• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock - Official Thread of horror and awesome and draconian DRM for PC gamers

Eric WK said:
These two weeks are going to suck.
Buy a Clover game. I swear to God they'll whiz by and you'll never have been happier with a purchase in your life [as long as you don't follow Viewtiful Joe past the second game].

Yeah, I hope this title can achieve mass-market appeal. I think I was pretty much convinced it was going to be a purchase when I saw that video with Ken Levine talking about how he dislike cut-scenes, and wants to tell the story through immersion in an in-game world. I remember thinking "FINALLY!". I couldn't have agreed with him more, but a lot of people don't seem to mind. There are plenty of games out there that keep the status-quo going strong... Which is why I really hope this one gets spectacular sales!

Unfortunately, I'm moving at the end of August, and probably won't be picking up much of anything until things get settled in the fall, and get a new TV and such... Buy a 360, or upgrade the PC, that is going to be the big question...

On a side note, I'm finding it difficult to interest anyone in this game who hasn't heard of it. Everyone who knows the name knows the score, though.

It could certainly use some advertising. I'd rather hear that people are skipping work and class for Bioshock than Madden or Halo 3, but then again it's hard to change tradition.

dejay

Banned
I'll post my Big Daddy doing the sign of the devil photoshop in a totally legendary thread.

4lz8x7c.jpg

Tieno

Seeing as MS nabbed this up as an exclusive I hope they put some marketting behind it. At least it can take advantage of the 'exclusive' veil, if nothing else.

Eric WK

Decided to listen through the podcasts while I fooled around on XBLA and I really enjoyed them. Especially the ones with Ken Levine.

Levine's vision, his approach to game design, etc. is so refreshing.

He's the designer Dyack wishes he was.

Mr. Spinnington said:
Buy a Clover game. I swear to God they'll whiz by and you'll never have been happier with a purchase in your life [as long as you don't follow Viewtiful Joe past the second game].

If I owned a PS2 I'd hightail it to GameStop for Okami first thing tomorrow morning. Well if I owned a PS2 I'd already own Okami, but anyway.

Interestingly, I do have my friend's GC here and a copy of Viewtiful Joe. I may just play through it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Eric WK said:
Interestingly, I do have my friend's GC here and a copy of Viewtiful Joe. I may just play through it.

Thanks for the suggestion.
No problem! If you have anything near the fun that I did with it, you'll end up watching your free time draining effortlessly down to the 21st.

It's the game that got me back into gaming.

JCBossman

Banned
Ok I got a question for you Gamestop/EB clerks, when do preorders USUALLY stop, I am on vactaion this week and won't be able to get to my EB before say next Tuesday? Will I be OK, for the LE preorder?

I am trying my hardest to rally support for this game... but jesus ****ing christ is it hard. I keep telling my friends about the reviews and they say "oh cool..." and then the conversation moves on to a new game..

I re-watch old bioshock trailers with them and I let out short gasps and tee-hee's to show my enthusiasm.

I even randomly include the word "bioshock" in text messages I send!

Burger

Karma Kramer said:
I am trying my hardest to rally support for this game... but jesus ****ing christ is it hard. I keep telling my friends about the reviews and they say "oh cool..." and then the conversation moves on to a new game..

I re-watch old bioshock trailers with them and I let out short gasps and tee-hee's to show my enthusiasm.

Tell me about it. I said to a friend today "You picking up Bioshock at the end of the month?" and all I got was a "Never heard of it?"

So I showed him the trailer and he was pretty much "Holy shit, sold."

So you owe me Irrational...

Karma Kramer said:
I have made two sales among friends, one on 360, one on PC. I feel like I've done my bit for this title now. I really, really hope it works out, because we need more games like this.

GOTY!

Currently playing System Shock (thanks to the SystemShock_portable thread - can play it on XP!)

Next : System Shock 2!!

That should help pass the time until the 24th - then it's a solid weekend of Rapture :D

I haven't sat and played a game in a marathon session for many years, but as I'm off to Mexico for 2 weeks on the 27th, i've only really got 2 and a half days to play it!!!!

Hopefully Gamestation or someone will break the street date and sell it on the 23rd (they do that sometimes)

I've actually got the fear that I'll miss my flight because I'll have to complete the game before I go!! :lol :lol :lol

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I'm not buying this game for $60, it doesn't interest me. :(

*Flees from the banstick+hordes of Bioshock lovers

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Heh heh thanks for the warm welcome.

I might pick it up, I know nothing about Bioshock up until now and maybe that's a good thing. . .

EDIT A: Or maybe I won't in spite of KK.

EDIT B: Question - I remember seeing a Bioshock faceplate for the 360, will this be available in stores once Bioshock releases or is it one of those bullshit 'this only goes out to gamestop employees etc.' faceplates? I think it looks pretty cool.

Black_Ice said:

I might pick it up, I know nothing about Bioshock up until now and maybe that's a good thing. . .

Defiantly a good thing. Buy the game and thank me later.

bud

Black_Ice said:
I'm not buying this game for $60, it doesn't interest me. :(

*Flees from the banstick+hordes of Bioshock lovers

Black_Ice said:

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
bud said:

'I might pick it up if I can find it for $40' is what I should've said. Sorry. :\

And by the wat, KK, that is one ****ed up pic that you have as your avatar as far as I'm concerned. :lol

G-Fex

Karma Kramer said:

Yeah sadly it's the same for me, they're all like "looks okay" attitude towards it. I mean I barely saw the E3 demo and was floored by the trap ideas, my friend thought it was well again "okay" .

But my enjoyment is all that matters.

ShinNL

Okay, my notebook is somewhere between the line of minimum specs and recommended specs. I'm gonna go for it. And oh yeah, didn't follow this game at all before the last two topics. Mind blown.

Hope my notebook will run it... it barely runs a tweaked Oblivion (but runs CS:S smooth as silk). 1.60Ghz Centrino Duo, 7600 GT 256MB, 2GB RAM... hmmm *prays*.

Thermite

Bioshock, two weeks, mine!

Black_Ice said:
EDIT B: Question - I remember seeing a Bioshock faceplate for the 360, will this be available in stores once Bioshock releases or is it one of those bullshit 'this only goes out to gamestop employees etc.' faceplates? I think it looks pretty cool.

it's only available to Gamestop/Eb Games store managers, if I remember correctly, which is complete bullshit. this Bioshock faceplate is one of the few that I actually like and would put on my Xbox 360.

edit: P.S.-
buy Bioshock!

Thermite

Quellex said:
Unfortunately, both box arts are the same.

I would prefer this one

Check out more [URL="http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/coverartcontestwinners.html"]Here[/URL][/QUOTE]

I believe that's the box art for the Limited Edition, correct?

Top Bottom