• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock 2 confirmed by Take Two

knicks said:
Indeed it is really fucked up how PS3 gets no Bioshock.
Whose fault is it that you haven't purchased the correct Next-Gen system?

The whole PS3 comments are getting quite laughable. I highly doubt we'll EVER see a "---shock" game on any Sony system.

h3ro

segazg8fz1.gif

s_e31ac6cb430bbf6bfc547999e7fcffb8.gif

:D

Matt

speculawyer said:
Nice try, but EA would still have to honor TTWO's contracts unless they want to get into a fight with Microsoft.
We actually don't know that at all, it would all depend on how the contracts were written. It could be rather easy for EA to simply refund whatever MS put up for the game. Or not, but we really have no way to be sure.

DangerStepp

Fatalah said:
Wow, BioShock creator Ken Levine looks just like Steve Carell!

ken_levine_image.jpg

u5itjvw4adp.jpg
Wow, he does. They could easily be mistaken for brothers. Also, excellent news about Bioshock 2, though who didn't see it coming?

Is Ken just stopping by the offices to jack off on the final product or will he actually be involved in the game design at a fundmental level?

DeadGzuz

Banned
I finally finished Bioshock last night. I liked the ending. It took me since release day to finish it, it got damn repetitive in the middle, the 4-5 months off made the last few hours more fun. It helped that I just ran through to the end, I just wanted to see how the story wrapped up.

What Take2 exec actually said on their conference call:

Mike Hickey - Janco Partners

Thanks for taking my question and congrats on the quarter. Curious on 2K Marin. I thought that studio was created for original IP and why Bioshock is moving to 2K Marin? And what is Ken up to? Is he still attached to that name?

And then if 2K Boss in Australia are not working on Bioshock 2, obviously we’ve heard they are working on a different game. Is that something that we can model in the next year?

Benjamin Feder

You know, Ken is a terrific asset in the company and he’s a brilliant game developer. We’re really excited to have him. He’s working on -- he will be working on Bioshock 2 and he will be working on the new IP. A lot of the work will be done at 2K Marin but that’s not to say Ken is not involved. We think he’s critical to Bioshock and he’s critical to new IP in the company.

Mike Hickey - Janco Partners

Okay, and then -- so then 2K Boss in Australia, they’re working on one game then with a little bit of time spent on Bioshock 2, or --

Benjamin Feder

Yeah, they are working on another game.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
DeadGzuz said:
I finally finished Bioshock last night. I liked the ending. It took me since release day to finish it, it got damn repetitive in the middle, the 4-5 months off made the last few hours more fun. It helped that I just ran through to the end, I just wanted to see how the story wrapped up.
Which ending did you get?

Top Bottom