• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Games are now BC on XB1

SheHateMe

This is great news for me.

I refused to buy the Collection because I already owned all 3 on X360 and decided to keep them and now I can play on my X1.

Thanks, MS, for saving me some money.

Chris1

Yessssssss I've been waiting for the Bioshock games. Held out on the remaster hoping it'd go BC.

I might even pick up the remaster sooner rather than later now just to show support.

Good on MS for keeping their promise from last year. I have to admit I was beginning to think it wouldn't happen when they pulled the "coming soon" part of the website.

Menitta

Cool. I've been meaning to replay Bioshock 1, but it ran like ass on 360, and the collection is apparently not good.

Well....that pisses me off. Got the collection thinking it would never be BC. At least I have digital copies now I guess.

Montresor

Good guy Microsoft making remastered games into BC.

I want to see weirder and weirder BC announcements too.

Like randomly seeing Destiny on 360 is BC. That would be nuts.

I want to see Microsoft make a commitment to making everything possible BC, even if the game is remastered, is a cross-gen game, is a sports game, a niche JRPG, etc...

Montresor

Is there any chance the Digital Foundry analysis will show that playing the Bioshock games BC through XB1 gives better performance than the remastered versions? Purely based on performance. Obviously resolution and bells and whistles will go to the remaster. But I'm wondering about frame rate.

Just wondering how bad the remastered versions are, to see if that is a remote possibility.

DOWN

Banned
Still gross as f that they won't patch the bug messes in The Collection

0 patches and you can't even stream the game at all

I read that the collection was pretty rough and has questionable asset changes so this is good news.

Honestly, i didn't really notice anything majorly off with it other than maybe some of the water effects. Only played 1 so far. Otherwise this remaster on my 4k looked amazing. Just started 2 and it looks even better.

Duxxy3

Was not expecting that. I think I already have Bioshock Infinite as one of the games with gold games.

Vert boil

Wondered how long it had been since the Collection was released.

13th Sept, Collection Released in the US.
13th Dec, BC release.

Three months exactly.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
They've been on the feedback sites as "in progress" for a while. So anyone wh frequents that site would have known for self time.

muzzymate

Coming soon TM.

Glad they are finally here! Wondering how they'll perform with the unlocked framerate option turned on.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Noice. MS seem to be hitting it out of the park with their BC solution. Really great stuff here. I'm really surprised because of the remasters though. You'd think they'd have to go through the publishers wanting to keep their bottom line through their remaster release, but i guess 2K doesn't care, and i guess you can also buy them through the XB1 store right?

Huh, maybe word of mouth (or the dozens of streams showing blank screens) did their work with the remaster collection.

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty salty about having picked up the PS4 collection sight unseen, and now more so that my Rapture Collection can be used.

Never forget:
hXSQDEz.jpg

Top Bottom