• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, and You: Navigating the Future of Tech (a NeoGAF discussion thread)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Going back up, heart palpitation stonkage!!!

Angry Dog GIF

Ascend

Just wanted to tell you, that what you just experienced with Dogecoin, that's how the final blow off top will be with the whole crypto market. Everybody will be celebrating how high we're going and how much money they're making.
The drop, it will be seen as just another correction before we go higher... And then it never does.
We could still go higher in the short term with Doge, but this is a good example of what to expect. This kind of hype is blinding. I've said it before and I'll say it again. When everyone thinks the only way we can go is up, is exactly when the party is over.

I will be setting up a trading bot for Doge with a small amount, when I think it has reached its bottom. There's no way to keep up with the market when things are going crazy like that. And despite it being a meme coin, its gains have been too substantial to ignore.

Just wanted to tell you, that what you just experienced with Dogecoin, that's how the final blow off top will be with the whole crypto market. Everybody will be celebrating how high we're going and how much money they're making.
The drop, it will be seen as just another correction before we go higher... And then it never does.
We could still go higher in the short term with Doge, but this is a good example of what to expect. This kind of hype is blinding. I've said it before and I'll say it again. When everyone thinks the only way we can go is up, is exactly when the party is over.

I will be setting up a trading bot for Doge with a small amount, when I think it has reached its bottom. There's no way to keep up with the market when things are going crazy like that. And despite it being a meme coin, its gains have been too substantial to ignore.
Ok doomer. So sell everything. Just because some alt peaked doesnt mean this is the end

Irobot82

Agreed.

The thing with Doge too is it's completely artificial. It has no purpose, value other than people meming it. Maybe that does give it real value, but in the end, it's really a penny stock.

Ascend

Ok doomer. So sell everything. Just because some alt peaked doesnt mean this is the end
I never said it was the end. I said this is a good example of how the top will be. Bitcoin is currently not behaving like Doge just did. We are not at the top. That doesn't mean we won't get corrections though.

bigedole

As someone who has been investing in crypto since 2017 I am long since past my phase of ever feeling FOMO lol. I passed on BTC when it was at $900, nothing will ever top that :) I have a good amount of Ethereum, OMG and Ark that I'm just gonna let ride for the next 15 years until my kids are in college. I managed to cash out my initial investment back in early 2018 so even if it all disappears I'm not out anything but equity.

When I started, I tried to pick things I thought could legitimately be useful in a digital marketplace. DOGE was just a joke, so seeing it do stuff like this really drives home how tall the hurdles are for crypto to find legitimacy. There are a lot of really creative projects that people are working hard on things they hope will provide genuine value to the world, but it's the meme that moons lol

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Agreed.

The thing with Doge too is it's completely artificial. It has no purpose, value other than people meming it. Maybe that does give it real value, but in the end, it's really a penny stock.

This is kinda where I get confused with Doge. LIke I get that something has value as long as someone is willing to pay for it, but what is causing this absurd activity? Is it people coming in from RH and the GME/BANG/Meme stocks dicking around?

Last edited:

Irobot82

This is kinda where I get confused with Doge. LIke I get that something has value as long as someone is willing to pay for it, but what is causing this absurd activity? Is it people coming in from RH and the GME/BANG/Meme stocks dicking around?
That and I think stuff like Elon fucking around in tweets. Who knows. One thing I do know if that Crypto is fucking weird sometimes.....all the time.

When I started, I tried to pick things I thought could legitimately be useful in a digital marketplace. DOGE was just a joke, so seeing it do stuff like this really drives home how tall the hurdles are for crypto to find legitimacy. There are a lot of really creative projects that people are working hard on things they hope will provide genuine value to the world, but it's the meme that moons lol

It's like different people value different things!

nkarafo

What programs do you use to hold your wallets? A friend of mine suggested the Revolut app, which is what i'm using right now. Is that good? Can i access my wallet though other apps? I'm new to this.

Irobot82

What programs do you use to hold your wallets? A friend of mine suggested the Revolut app, which is what i'm using right now. Is that good? Can i access my wallet though other apps? I'm new to this.
Hard wallet

Ledger or Trezor

The rest I can't put on there I use Exodus

Rule #1

Not your keys, not your crypto.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
That and I think stuff like Elon fucking around in tweets. Who knows. One thing I do know if that Crypto is fucking weird sometimes.....all the time.
I am all for the average consumer getting paid from this but it just seems a bit irresponsible for Cuban and Elon to basically pump the coin. Someone will be left to pick up the pieces.

Last edited:

Irobot82

So these are not safe?

Whqt about Revolut?
It's not about safe. Are they trusted companies? Yes. Do they have good security? Most likely.

But at the end of the day.

1. They can take your coins and tell you to fuck off. (Exit Scam)
2. A hacker could feasibly come in and take your coins. (Mt.Gox, Bitfinex, etc)

I prefer to own my coins myself and be responsible for them myself.

I myself have Trezor and Exodus.

My private keys are hand written down, never copied over my computer and put somewhere hidden and safe in a fireproof bag.

Last edited:

Corgi1985

Banned
Been using the ledger nano for years and it hasn't given me any problems. Please fellas protect your coins. None of this is regulated and anything can happen to data stored online.

CloudNull

Banned
Man Kraken sure does not make it easy to get funds into your account. I think its my favorite exchange because of the additional coins that I can buy but it is not user friendly to start. Maybe that is the point lol.

Burger

Teach me how to setup a trading bot.

Synless

Crazy I finally looked at the dogecoin I mined in 2014 but after it crashed it was worth $14. So I just figured its pretty worthless.

I check now it's worth $19,278.
Ha, that's pretty sweet. I was content with the $50 that turned into a little over 1k.

I bought Doge last month for the lulz. I bought more last week because I assumed the market is retarded and the power of memes is bigger than the autism of the original crypto investors. I did one final yolo push when I woke up and it was at $0.23.
Earlier today I sold the amount I invested and I still have 5x more money in Binance.

Now the question is what's the next meme coin? Is it BitTorrent? Normies know the name.

Blade2.0

I won’t tell you what you should do, but I will not be selling my position in VET.
Yea, I didn't either. What I did do was put half in doge for the time being. Hoping it will rise faster than VET and then I'll sell at 50 or above and rebut more VET.

Top Bottom