• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite delayed (February 26th, 2013)

Love Ken Levines work, but the Bioshock games are not the kinds of games that should take 5 1/2 years to finish. Games like Skyrim and GTA sure, but not a Bioshock on Unreal Engine.

This is what I'm thinking but we can never know until the game comes out. The game looks excellent as it is and if being delayed means it gets some extra polish time then I don't mind. Quite a few games come out that I wish had some extra time to polish, the most recent example I can think of is Uncharted 3, which was an excellent game, but I felt like had they had more time the game would have had a better story and smoother combat mechanics.

I don't understand people that are "happy because October was getting too crowded". I could understand being excited because they are taking there time with it to ensure quality but if the game is released in October it would still be there in February if you wanted to play it then and would probably about $20 cheaper too.

aww there goes my top contender for GOTY 2012, o well, guess ill go on the short list for 2013. Should have quite a bit to tie me over this year

Nert

Well... I'm not really looking forward to almost anything this year, now. Maybe I'll take the plunge and get a Wii U on launch now :0

inky

I'm also thinking this probably means GTA V will be announced for October~ 2013, which means it will get delayed to May 2014, LOL.

Micerider

I don't understand people that are "happy because October was getting too crowded". I could understand being excited because they are taking there time with it to ensure quality but if the game is released in October it would still be there in February if you wanted to play it then and would probably about $20 cheaper too.

Yeah, but it does not work when you actually WANT to pay full price at release for several games to show support.

I know it's twisted, but I do that

If the game is delayed to make it better im not the one to complain.
ME3 needed more time and budget (also an ending written by the whole team instead of the two heads), and that was even delayed once.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if this is really because they want more time to work on the game or because of scheduling? I mean, looking into Winter 2012, it has a lot of competition. I'd rather see it perform well in a month where there's not much else than perform weaker because of other big games =/.

I mean October has Resident Evil 6, Assassin's Creed III and it had BioShock Infinite.

I'm gonna get all of those anyway, but I know not everyone can afford to get every game they want during the Winter.

Blunt

Banned
2202810-1336062051238.gif

Given that I'm going to be broke after WiiU, AC3, FC3, Halo 4 and whatever Nintendo is releasing at launch, I'm glad that I will be able to play Bioshock next year, with all the time it deserves.

Nizz

Same shit every year. Tons of titles scheduled for release in a clusterfuck Q4 then titles start dropping like flies.

It was looking pretty hectic this year, lot of other shooters to compete with. Far Cry 3, Medal of Honor, and Black Ops 2 to name a few. It's a disappointing delay but it's for the best I guess.

Disappointed. I was really looking forward to this.

On the bright side, I'll almost certainly have a new PC by then, so I'll be able to enjoy it in all its glory.

Muffdraul

So is this clearing the way for GTA:V? 2K could have pushed Bioshock so GTA can release and better compete with the shooters.

That's my bet. I've been hoping for an Oct 2012 release ever since the trailer came out last Nov, and the only nagging doubt I had was when they announced Bioshock for that month, that it would be a bad move to release two of their games so close to each other, especially when one of them was GTA. Believe.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
So the same month as presumably Dead Space 3. That'll be a busy time for me.

Meanwhile, it leaves me with zero shooters for this fall.

Arnie

I read this title as GTA V releasing in October.

Don't mind the delay, it'll be more than worth the wait.

Fjordson

Take-Two making them scoot over for GTA V in October.

Please.

Unfortunate about the delay, though. Really looking forward to Infinite.

Dyno

Can't get mad. Too many times I've said that it's stupid to launch during the annual fall glut. Lots of decent games get send out to die around then, and it's all in a vain attempt for a company to boost its final quarter.

That sucks. Bioshock Infinite was my most wanted... damn.

Besides that i don`t buy their reasoning for it (to improve the game). That was a purely strategic decision. They did the same with Bioshock 2 and the Darkness 2. Both were meant to be released in fall and then got delayed to feb the next year - the same old story.

GeoramA

Awful news. Now Borderlands 2 is the only FPS I'm looking forward to this year.

But if we now get GTA V this year then I couldn't give two shits about any FPS.

Glix

Bummer, but I would much rather them let us know now than in August or September.

Levine really seems like the best dude in gaming on this continent.

IrishNinja

This is the best thing that they could have done. Even though it's FPS, it's still far to unique to go toe to toe with AC III; Halo 4; and BLOPS 2. Why not wait a few months and drop in Q1?

but this game looks good though

alright AC III might be cool but still

seriously though, COD, GTA and all of em can go fly a kite, i want this game

anod1zed

Neo Member
Honestly don't mind this delay at all. With d3 and gw2 I am going to have plenty to do. I wonder what kind of tech they are putting into place though, or if it's just pure optimization.

I guess the season of delaying xmas releases until the next year has started early this year.

Some people have taken this news to mean that GTA V could come out this year:
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/...ther-take-two-interactive-release-delay.html/

I think that is nothing but wishful thinking.

Kind of makes sense though doesn't it? If GTA 5 isn't coming out this year then it would mean it is coming next year in that same window. That would be an even worse move if they are moving away from the holiday crunch into a window where they are competing against their own product.

Clott

Well that like really far away anyway. It's best to forget and focus on something else. I mean, 2013? The summer hasn't even started yet an you want me to think about after the next one.

welp i had planned on buying 3 more games this year...Halo 4, Borderlands 2 and Bioshock Infinite

this being delayed means i may buy BLOPS2 or even a WiiU or Vita depending on the game libraries

Muffdraul

Shit, wasn't this the one/first game announced for 2012?

I definitely remember that when it was first announced in summer 2010 they said 2012. I forgot about that, that does make this suck more than I realized. Bioshock is one of my favorites and I know I said just a few weeks ago that it was my most aniticpated game this year, along with AC3. But I have to be honest; the idea of them clearing the way for GTA V in October... they could cancel Bioshock Infinite completely and I wouldn't bat an eye.

Kind of makes sense though doesn't it? If GTA 5 isn't coming out this year then it would mean it is coming next year in that same window. That would be an even worse move if they are moving away from the holiday crunch into a window where they are competing against their own product.

GTA V can release in October next year, hell even May (Rockstar's usual release window for the past couple of years). Three months between the releases is a large enough gap.

Besides, GTA is a sales beast. Rockstar chooses a period where they absolutely own every sale, so why bother releasing in an overcrowded period? Shareholders would probably like that as well and look how many bazillion copies GTA IV sold in a non-holiday period. Probably some more than when they had released in October/November as intended.

There is no way GTA V is releasing this year.

Top Bottom