• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite | Season Pass announcement

ElRenoRaven

I don't think the DLC is cut content, and I'm not questioning the quality, but asking me to pony up another $20 even before I buy your $60 (if they're not getting the limited edition) just makes me immediately put it in the 'wait for a sale' pile. I don't care if the game has a hundred items of DLC after it comes out, but let me play and finish the game first before making me think about that stuff.

Exactly. When you're already trying to get 20 more bucks before I've even played the base game, hell before it's even out, then it does nothing but immediately turn me off and makes me wait.

Elixist

Pre-order now and you dont even have to play the game! Open a teleporter in the intro and teleport right to the final boss for the wins with a full wallet and maxed out guns! (requires preorder)

Looks like I'm going to be pre-ordering it soon.

bio-team-shorter-no-logo.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8870/?snr=1_4_4__105_1

gdt

Didn't think this warranted a new thread, but Levine stoking dat hype on Twitter: (spoilered just in case!)

!!! Oh shit I can guess what he's hinting at. Granted I'm mostly spoiler free on this game but one mechanic got through my defenses...

Edit: I will wait and see with the DLC.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm glad to see everyone's unphased by this but I cancelled my preorder the moment I heard about it. I was already a little iffy on the game with the rocky development, then the "we want to attract the dudebro frathouse crowd", this is strike 3.

I also thought Bioshock was a little overrated for what it's worth, I can wait on this game. I'd rather not support these business practices.

Vire

Sorry, I love you Ken but no can do.

I'll buy your game first, then we'll talk before I give you another Andrew Jackson.

BlazinAm

I'm glad to see everyone's unphased by this but I cancelled my preorder the moment I heard about it. I was already a little iffy on the game with the rocky development, then the "we want to attract the dudebro frathouse crowd", this is strike 3.

I also thought Bioshock was a little overrated for what it's worth, I can wait on this game. I'd rather not support these business practices.

ummm.... ok. I don't know where you would get the "attract the dudebro frathouse crowd" from just about anything that they have said over the course of the PR/marketing cycle.

I understand the hate.

But I'm in. The fact that it is a single player game means that this narrative/mission content such that it is not just multiplayer maps. So I'm down for that.

If you don't like it then don't buy it. I'm sure it will be available in a full-pack edition a year or so from now. But please go and pre-order the base Bioshock Infinite on Steam because I want those 7 TF2 itmes.
3AQmK.gif

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8870/

(And I'm guessing you'll get a free-copy of XCOM too which is an awesome game but that is just my guess.)

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

Such dumb, irrational thinking on display here.

Oh no, they're adding more content later to what they've promised is a self-contained and complete game. Oh no, they had to make their marketing appeal to a wider audience - I can't believe they want to sell this game to people! Oh no, they took 5 years to make a game (the same amount of time it took to make the first Bioshock) and have explained in tons of interviews recently why it took so long, but I'll continue to believe it's because they're completely incompetent and the game is a wreck.

You can "not support these business practices" by not buying the season pass.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Such dumb, irrational thinking on display here.

Oh no, they're adding more content later to what they've promised is a self-contained and complete game. Oh no, they had to make their marketing appeal to a wider audience - I can't believe they want to sell this game to people! Oh no, they took 5 years to make a game (the same amount of time it took to make the first Bioshock) and have explained in tons of interviews recently why it took so long, but I'll continue to believe it's because they're completely incompetent and the game is a wreck.

You can "not support these business practices" by not buying the season pass.

Well said.

I had no problem preording the season pass. I'm looking forward to the additional content.

Optional post launch expansions?! PRE-ORDER CANCELLED!

Seriously though, I haven't actually pre-ordered this game yet, but I have every intention of getting it day 1. Indeed, this is my most awaited game of the last several years.

I'm going to wait on anything beyond the base game though. I'll treat each DLC item as a seperate entity because we all know they can range from great to awful. Still, this season pass business doesn't surprise or phase me.

Gamejunky

Should be included in the Ultimate 150 dollar edition imo. I"m already spending 150 and you want another damn 20 bucks? gimme a break

Should be included in the Ultimate 150 dollar edition imo. I"m already spending 150 and you want another damn 20 bucks? gimme a break

Now this I actually agree with!

If you're going to have an outrageous ultimate edition, you had better hope it includes everything.

Keasar

Pass. I rather check this time if each content is actually worth it. I fell for it in Battlefield 3 and Borderlands 2. Not anymore.

Top Bottom