• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black College Football Experience - announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamesj

Banned
Mr.Potato Head said:
The hockey games dont have.. White Hockey NHL Experience in the title of those games though :lol ..thats my point, its not really the game itself..i read alot of replies here and i see where alot are pointing out in this game.. that its historic,etc..ok i see those points but the title of the game dont fly with me.. nor would it fly with anyone if it was White football experience... im talking about the title now, think about how people would react if the title had WHITE in it.

People would say "hm, that's a pretty dumb name for a game about the Black college football experience." ;-)

Btw, the point is that the game is about black colleges and black people would be interested in that kind of experience in a game. If there was a "white college football experience," a few racists would be all about it, but most people would think of it as thick headed, considering white only colleges bring up antagonistic racism, while black colleges bring up concepts of overcoming racism.

it helps to look at it in more than 2 dimensions. Dwelling on the word "white" vs. the word "black" is only going to make you look like an ass.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I'm leaving this topic, I just read most of this thread and I do not want to post things I will regret later.

bluemax

Banned
impirius said:
Now can we please get back to talking about the awesome potential of a Halftime Show mode

I whole heartedly support this. I played in one of the top semi traditional style marching bands in America but Black College bands put us to shame on even our best days.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
whygafwhy.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
neojubei said:
Watch someone make a game about the Gay Games, you straight people will flip out.

I've long advocated a counterpart "Straight Games," but I always seem to run into trouble when figuring out the testing. Just like steroid users, there is no doubt that people will get cleverer and cleverer to avoid being caught by even the most rigid testing.

LuCkymoON

Banned
squatingyeti said:
You're missing the point obviously. We could call hockey, the white hockey experience. Doesn't mean there aren't minorities that play. Game would still get canceled after Reggie Jackson, Al Sharpton, NAACP, and every one else threw a shitfit.
Why would you do that? White Americans were never "historically" forced to play, work or learn within their own race. What did you expect Black Americans to do; not learn anything, not play sports, not play music. Did you expect them to stay in the fields and be share croppers for the rest of their lives? Black Americans couldn't have the "American" culture so they had to find their own, how can you be mad at that? I thought that was the "American way"?

neojubei said:
Wikipedia and google.com would work wonders in this topic, but most here does not want to use them.

ASSumptions abound. That "submit reply key" should come with age restrictions.

That is your only grip? so sad. If the game was called Asian College Football Experience would you have the same problem of the fact it might have black people in it?

Asian college football experience? i dont know, i guess it wouldnt bother me "as much" as black Football experience for the simple fact of our past history with slavery.

Let me ask you this.. would you have a problem with a game called "All White football experience"?

The title of this game hints to segregation a bit to much.. only if they could change the title :lol

Lebron

impirius said:
Now can we please get back to talking about the awesome potential of a Halftime Show mode
Of course, that's when the actual game/show starts anyway. We come for the Football, but stay for the bands:lol

67eejar.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom