might have gone through (after being "infected" by something). I dunno, it seemed like they were moving in a cool direction...

This current version is very interesting as well, though. It's just completely different from what I was expecting and seems to hint at the fact that they decided to stay firmly in "B-movie land".

I am most disappointed by what I've heard of the audio thus far. The demo has a pretty poor audio presentation and really doesn't seem to bring the kind of atmosphere that I was hoping for. I wasn't expecting Akira Yamaoka quality sound design here, but I was hoping for something AT LEAST on par with games like Fatal Frame/Zero or Siren...

You can barely hear shit (other than the voices). I don't know how you're complaining yet. :p

Unless you mean the other media from before... RE4 better have DPLII support though. There's simply NO excuse.

dark10x

Dragona Akehi said:
You can barely hear shit (other than the voices). I don't know how you're complaining yet. :p

Unless you mean the other media from before... RE4 better have DPLII support though. There's simply NO excuse.

Ohhh, too many BH4 threads. :p

I was basing my audio impressions on the REALLY high quality videos that maskrider made for us in the demo thread. Yeah, I know it's still just an early demo...but I was very disappointed. I mean, there was either a "song" that played when active enemies were present...or it was nearly silent. The actual sound effects seemed pretty low quality and out of place as well...

SantaC

dark10x said:
Ohhh, too many BH4 threads. :p

I was basing my audio impressions on the REALLY high quality videos that maskrider made for us in the demo thread. Yeah, I know it's still just an early demo...but I was very disappointed. I mean, there was either a "song" that played when active enemies were present...or it was nearly silent. The actual sound effects seemed pretty low quality and out of place as well...

maybe they sounded low quality because they were in spanish? :p

I mean if you don't know the language it can fool you.

dark10x

SantaCruZer said:
maybe they sounded low quality because they were in spanish? :p

I mean if you don't know the language it can fool you.

The sound effects were in SPANISH!?!?!

:head spins round:

Leon's gun can speak in Spanish!!!!!

Also, I noticed that the Japanese subtitles at the beginning of the demo were a bit...off. Mostly accurate, but a couple lines written in Japanese were kinda different from what was being said in English.

SantaC

dark10x said:
The sound effects were in SPANISH!?!?!

:head spins round:

Leon's gun can speak in Spanish!!!!!

Also, I noticed that the Japanese subtitles at the beginning of the demo were a bit...off. Mostly accurate, but a couple lines written in Japanese were kinda different from what was being said in English.

ok sorry I thought you meant the voices and growls. I was watching tv while typing that. keep going.

Meier

dark10x said:
the whole psychological breakdown that Leon might have gone through (after being "infected" by something). I dunno, it seemed like they were moving in a cool direction...

We just found out that Leon still is infected in this one though... what's to say it wont happen in the current incarnation? Don't get me wrong, the original RE4 looked great and very interesting to me as well, but not better per se -- just different.

Meier said:
We just found out that Leon still is infected in this one though... what's to say it wont happen in the current incarnation? Don't get me wrong, the original RE4 looked great and very interesting to me as well, but not better per se -- just different.

I agree Meier, another thing, its possible because of the infection he may start to see in different colors just like in the first incarnation. There's one more thing I like point out is that, I don't see it so hard for some to shot move back then continue to shot again. And things would get less frustrating since you can get on the roof of some of the cabins.

Top Bottom