• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite |OT| No Gods, Kings, or Irrational Games

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
I haven't even played the game

All I got was spoilers of said game from source in this thread

Some thing matches of what was relayed to me in PM

I'm just doing a PSA for those who come late into the thread and leave a warning hopefully

I messaged Andrew. ASAP to be weary and stay away

I only read the third point. Does the third point match? Be honest, either way once I know I can get the hell out of this thread

What I'm curious about is how this always manages to happen with Bioshock games. I never had a spoiler problem with God of War, Gears, Halo, Tomb Raider, ect. but assholes who spoil games flock to the Metal Gear and Bioshock games. I even remember some dick bough a spoiler banner add on Something Awful when the first game was released.

Derrick01

Banned
What I'm curious about is how this always manages to happen with Bioshock games. I never had a spoiler problem with God of War, Gears, Halo, Tomb Raider, ect. but assholes who spoil games flock to the Metal Gear and Bioshock games. I even remember some dick bough a spoiler banner add on Something Awful when the first game was released.

Story focused games encourage people to spoil them more. I ran into the huge end of Act 3 MGS 4 spoilers before it came out and was furious, thankfully the story ended up being so ridiculously stupid that I didn't care much in the end.

But the point is you have to be extra careful with story focused games.

aravuus

I haven't even played the game

All I got was spoilers of said game from source in this thread

Some thing matches of what was relayed to me in PM

I'm just doing a PSA for those who come late into the thread and leave a warning hopefully

I messaged Andrew. ASAP to be weary and stay away

You are literally confirming the spoilers. Goddamn it. I can easily assume they were fake spoilers and be (almost) as surprised as I would have been had I not read them. Or rather, I COULD have been, but you went and confirmed them. Thanks.

Lakitu

st5fu
Not to play the blame game, but I wouldn't have even noticed it had the post not been quoted. :(

But the mod edit makes me feel better. Hope they are fake.

I need a mind enema, just incase.

Deadbeat

Banned
I doubt its real because it goes against some other spoiler I heard about the characters. So unless Ken Levine is all about retconning then its not true.

Everyone fucking relax.

Those of you that preordered from Amazon, did you already get a code for the industrial revolution preorder bonus? All I got was voucher for the Mind in Revolt dl.

antitrop

What's the point of leaving now if its true.

Attention.

Those of you that preordered from Amazon, did you already get a code for the industrial revolution preorder bonus? All I got was voucher for the Mind in Revolt dl.
I pre-ordered from GMG and they sent me the Industrial Revolution key in the same e-mail as my order confirmation. Can't speak about Amazon, though.

Anyone know what the point of the IR game is? All I did was play it for like 2 minutes and it started posting shit on my Facebook wall about how I was unlocking things in Bioshock Infinite or something.

OneLetter

5723_367175300062465_147336262_n.jpg

Make sure to come out to our special Midnight Openings: http://irrationalgames.com/

Here's the FB Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/353485414761612/

I'll personally be at the Toronto event, and if you're in LA, you WILL want to be at the Universal City Walk location at 9PM, since Nico Vega will be performing LIVE! :D

Hope to see our fans turn out in droves.

Yup the assumed fake spoiler was posted no tag nothing, just trolling the thread and then gravegrobber decided to do his dumb ass PSA

fuck me, some people are just annoying. That's exactly how I got spoiled elsewhere. I feel the pain for anyone who actually read it and I won't search for it (likely deleted by mods now anyway) in case it is something different to waht i saw.
I really hope these spoilers are just a bad joke and not real :( a man can dream

Muffdraul

If they did go this route again, hopefully better than the "multiple endings" of Bioshock 1.

They were both practically exactly the same.

Well... they did both conclude the story. But beyond that, I honestly have no idea how anyone could say that with a straight face.

Derrick01

Banned
It would be easier to forget what was posted if people stop bringing it up every post. I only caught the first few words and was ready to pass it off but it keeps being brought to the front of my mind every time people post about it on here.

Vire

What the hell is going on...

Can't even be safe on GAF, I figured avoiding Youtube would be enough. Two guys trying to spoil now...

Assholes being assholes.

If they did go this route again, hopefully better than the "multiple endings" of Bioshock 1.

They were both practically exactly the same.

I did like the bit in Bioshock 2 where two slicers are talking about Jack and they say "Some say he did this, others say he did this". Pretty cool way to acknowledge the multiple endings by making them both rumors.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Sorry was trying to be helpful to keep posters in this thread protected

Also the PM I got can be fake as fuck

I don't really have the spoilers in picture or writing form, just second hand account

I PM'ed Andrew. as soon as the post came up to stop him from posting in here, just in case

If I have to eat a ban, I'll happily do so

Ohwiseone

I feel like we need a new thread now. even if it was fake I don't wanna black out till Monday at the latest.

But, I dont want to risk getting spoiled :/

Top Bottom