• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert Character Creator Thread (it's free!)

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
there are a lot of great characters in this thread :D

not made by me!:
2015-09-10_1007589859.thumb.JPG.cd4fc31626d6255dde453b863cb9a919.JPG

hayley-williams-paramore-dd77279f7d325eec933f05b1672f6a1f-large-1116.thumb.jpg.5e61ca19dbacce57cd290fc67e0b8254.jpg

also here is a
how to megan fox

Spazznid

Nice submissions here!

Here's my character, and her transformations from the Korean Open Beta a while back.

As you can see she became more and more like Molly Ringwald

So for the NA/EU release, here are some of my creations!

Molly Ringwald

Rashida Jones Attempt 1

Rashida Jones Attempt 2
Much better I think.

Harleen Quinzel
Terrible, IMO

Tamer

Black Valk

Black Sorc

My character from NA CB1

Redesign

Spazznid

I was making a pretty black lady, but the server disconnected, and I lost everything. :/

Black characters are where it's at, IMO.

You will see a LOT of white, and paperwhite characters, mostly because that is easiest and mostly default, so a good looking black character, or even a dark skinned character will definitely stick out from the crowd.

Dice//

Banned
Black characters are where it's at, IMO.

You will see a LOT of white, and paperwhite characters, mostly because that is easiest and mostly default, so a good looking black character, or even a dark skinned character will definitely stick out from the crowd.

I'm actually really impressed as far as the skin colours go. The black skin looks like legit black skin, not the nasty "brown paint" or beige coffee-dipped colour you kinda get in some CCs.

MikeDown

Banned
i'm all tired out for right now, this are the best I was able to come up with today
QT9sgpy.jpg

nmhnKjK.jpg

mdALLz7.jpg

XxgNRnY.jpg

are you starting to see any patterns in my characters?

Dice//

Banned
Is it just me or is it hard/impossible to just make straight brown eyes.
(so much for my compliment a few posts up)

Lyon

Yeah eye colour isn't as simple as it should be, they are all super bright. The trick I've found is to make the pupil the closest brown you can find, make it as saturated as possible and then chose a mottled pattern on the outer ring, make that black and fill over the Iris, I think there is a good one second to last. It's not perfect but it gives a dark brown effect, also make sure your pupil is dark black with little to no transparency.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
They need to sell their CC engine to a certain kind of game genre .
image.php

"Certain kind"

i'm all tired out for right now, this are the best I was able to come up with today
QT9sgpy.jpg
This one is really good, probably one of the best in the thread, nice job.

It seems to be. More subdued blonde hair is also hard to get. It's always more on the platinum blonde side.

Hastati

My favorite character creator thus far. I also hope to see a myriad of colors and races, been playing Blade and Soul and so far have seen a surprising amount of variety over there.

I hope we get even more options for hair in the future, it was cool being able to mold it a little and apply all sorts of layers of color.

They should license this out to other developers using Cryengine 3....like for Star Citizen.

docbon

Bowie as Jareth the Goblin King from Labyrinth, I'm kinda satisfied with how he turned out. It's weirdly very difficult to get a hair color I actually want in this editor.

Looks a bit like Leonard Nimoy though. :)

Yoooooo. That came out really good.

I would love to try the character creator out but it seems to have a huge issue with my laptop. The game defaults to the integrated graphics so when i go into nvidia control panel and change it to the nvidia video card and boot the game up it eats up an ass ton of ram. It just keeps duplicating more processes of the program and causes it to use so much ram it restarts the computer.

Spazznid

God I'll cross my fingers for the game to have more PvE substance at one point. It really is gorgeous.

I mean, if you consider all of the sandbox content such as trading, breeding, and the fact that 3 entire regions, all the size of, if not bigger than the initial region, are yet to be released in Korea, and the fact that just exploring and setting up routes can be fun, then I feel the game has plenty of PvE Content.

But I understand if that type of PvE content isn't what you're looking for, and you mainly want more traditional stuff. But the additional Regions should at least add to that, and the fact that Korea is already 3 Regions in means we're going to hopefully get a good steady feed of updates.

Some of my creations just randomly moving sliders. This tool is pretty good though it could use more options on the hair and make up.

I feel like there needs to be a lot of skin changes and additions, maybe a slider rather than a limited template, and the hair colors are in need of more color options, which they DID add to the NA version, so I suppose it's possible if we make enough noise on the forums or something.

Top Bottom