• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black College Football Experience - announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdoughty

Banned
http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=45718&mode=thread&order=0

Posted on Wednesday, September 05 @ 10:26:30 PDT
Nerjyzed Entertainment, an African American owned digital entertainment company, announced its new sports videogame, Black College Football Experience. An authentic, action-packed football game created using the Unreal 3.0 engine, BCFx is a cultural experience that puts players and fans into the heart of black college football.

"Nerjyzed Entertainment was founded by a veteran team whose mission is to create positive interactive products for the urban market," said Jacqueline Beauchamp, chief executive officer of Nerjyzed Entertainment, Inc. "As HBCU alumni and black college football enthusiasts, we're proud that BCFx honors our rich tradition and provides an incredibly fun football game for the whole family to play."

BCFx is a sports game that captures the unique culture of the black college football experience, fusing advanced videogame design with music, and entertainment. Nerjyzed has secured an exclusive 5-year licensing agreement with three HBCU conferences including the SWAC, SIAC, and CIAA, several schools within the MEAC as well as independent HBCUs. The game features more than 40 teams, bands and mascots; interactive halftime shows; realistic stadiums; play-by-play commentary; and ten authentic Classics.

The game will be supported by a 12-week promotional road tour to HBCU campuses, Classics and homecoming games. BCFx will be available for the PC this November.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I'm disappointed that I can't come up with a suitable one liner that involves the black football experience and all the side deals that go via alumni and recruiters....

bdoughty

Banned
http://www.nerjyzed.com/

For the trailer

index_r1_c1.jpg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Loved the college fight song music. Altough it looks like it's going to be more gritty and judging by the hot cheerleaders, more urban.

bdoughty

Banned
To be fair EA has conveniently left the 1-AA teams out of all the next gen games and they have never given any of the feel of going to one of these games.

Plus alot of these teams have white kickers and punters. Hopefully my white brothers will make it in.

Never forget

415FYKK4P9L._AA280_.jpg

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
what's the outrage over? The idea of traditional black colleges? It took a video game to draw out this rage?

bdoughty

Banned
Masta_Killah said:
Interesting. Wonder if they'll have the marching bands? Those guys are awesome to watch.

Are we really getting that lazy? It is mentioned on post #1 and a band is pictured in the image?

Tamanon

Banned
People making random comments about double standards have no clue what they're talking about, and have no idea about the Historic Black Colleges.

Although I don't trust any game that's just being announced and will be released in Fall 2007.

levious

Joe Molotov said:
Do I have to provide proof of ethnicity to purchase the game?

seriously, I guess most here don't know what a historic black college even is.

bdoughty

Banned
Tamanon said:
People making random comments about double standards have no clue what they're talking about, and have no idea about the Historic Black Colleges.

Although I don't trust any game that's just being announced and will be released in Fall 2007.

Exactly. Since nobody else is representing their schools in video game form, why the fuck not make a game.

deadbeef

Masta_Killah said:
Interesting. Wonder if they'll have the marching bands? Those guys are awesome to watch.

What do you mean those guys?

Just kidding, halftime shows are the most glaring thing missing from EA's NCAA 0x Football.

You guys realize how much SHIT the gaming industry or a game developer would be in if they were to make a White College Football Experience videogame? :lol

I never understood some of the logic in this area..its ok for the black community to do what they want but the white community has to walk on egg shells.....or else!!!

Im not racists..i have plenty of black, latino and asian friends, im half latino myself. i just feel this aint right, thats all.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Only on fucking gaf, would you have people comparing this to RE5, like its even remotely similar. "Double Standards" <--:lol

I hope they have something dealing with the battle of the bands.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Oldschoolgamer said:
Only on fucking gaf, would you have people comparing this to RE5, like its even remotely similar.
Only on fucking GAF would people take that comment seriously.

levious

Mr.Potato Head said:
Im not racists..i have plenty of black, latino and asian friends, im half latino myselfh. i just feel this aint right, thats all.

ask one of your friends of various ethnic backgrounds if they can direct you to the wikipedia search page, then read all about black colleges.

bdoughty

Banned
Mr.Potato Head said:
You guys realize how much SHIT the gaming industry or a game developer would be in if they were to make a White College Football Experience videogame? :lol

I never understood some of the logic in this area..its ok for the black community to do what they want but the white community has to walk on egg shells.....or else!!! :lol

Im not racists..i have plenty of black, latino and asian friends, im half latino myself ..im just feel this aint right, thats all.

You do realize that Black College Football and colleges exist, right? Many have been around for quite some time. Where was the outrage the past hundred or so years?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
White College Football Experience = Racist

Black College Football Experience = Not Racist......

Tamanon

Banned
Mr.Potato Head said:

I never understood some of the logic in this area..its ok for the black community to do what they want but the white community has to walk on egg shells.....or else!!!

Im not racists..i have plenty of black, latino and asian friends, im half latino myself. i just feel this aint right, thats all.

Why do people insist on this inane method of justification still?

Do a little research on HBCs, and then you'll understand that the name is appropriate.

bdoughty said:
You do realize that Black College Football and colleges exist, right? Many have been around for quite some time. Where was the outrage the past hundred or so years?

Im well aware that there are black college schools... randy moss?

Anyways, i never felt right about that neither...

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Mr.Potato Head said:
Im well aware that there are black college schools... randy moss?

Anyways, i never felt right about that neither...

Marshall is not an historic black college. If so, then Jason Williams and Chad Pennington are black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom