• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert console cross-play update launches March 4

CAB_Life

Now ESO, DCUO, FFXIV (soon, whenever it comes out on Xbone) and all the rest. No reason not to have cross-play on every title that can support it.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Why not cross play between consoles and pc? There's not exactly big benefits by using keyboard and mouse VS controller in this type of game.

Too bad you get like 140fps on PC and get an incredibly low draw distance and and a shit ton of pop-in that's covered up by shit tons amounts of Depth of Field making the game look nowhere near as good as the screenshots and YouTube videos people post.

That's if you disable Depth of Field but it still doesn't look anywhere near as good as the screens and videos people post. DOF covers it up but it still looks like shit. It's like taking away the fog effect we had in most open world and games with large levels like Battlefield 2142 in the 00's and replacing it with DOF.

Last edited:
I’d like to see this happen more often than with multiplayer games, especially MMO types or anything PvE/co-op related.

I know it’s a contentious subject for some. I think it’s a good thing I the long run but that’s just my opinion

Too bad you get like 140fps on PC and get an incredibly low draw distance and and a shit ton of pop-in that's covered up by shit tons amounts of Depth of Field making the game look nowhere near as good as the screenshots and YouTube videos people post.

That's if you disable Depth of Field but it still doesn't look anywhere near as good as the screens and videos people post. DOF covers it up but it still looks like shit. It's like taking away the fog effect we had in most open world and games with large levels like Battlefield 2142 in the 00's and replace it with DOF.

i might be interpreting this incorrectly but are you saying the console versions have better draw distance/less pop in?

I don't even know why anybody would play these cheap Korean MMORPG's. Especially if you've ever played a high budget western MMORPG(ESO, World of Warcraft, Guild wars). Korean MMORPG's are low budget, pay2win, and lack extensive lore/backstory in comparison.

Guild Wars 1 had more lore on release then Bless, Riders of Icrurus, and BDO combined when those games released. Hell, ArenaNet gave you a small book to get some back story on the world with your copy of Guild Wars. Even a timeline with shit that didn't even matter in the main stories in GW1 and 2.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

This game is so beautiful.
Why its online only, WHYYYY

If was a single player game with a campaign with those stylish chars, i would buy on day ZERO.

Im not graphics whore, no offense, and the moves and classes are superb!

I called beautiful because of the moves effects, game in general. I think it is great!

Top Bottom