• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, and You: Navigating the Future of Tech (a NeoGAF discussion thread)

Dynasty8

Some perspective: https://www.reddit.com/r/SatoshiStreetBets/

This subreddit had about 18k members this morning. It has jumped up to 45k and climbing as of right now. Same shit happened with r/WallStreetBets earlier on. Their subscribers/members were puny and it just fucking exploded this week with GME gaining attention. DOGE is up over 250% today and getting more coverage by the media.

Dynasty8

I am up $10k just today on a small deposit. I don't want to miss out on another once in a lifetime Bitcoin opportunity. I am about to dump $30k in this thing currently sitting at $0.04 cents...

Myths

Same I tried to buy with $50 from my failed GME push and it stalled out so I cancelled the order and now my money is in limbo for who the fuck knows how long.
I thought I was the only one. In fact, I don’t even know where the money went. The hell...

Irobot82

I thought I was the only one. In fact, I don’t even know where the money went. The hell...
It'll come back. It's going parabolic and I (maybe we) made the mistake of trying to buy at current spot when we had to probably buy a little above to get someone to bite. It's not like a crypto exchange where there are enough orders to fufill things super fast.

No worries this is just play money for me right now fucking around. It'll probably show up tomorrow or in a few hours.

Dynasty8

If you bought from RobinHood, you should be good. I bought mine in the morning and it still doesn't show due to high volume. You can double check the transaction in history (while you're viewing Dogrecoin).

But Robinhood has been going through hell. Anyone who's looking to buy I recommend www.binance.us ...It's the best method right now if you live in US.

Irobot82

If you bought from RobinHood, you should be good. I bought mine in the morning and it still doesn't show due to high volume. You can double check the transaction in history (while you're viewing Dogrecoin).

But Robinhood has been going through hell. Anyone who's looking to buy I recommend www.binance.us ...It's the best method right now if you live in US.
How long does Binance's verification take?

Myths

Wait... I forgot they did that pending funds with crypto to “slow” trade of BTC a few weeks back. That’s when it took a major dip from 40K to 31K. I think they might be applying this to DOGE. Few weeks back they said it would take several days for the funds to be available after a sale. I do wonder....

At least, I wouldn’t put it past me if they made such a move.

Last edited:

Irobot82

Wait... I forgot they did that pending funds with crypto to “slow” trade of BTC a few weeks back. That’s when it took a major dip from 40K to 31K. I think they might be applying this to DOGE. Few weeks back they said it would take several days for the funds to be available after a sale. I do wonder....

At least, I wouldn’t put it past me if they made such a move.
I had like $150 in Etherium sitting in my Exodus wallet for some reason, so I transferred $100 to DOGE. I should have sent it to Bittrex or something and exchanged and brought it back but I was just messing around. Fee was like $12. But it's already worth $155. Too crazy.

Dynasty8

Can someone explain how $DOGE is "the next bitcoin"? Can it actually be used as money long term? This looks like s massive pump and dump...

Nothing is the "next Bitcoin". Only one that has a chance of coming close IMO would be Ethereum, but even that is pretty damn expensive right now. Bitcoin will always be king.

DOGE Coin does similar shit as other alt coins, but its' name is based on a meme. People think that it's not worth investing for that reason, but it has gained a shit ton of love and tweets from Elon and others alike. It is slowly becoming the most viral coin and getting a ton of media coverage. It's a good time to jump in if you haven't already.

Last edited:

God Enel

I swear to god. Everyone should jump in just to be part of this. Especially as Dogecoin is not a big investment. Put your ten bucks in and let's ride to the moon baby. Let the hype consume you. #believe #retarded #dogecoin :messenger_rocket: 🌕

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
f325b2a96835c82288f786bf11f7dec8.gif

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Can someone explain how $DOGE is "the next bitcoin"? Can it actually be used as money long term? This looks like s massive pump and dump...

Supposedly it has an infinite supply unlike Bitcoin so I’m guessing it won’t ever be like that.

Kinda feels like meme magic is driving the price right now more than anything.

Also Robinhood won’t let you buy crypto until your funds “clear” so that’s gonna suck for people just getting in.

Last edited:

Ascend

If Dogecoin closes at or below 0.04 today, expect a major reversal.

In the meantime, Bitcoin has convincingly and strongly cancelled its descending triangle. From here I expect a possible last drop to at most (i.e. not lower than) 33k and then up. Or we simply go for another full blast run again. The former is normally healthier for the long term though.
If we go below 33k anytime soon for an extended period of time, this was a false breakout. I don't expect it though, because the volume on the breaking of the descending triangle was huge. If we close above 35.5k this week, it becomes extremely likely that we are in for another run very very shortly, since it confirms a double tweezer bottom with equally sized candles, which is a reversal pattern.

eot

Banned
If we close above 35.5k this week, it becomes extremely likely that we are in for another run very very shortly, since it confirms a double tweezer bottom with equally sized candles, which is a reversal pattern.
Make sure you check your tea leaves too

Thomish

This is my gut feeling too but I'm only $20 in. YOLO.

Nothing is the "next Bitcoin". Only one that has a chance of coming close IMO would be Ethereum, but even that is pretty damn expensive right now. Bitcoin will always be king.

DOGE Coin does similar shit as other alt coins, but its' name is based on a meme. People think that it's not worth investing for that reason, but it has gained a shit ton of love and tweets from Elon and others alike. It is slowly becoming the most viral coin and getting a ton of media coverage. It's a good time to jump in if you haven't already.

Supposedly it has an infinite supply unlike Bitcoin so I’m guessing it won’t ever be like that.

Kinda feels like meme magic is driving the price right now more than anything.

Also Robinhood won’t let you buy crypto until your funds “clear” so that’s gonna suck for people just getting in.
I actually got some for the LOLs yesterday, I'm just thinking of utility? I'm just trying to think - can we start trading in $DOGE? It's a working cryptocurrency. Why not? EviLore EviLore would you allow us to buy gold membership with $DOGE? Plz?

Irobot82

I actually got some for the LOLs yesterday, I'm just thinking of utility? I'm just trying to think - can we start trading in $DOGE? It's a working cryptocurrency. Why not? EviLore EviLore would you allow us to buy gold membership with $DOGE? Plz?
DOGE is really just a meme coin. No other purpose.

On the upside I've already doubled my position. Just need to dump it! :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Top Bottom