• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite delayed (February 26th, 2013)

anddo0

Looking at my list. I can't find anything to play this fall.

Let's see

1- The Last Guardian: 2013? if ever
2- Bioshock Infinite: 2013 now
3- The Last of Us: fall 2012?
4- Metal Gear: RR: 2012?
5- Dishonored: 2012?

those were my top 5.. I kinda want RE6 day one.. Borderlands 2, AC3 etc... discounted $40 and under..

So yeah, that Wii U is looking mighty good, even with no solid release date and games.

ElNino

Really? I never understood preordering a game 2 months or more in advance unless it was some sort of special edition with limited quantities. I've always preordered my games 2 weeks before release date & ive never had an issue getting my copy.

Different strokes I guess.
I assume it's because Stump pre-ordered durign the the Future Shop E3 sale, which means he'll get it for $40 on release.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So now this, Crysis 3, and GoW: A may be coming within a month of each other. Early 2013 is going to be insane.

dissapointed but yeah, I'm okay with this. Fuck it, I planned on playing Dragon's Dogma and Max Payne 3 the rest of the year anyway along with working through my backlog

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Hmm... no Black Friday -50% discount ; ;

Oh wells, it'll go towards BLOPS II, God Fucking Dammit, hate moving monetary resources from one title to another

Santar

Always annoying when this happens, but hardly a surprise anymore unfortunately.
Developers\publishers should really try to announce games when they're actually sure they can make the date. Not announcing stuff a year or more in advance is a first step.

Crowded game release months never was a problem for me though, the more great games the better!

Montresor

I love that he believes he needs to issue an apology. The dude can take all the time in the world he wants. I can wait if it means a better Bioshock game. =D

Izick

Yeah, it was one of the only games I really wanted to play this year, so it's basically a barren wasteland for my interests, gaming wise. I guess a big part of it is since we're starting to transition to the next generation, but I just can't remember a second half of a year that has had less interesting games...it's been quite a few years in fact.

I think this is going to be a difficult game to get right.
Out in the open town yet creating a constant sense of loneliness but also danger at the same time.

I'm going to give them time. This is trying to introduce a major change to a game all about atmosphere. They need to get it bang on.

Arcteryx

Damn that blows. Oh well, maybe it's for the better, as I've got a pretty full plate already for 2012.

I'd rather have them take extra time than rush it and have it be a flop.

Yeah, it was one of the only games I really wanted to play this year, so it's basically a barren wasteland for my interests, gaming wise. I guess a big part of it is since we're starting to transition to the next generation, but I just can't remember a second half of a year that has had less interesting games...it's been quite a few years in fact.

Luigi's Mansion surely must count?
But generally it is a barren wasteland - Wii U could prove a good buy depending how E3 goes!

The problem with a new gen is that lead times will only increase. There will be less developers on console games, less games and long times.

Woot?

.la1n

Just about any other team and I might be concerned. Give Levine all the time he needs because I know the team will deliver a fantastic product in the end. More polish can only mean good things.

Kinyou

rage5clut7.gif

Derrick01

Banned
They only recently started hiring more people for their multiplayer team so I imagine that's taking a while to finish given that we still haven't seen it.

GAF's favorite potential delay reason. ^_^

Don't even tease me like that. You know how much I hate multiplayer interfering with a game.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Not surprised, to be honest. All their gameplay footage has been extremely staged.
The game was announced way too early.

Izick

Luigi's Mansion surely must count?
But generally it is a barren wasteland - Wii U could prove a good buy depending how E3 goes!

The problem with a new gen is that lead times will only increase. There will be less developers on console games, less games and long times.

Woot?

Yeah, the WiiU could definitely win me over. This E3 basically hangs in the balance for me as to whether I, and I'm guessing quite a few others, buy a WiiU later on this year or not, and the odds are definitely now more in its favor now that I've actually looked at the very, very sparse line-up that's coming out later this year.

As for the problems. I feel like we keep hearing this every single year, and yet many developers are figuring out how to become successful and make tons of money. This is a little specific, for example, but maybe "most" FPS's are failing because they're only aping CoD's gameplay and success, instead of leading as an example; people want to buy the real thing, not the cheap copy. Leaders sell. (Also, I haven't cared for CoD in quite some time, I'm just saying that it's what people know and buy, so it's almost futile to just try and copy its formula and hope for sales.) As for less games and more developing time; we've hear that over and over again, and for the past years, we've had non-stop blockbuster packed holidays, and even Summertimes. Saying blockbuster and Summertime, in regarding games, would have been a crazy idea like 4 years ago. I'll just wait and see before I spell doom and gloom for gaming.

He also mentions in the message that they do not intend to show the game at E3. Why? That would be a perfect opportunity to grandly demonstrate the progress that has been made on the title. I wonder if development has been more bumpy than they are letting on.

Fabrik

Banned
This is a bad news for next-gen as well. How long developpement times are going to get?
I feel WiiU is very well positionned in that regard.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Booooo!

If it means making the game even better, then that's fine. I can wait a few more months.

see, this is the REAL reason this gen is lasting so long. delays out the ass. we should just come to expect at least 50% of any highly-anticipated titles to get knocked back 6 months minimum.

GQman2121

Banned
This is the best thing that they could have done. Even though it's FPS, it's still far to unique to go toe to toe with AC III; Halo 4; and BLOPS 2. Why not wait a few months and drop in Q1?

Top Bottom