• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biomutant Impression Videos + Character Creation

Labadal

Game is 12-15 hours long if you rush the main story.

Biomutant Will be 12-15 Hours Long if You Do a Rushed Playthrough, But Can be Longer Than 65 Hours​

“It really depends on what type of player you are,” says director Stefan Ljungqvist.

Posted By Shubhankar Parijat | On 07th, May. 2021 Under News

biomutant
As an open world action RPG, you wouldn’t be blamed for expecting Biomutant to be a meaty adventure with plenty of content, and with the game less than three weeks out from launch, questions of exactly how long it’s going to be are being asked frequently. Recently, we got the chance to interview Biomutant’s director and studio head of developer Experiment 101 Stefan Ljungqvist, and we posed the same question to him.
According to Ljungqvist, if you rush your way through the game, which would involve things such as ignoring all side quests, only doing the story, and even skipping the dialogue, you’d be able to get to the credits in 12-15 hours. But he suggests that if you take your time with things, you can even get more than 65 hours of content out of the game.
“Our estimation for a ‘rushed’ run-through of Biomutant is at about 12-15 hours. This means: focus on the main story, skip most dialogues, don’t go wandering off for exploration and ignore sidequests,” Ljunhqvist said. “On the other hand, one of our team-members is just giving Biomutant a go the way he usually plays games. He isn’t done yet and has about 65 hours of playtime. So it really depends on what type of player you are.”
Biomutant launches on May 25 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. We’ve seen plenty of new gameplay footage from the upcoming action RPG, showing off its open world, its combat and mini-bosses, and its character creator, among other things. Check it all out through the links, and stay tuned for more updates.

Great Hair

Banned
The mooma teaches the son how to fight, the father (popsy) sews in the background and the daughter (boobsy) builds homes .... what´s next? Man gives birth?

What a stinker. That voice over, the story is definitely not going to be the game´s forte. Looks really bad imho.

GymWolf

Seems like the sex version is 4k60 with dynamic resolution and the ps5 version is gonna be 1080p upscaled to 4k 60 for some sort of technical problem. (both are bc version, not native of course, native versions came out later)
(1440p30 on series S)

sex gameplay

ps5 gameplay

tenor.gif

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Getting BioMutant in 4K/60FPS on Xbox Series X is a pleasant surprise. Paid in full. Ready to go. Expecting low 80's for reviews Monday which would be very good. Hyped!!

Kagey K

Banned
Seems like the sex version is 4k60 and the ps5 version is gonna be 1080p upscaled to 4k 60 for some sort of technical problem.
(1440p30 on series S)

sex gameplay

ps5 gameplay

tenor.gif

I just saw this and was going to make a thread, but decided not to. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

R6Rider

Gold Member
The mooma teaches the son how to fight, the father (popsy) sews in the background and the daughter (boobsy) builds homes .... what´s next? Man gives birth?
It's a post apocalyptic game where you play as various mutated animals. Who gives a shit.

GymWolf

Which is one of the most interesting ideas, in my opinion.
Reminds me of Stories: Path of Destinies.
yeah, i'm not gonna disable it, after fenyx rising i can sustain huge amounts of cheesy voice over without a sweat.

You can also disable the comics bang and boom during combat.

Miles708

yeah, i'm not gonna disable it, after fenyx rising i can sustain huge amounts of cheesy voice over without a sweat.

You can also disable the comics bang and boom during combat.

Oh, that I could actually do, I've never really understood those. I get the "comic look" they're after, but... you know... there's already the audio.

GymWolf

Oh, that I could actually do, I've never really understood those. I get the "comic look" they're after, but... you know... there's already the audio.
it's really a combo indicator, the creative director said that, they are going all in with the cheesy martial arts comic style.

there is probably an alternative indicator if you can disable it tho.

You can also disable the dof during combat and set the fov from 75 to 90 on console.

Last edited:
Seems like the sex version is 4k60 with dynamic resolution and the ps5 version is gonna be 1080p upscaled to 4k 60 for some sort of technical problem. (both are bc version, not native of course, native versions came out later)
(1440p30 on series S)

sex gameplay

ps5 gameplay

tenor.gif

So later at some point the PS5 will get a worthy next gen patch? Might pick it up at some point then.

Great Hair

Banned
It's a post apocalyptic game where you play as various mutated animals. Who gives a shit.

And you can disable the voice over, if someone was interested.

Some people actually do give a shit. Not sure why ppl. get all wet around their parts. This looks like a chinese company ripped off ratchet&clank and made it for mobile.
the visuals are ...
the gameplay seems to lack impact, feedback ... just a hack&slash
that bokeh depth of field is annoying
that voice over and that story "mum, woma´ stronk, but stupid dies teaching son a lesson! papa with testies is weak, he sewing new jeans!" lol, fuck off with that garbage.

Definitely not worth $60+. This just looks like $1 out of the bin, trash collection from the 90s.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Some people actually do give a shit. Not sure why ppl. get all wet around their parts. This looks like a chinese company ripped off ratchet&clank and made it for mobile.
the visuals are ...
the gameplay seems to lack impact, feedback ... just a hack&slash
that bokeh depth of field is annoying
that voice over and that story "mum, woma´ stronk, but stupid dies teaching son a lesson! papa with testies is weak, he sewing new jeans!" lol, fuck off with that garbage.

Definitely not worth $60+. This just looks like $1 out of the bin, trash collection from the 90s.

Consoling 30 Rock GIF

BabyYoda

Banned
And you can disable the voice over, if someone was interested.
Thank goodness for that, I watched the Pewdiepie four hour playthrough and putting aside how obnoxious he can be (although he can be funny as well), the voiceover (as good as he is at his job) gets really tiresome, the writing is uninspired and there's far too much of it. If you're going to interrupt the gameplay so much with voiceovers and endless dialogue trees, it better be really deep, interesting or funny and it's none of those, it's just annoying and weird, not in a pitch perfect Psychonauts kinda way though, just random, like they used a random word generator or perhaps had AI write the script...

I normally don't like skipping dialogue in games, but I found myself skipping ahead in the video every time there was talking (once it became clear how poor it was), which was a lot! I'd say they should hire a good writer for any potential sequel, or just sideline that stuff to just basic filler and focus on gameplay gameplay gameplay, which again, looks fun, not perfect by any means (the audio lacks oomph for example), but worth a playthrough for sure!

Maybe I'm going on about writing too much, but I recently finished Ken Follett's: The Pillars of the Earth (it was free on the Epic store) and it reminded me what great writing looks like! Having also recently played games inspired by old graphic novels (that were also free on the Epic Store), it hit me at how easy the originals made it look, needless to say the recent ones were unfunny and had none of the charm of the games they esteemed to be imho. Truly great writing is rare indeed and if they are doing their job, it should look effortless!

I'm not a very good writer, so tldr, gameplay looks fun, but turn off the narration and skip the dialogue (or skim it for context) if you don't want to waste your time.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Thank goodness for that, I watched the Pewdiepie four hour playthrough and putting aside how obnoxious he can be (although he can be funny as well), the voiceover (as good as he is at his job) gets really tiresome, the writing is uninspired and there's far too much of it. If you're going to interrupt the gameplay so much with voiceovers and endless dialogue trees, it better be really deep, interesting or funny and it's none of those, it's just annoying and weird, not in a pitch perfect Psychonauts kinda way though, just random, like they used a random word generator or perhaps had AI write the script...

I normally don't like skipping dialogue in games, but I found myself skipping ahead in the video every time there was talking (once it became clear how poor it was), which was a lot! I'd say they should hire a good writer for any potential sequel, or just sideline that stuff to just basic filler and focus on gameplay gameplay gameplay, which again, looks fun, not perfect by any means (the audio lacks oomph for example), but worth a playthrough for sure!

Maybe I'm going on about writing too much, but I recently finished Ken Follett's: The Pillars of the Earth (it was free on the Epic store) and it reminded me what great writing looks like! Having also recently played games inspired by old graphic novels (that were also free on the Epic Store), it hit me at how easy the originals made it look, needless to say the recent ones were unfunny and had none of the charm of the games they esteemed to be imho. Truly great writing is rare indeed and if they are doing their job, it should look effortless!

I'm not a very good writer, so tldr, gameplay looks fun, but turn off the narration and skip the dialogue (or skim it for context) if you don't want to waste your time.
I'm being honest here, i was never hyped for the writing ot story for this game, it's gonna be something in the background for me, the biggest selling points are the combat, abilities, exploration, crafting, wacky stuff etc.

I was always pessimistic about the quality of story\chara so for me it's not gonna be a huge disappointment.

Top Bottom