• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black College Football Experience - announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdoughty

Banned
Mr.Potato Head said:
Im well aware that there are black college schools... randy moss?

Anyways, i never felt right about that neither...

He never went to an all black school. He signed with ND and ended up going to FSU where he was kicked off the team and went to Marshall.

But thanks for the continued ignorance.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Mr.Potato Head said:

Randy Moss is pretty black, but not enough to make Marshall a historic black college.

You should still read about what exactly a historic black college is. I doubt it's what you think/fear.

Tamanon

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
Marshall is not an historic black college. If so, then Jason Williams and Chad Pennington are black.

Also it would make the entire population of the US at one time black!

DenogginizerOS said:
Marshall is not an historic black college. If so, then Jason Williams and Chad Pennington are black.

ok fine your right but its mostly black now days.. so there, you right, feel good for the day lol Most all black colleges do have maybe one or two white guys in there somewhere

Anyways, my point is..its not right, bottom line..no school no videogame should be all black or all white...bottom line

jaypah

wow...this thread is going to be a clusterfuck. can't wait to see what ignorant ass is going to say something retarded.

edit-too late, :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Mr.Potato Head said:
ok fine your right but its mostly black now days.. so there, you right, feel good for the day lol Most all black colleges do have maybe one or two white guys in there somewhere

Anyways, my point is..its not right, bottom line..no school no videogame should be all black or all white...bottom line

Eh...no.

http://www.marshall.edu/

segarr

Mr.Potato Head said:

You do know these colleges exist because blacks were denied entry into the white colleges, right?

Threi

notag
well before i post my opinion let me say that i am black, and therefore my standings on this is not racially motivated in any way.

Seriously, get off that shit. Who gives a crap if you know black people or not. That doesn't make your opinion any more or less valid. Only blind ignorance of the subject at hand does that.

Z_Y

Mr.Potato Head said:

Randy Moss went to Notre Dame...Florida State...Marshall.

edit: beaten badly....but Marshall is mostly black? WTF?

bdoughty

Banned
Mr.Potato Head said:

Getting worse with every post - Go to Marshall's website

White folks ahoy

segarr said:
You do know these colleges exist because blacks were denied entry into the white colleges, right?

I know why..

Damn some of you guys are not seeing my point. I'll say it again

IF THERE WERE TO BE A ALL WHITE COLLGE FOOTBAL GAME, THE GAMING INDUSTRY OR THE GAME DEVELOPER WOULD BE IN A WORLD OF SHIT

YES OR NO?

DenogginizerOS

Mr.Potato Head said:
damn dude..i already said you were right... you feel like you have big balls being right? :lol

You win i lose.. happy?

Again, my point is... its not right :D

You said Marshall was mostly black "now days". That is incorrect. Calm down and educate yourself before you say something you will really regret.

levious

Mr.Potato Head said:
damn dude..i already said you were right... you feel like you have big balls being right? :lol

You win i lose.. happy?

Again, my point is... its not right :D

and I think everyone else's point is that you really have no idea what you're talking about.

Half of you are joking, half of you are using this opportunity to be funny in a not so funny way. And there's one name you should know, and that's Eddie Robinson, shame on you if you have to Wikipedia him.

Then again, it's to be expected when your only black college experience was "A Different World."

Tamanon

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
Anyone want to announce a White College Football Experience game? Or maybe a mod based off of their engine?

Nobody wants to play a game with only quarterbacks, kickers and offensive linemen.

levious

Mr.Potato Head said:
I know why..

Damn some of you guys are not seeing my point. I'll say it again

IF THERE WERE TO BE A ALL WHITE COLLGE FOOTBAL GAME, THE GAMING INDUSTRY OR THE GAME DEVELOPER WOULD BE IN A WORLD OF SHIT

YES OR NO?

your point is not relevant since this is not an ALL BLACK PEOPLE GAME, but rather a game focused on traditional black colleges. If you still don't get the difference then that's that.

Tamanon said:
Nobody wants to play a game with only quarterbacks, kickers and offensive linemen.

Reggie Roby will kick you in the nuts!

DenogginizerOS said:
You said Marshall was mostly black "now days". That is incorrect. Calm down and educate yourself before you say something you will really regret.

I said i was wrong..let it go, your worse then my girlfriend now...come on bro :lol

People are wrong sometime..let-it-go! You won :D

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Black colleges originally existed because of segregation, so to accuse them of racism now is really missing the point. Black college football is a huge part of the football culture in the South, though unfortunately the SWAC teams aren't very good at all anymore. But back in the 80s they regularly packed out stadiums in Memphis and Jackson and put lots of players into the NFL.

levious said:
your point is not relevant since this is not an ALL BLACK PEOPLE GAME, but rather a game focused on traditional black colleges. If you still don't get the difference then that's that.

Reggie Roby will kick you in the nuts!

fine.. to each is own, you got your opinino, im got mine..

all i know is shit would hit the fan if this game was made the other way around, bottom line.

DenogginizerOS

I'm waiting for Mr. Potato Head to say that the plane crash that killed almost the entire football team was so that Marshall could have more black players. It was RACIST like Ken Stabler throwing to a triple covered Todd Christensen.

f3niks

I understand the point of this game, but I'm not sure that having it in a game specifically devoted to the HBCU(Historically black college/university) experience would sale or is even wanted. EA actually appeared to be paying some fan service to a lot of the smaller school and even the HBCUs in a few of the last gen NCAA games.

Also
Indifferent2.gif
at some of the ignorance in this thread.

DenogginizerOS said:
I'm waiting for Mr. Potato Head to say that the plane crash that killed almost the entire football team was so that Marshall could have more black players. It was RACIST like Ken Stabler throwing to a triple covered Todd Christensen.

hahahaha..see you are like my girlfriend, you keep carrying on about it :lol :lol :lol

levious

Mr.Potato Head said:
fine.. to each is own, you got your opinino, im got mine..

all i know is shit would hit the fan if this game was made the other way around, bottom line.

but you can't make it the other way around... you really don't know anything about historic black colleges do you? Just stop.

X26

Banned
The logo resembes BET's

cross promotion? Maybe you can play with the Parkers on your d-line

Tamanon

Banned
People just need to understand it's not Black College Xperience, it's Black College Xperience.

I might think of picking this up just for the halftime and sideline stuff, and I'm the whitest guy in the world.

bdoughty

Banned
levious said:
but you can't make it the other way around... you really don't know anything about historic black colleges do you? Just stop.

Something tells me that he would equate Jim Crow to a character from Heckle and Jeckle.

I will bite on the $39.99 version of it looks good. I like football and care less what color is under the helmet.

mepaco

f3niks said:
I understand the point of this game, but I'm not sure that having it in a game specifically devoted to the HBCU(Historically black college/university) experience would sale or is even wanted. EA actually appeared to be paying some fan service to a lot of the smaller school and even the HBCUs in a few of the last gen NCAA games.

Also
Indifferent2.gif
at some of the ignorance in this thread.

Thats kind of what I was wondering. Is there really that much of a market for this? What does it have that current football games do not? I usually play as my alma mater when I play a college game (even though we suck) but it wouldn't stop me from buying it if we weren't included. I'd buy the better game.

M3wThr33

Banned
levious said:

HBCU = Historically Black College/University
That means that they were founded before Brown v. Board of Education and they were ONLY for black people. Now they aren't all black, but mostly black. But they choose to still associate themselves with that history. White-only colleges don't.

Did I miss anything?

Edit: I googled what it was between this post and my last post. I still think it's dangerous to market it as a good majority of us had/have no clue about this outside of the areas with these schools.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
WasabiKing said:
Then again, it's to be expected when your only black college experience was "A Different World."

rofl

I for one...want to play this game if it doesn't become vaporware/lost in the bargain bin (which unfortunately/well not so unfortunately plagues much of indie black entertainment).

and to the post above, Ivy League schools (zing)?

bluemax

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Will you be able to create white players with the player creation engine?

Yes, but they can only be kickers and punters.

I was watching some BCF on CSTV the other day and the only white dude I saw was the place kicker. Honestly though CSTV has nothing on BET when it comes to presentation for BCF.

bdoughty said:
and fullbacks...

And Tight Ends.

I make it a point to be a pessimist as often as possible. Still, even I am surprised and saddened to learn that--judging by this thread--most of GAF is too fucking ignorant to know what the HBCs are.

I'm not exactly thrilled about a game that's announced three weeks before its season of release, though.

levious

M3wThr33 said:
HBCU = Historically Black College/University
That means that they were founded before Brown v. Board of Education and they were ONLY for black people. Now they aren't all black, but mostly black. But they choose to still associate themselves with that history. White-only colleges don't.

You see the association with that history as a negative? These institutions provided an educational opportunity to blacks when there were no other options... and you see that as something they shouldn't be proud of?

M3wThr33 said:
Did I miss anything?

the point, apparently.

M3wThr33

Banned
I'm not a big sports fan. I've lived on the west coast all my life. I'm white.

Where was the opportunity to learn about this culture of these South-East schools on the clear other side of the country?

Edit:
No. I mean, I obviously understand WHY they are proud of it. I mean, they were schools founded against the odds. Basically it was their way of showing that black people could achieve just as much as anyone. But I didn't know until today that the culture still persisted.

bdoughty

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
I'm not a big sports fan. I've lived on the west coast all my life. I'm white.

Where was the opportunity to learn about this culture of these South-East schools on the clear other side of the country?

Library, TV, School?

Do they not have BET out West where you live? Or do you never watch it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom