• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert Online |OT| Come on in, the sand's fine [Mediah Update]

Mephala

Finished my free trial, warmed up the game a bit more, but honestly more because of the node and life skill stuff. The combat is fun, but feels too easy so far and I still feel TERA's combat has the edge on it. That said the Wizard's spells are up there with Dragon's Dogma in making you feel like a badass. I think I'll hold off on buying it until the anniversary in case it goes on sale, I'd prefer to wait a month and pick up the 50 option for 25 than grab the 10 version now

I'm not sure what it was about the Tera combat that I didn't enjoy. Maybe it was the button combinations. I went in with high expectations coming from Vindictus which I really enjoyed but was ultimately left disappointed.

I had the same complaints about difficulty for BDO when I started and I don't really feel this way now. At least not in the same way. At the moment, for me at least, mobs can quite easily overwhelm me and I need to pay a lot more attention when I venture into Mediah and beyond. In fact, going to these places to explore is fantastic because the enemies, even if white or pink is a lot more threatening and numerous than the early areas. That said... It seems to be the concensus that Witch and Wizard are currently the best PvE. They are ridiculously strong when they awaken and not to be scoffed at before that either. I don't have a wizard but seeing Grim clear mobs at Elrics Shrine last night I believe it.

Currently, for me I am a little uncertain about the game at this point. I guess I'm going to pursue life skills a bit more because frankly outside of scrolls I don't really enjoy boss fights. Scrolls are far better experiences for me because they are scaled to smaller parties. World bosses are nigh unplayable for me. Even with effects turned low it is a struggle. You need to read the boss' tells to avoid their dangerous attacks but the amount of players makes my game lag so badly that it is just unfun. The input delay, the teleporting, the rubbanding and so on. The fact that in some fights i spend more time running to the boss from nearest node than fighting the boss is stupid. I also want to gem my characters so they perform better but deaths are inevitable given my situation so I end up losing my gems. I mean, I could sit back and spam ranged attacks but that is incredibly shit and boring.
This isn't a knock on the game though. It is something that happens in most MMOs I've played. The fact that I still have scrolls and life skills to work on is already a great thing that BDO has on other games.

So I was looking for a really good character creator and this shows up on google. Looks super impressive! Have to buy the game though :/ I just wanted to make characters.

edit wait there's a free trial! Nice.

Mephala

So I was looking for a really good character creator and this shows up on google. Looks super impressive! Have to buy the game though :/ I just wanted to make characters.

edit wait there's a free trial! Nice.

I remember pre-release there was a CC tool for those interested to play around with. Might still be able to find it online if you don't want to go and download the whole 55GB thing.

Uthred

I'm not sure what it was about the Tera combat that I didn't enjoy. Maybe it was the button combinations. I went in with high expectations coming from Vindictus which I really enjoyed but was ultimately left disappointed.

It's admittedly been a few years since I've played TERA but I recall it being the first MMO where the combat felt fun to me in the same way an action games combat feels fun. Might boot it up and see if it holds up.

I remember pre-release there was a CC tool for those interested to play around with. Might still be able to find it online if you don't want to go and download the whole 55GB thing.

Unfortunately they discontinued service on the standalone character creator.

Ianan

Hey guys, wanted to give this a go. Does anyone have a spare guest pass going?
I know there's a trial but wanted to use an account I already made which isn't eligible for the trial!

Finally coming back to the game after quitting for quite a while last year. I'm glad to see several issues I left the game for have been changed, and glad to see how much easier it is to catch up now. I came back with a grand total of 70 million silver from whatever the fame rewards thing is plus selling tons of drops I was hoarding that aren't useful anymore. Returner bonuses are pretty nice

I still hate the enchantment system but I'll probably get past that by just using silver for all my gearing

And speaking of gearing, I have no clue what the gear progression is now. My main is still a Sorcerer, lvl 51 right now. My weapon is a +15 Yuria Amulet of Crimson Flame mainhand, +7 Jubre Talisman offhand, and my armor is a mismatch of Bares, Agerian, and Grunil. Seeing people say 200 AP and 200 DP is baseline for a fresh 50 and I have half of that

Vyrance

Guild Boss Scrolls this Tuesday at 9pm EST guys. Hopefully we get a decent turnout! If not, we can always try out a Saturday or Sunday again.

Hubb

Finally coming back to the game after quitting for quite a while last year. I'm glad to see several issues I left the game for have been changed, and glad to see how much easier it is to catch up now. I came back with a grand total of 70 million silver from whatever the fame rewards thing is plus selling tons of drops I was hoarding that aren't useful anymore. Returner bonuses are pretty nice

I still hate the enchantment system but I'll probably get past that by just using silver for all my gearing

And speaking of gearing, I have no clue what the gear progression is now. My main is still a Sorcerer, lvl 51 right now. My weapon is a +15 Yuria Amulet of Crimson Flame mainhand, +7 Jubre Talisman offhand, and my armor is a mismatch of Bares, Agerian, and Grunil. Seeing people say 200 AP and 200 DP is baseline for a fresh 50 and I have half of that

200AP and 200DP is nowhere near baseline for a fresh 50. 200DP isn't so hard to get, but 200AP is a good chunk of AP.

Your best bet is probably get your yuria weapon to pri since that is pretty easy. From there buy/get a liverto and slowly level that to tri while you level/farm with the yuria. Ideally for armor you want boss armor, until then I'd go for either Heve or Grunil.

Mephala

That is pretty good news I think. Hopefully we get content a bit faster as well! Still waiting for Dark Knight!

I think gear progression is odd in this game. It is kind of simple yet not. On the basic level you're always trying to increase AP/DP but when to change armor pieces is a bit trickier to work out. For what its worth my maehwa hit 56 with about 85/75. It was a bit of a struggle and I couldn't clear enemies crazily but at the same time it was thrilling to go in toe to toe with enemies that could ruin my day so quickly. I am still 56 and have since pumped my stats up to 120/160. This feels a bit more reasonable, particularly for world bosses and elite mobs. I can still die if I'm careless in Mediah. Haven't even gone into the desert yet! The trick seems to be to know what you can handle and either group or run from stuff that you can't.

My Kunoichi is about to hit 52 I think. She has 50/90. The burst on her is good enough to carry me at least another level or two before I need to up the AP I think.

My Sorcess is uselss but I think that is because I don't know what I'm doing with her.

I say just work with what you have and try to improve. For my maehwa maintaining 5 attack speed felt more important than AP as it was the difference between being able to combo and get out or forced to break combo before most of my damage is dealt.

200AP and 200DP is nowhere near baseline for a fresh 50. 200DP isn't so hard to get, but 200AP is a good chunk of AP.

Your best bet is probably get your yuria weapon to pri since that is pretty easy. From there buy/get a liverto and slowly level that to tri while you level/farm with the yuria. Ideally for armor you want boss armor, until then I'd go for either Heve or Grunil.

I think gear progression is odd in this game. It is kind of simple yet not. On the basic level you're always trying to increase AP/DP but when to change armor pieces is a bit trickier to work out. For what its worth my maehwa hit 56 with about 85/75. It was a bit of a struggle and I couldn't clear enemies crazily but at the same time it was thrilling to go in toe to toe with enemies that could ruin my day so quickly. I am still 56 and have since pumped my stats up to 120/160. This feels a bit more reasonable, particularly for world bosses and elite mobs. I can still die if I'm careless in Mediah. Haven't even gone into the desert yet! The trick seems to be to know what you can handle and either group or run from stuff that you can't.

My Kunoichi is about to hit 52 I think. She has 50/90. The burst on her is good enough to carry me at least another level or two before I need to up the AP I think.

My Sorcess is uselss but I think that is because I don't know what I'm doing with her.

I say just work with what you have and try to improve. For my maehwa maintaining 5 attack speed felt more important than AP as it was the difference between being able to combo and get out or forced to break combo before most of my damage is dealt.

I grinded my ass off over the weekend and I hit 56 on my Sorcerer and got my Awakening weapon too. Current gear is Yuria Amulet of Crimson Flame +15, Helrick Talisman +15, Scythe of Seduction +7, full Grunil armor (+5 Head, +6 Chest, +11 Hands, +10 Feet), accessories are Ridell Earring, Witch's Earring, Ring of Crescent Guardian, DUO: Ring of Good Deeds, Serap's Necklace, Basilisk's Belt, and my AP/Awakening AP/DP is 108/73/87.

On upgrades. I originally quit the game for a few reasons and the upgrade system and failstack system was one of them. I hate how failing an upgrade makes your max durability drop. I'm fine being dependent on RNG, but not only do I have to find ways to get blackstones/ buy blackstones with silver, I have to then repair it by buying that same item several times or get farm memory fragments. Last time I played, you had to collect 5 ancient relic crystal shards to get a boss scroll that drops memory fragments. I just do not like this mechanic and hope that buying all my gear will be an ok alternative.

I also do not remember how exactly the upgrade system works. I know about going to +15 and higher but after that, I'm lost at what exactly the DUO or PRI stuff stands for. I do notice the icons for those have roman numerals indicating a 1, 2, and 3, and assume 1 is the lowest of those upgrades and 3 is the highest. Also some stuff about how to upgrade weapon to a new rarity or add a suffix, I really don't remember how this stuff went. I just remember being fed up with the upgrade system RNG and max durability punishment.

I just want to get better gear without running into the same issues with getting fed up with the upgrade system, because it's why I got so burnt out the last time I played, and I'm really enjoying the rest of it again and don't want to have it be the reason I stop again.

Chasing best gear is an expensive and frustrating endeavor. Just chase for good enough which is way more feasible. If you plan to PVP you need the best, if you plan to PVE you just need good enough.

It's not too hard to make money, so you can save up and buy something decent for 100mil and that can get you by for awhile. I don't bother with the upgrade system since it requires a lot of time and money investment which can be better spent doing other things.

Upgrades for gear go like this.

+1 -> +15 -> PRI, DUO, TRI, TET, PEN. High upgrades eventually need shards instead of black stones which just up the money costs and whatnot.

It's just way easier to ignore upgrading and just buy stuff. The money used to upgrade can be spent on just buying already upgraded stuff.

Chasing best gear is an expensive and frustrating endeavor. Just chase for good enough which is way more feasible. If you plan to PVP you need the best, if you plan to PVE you just need good enough.

It's not too hard to make money, so you can save up and buy something decent for 100mil and that can get you by for awhile. I don't bother with the upgrade system since it requires a lot of time and money investment which can be better spent doing other things.

Upgrades for gear go like this.

+1 -> +15 -> PRI, DUO, TRI, TET, PEN. High upgrades eventually need shards instead of black stones which just up the money costs and whatnot.

It's just way easier to ignore upgrading and just buy stuff. The money used to upgrade can be spent on just buying already upgraded stuff.

What would you recommend to get started on getting silver? So far I've just been getting some silver from grinding to 56 from mob drops, but all I have are two pets so looting takes a long time when I'm murdering entire packs of enemies in seconds. I know about AFK fishing, and I hear people make alot with workers but I haven't done much with workers yet. I'm wondering how people make millions from grinding mobs when I get maybe 1-2 million from 1-2 hours at a grind spot for the day

Mephala

You're further than me and I have higher AP than you on Sorceress. I suspect I just suck with her. What skills are you using on her?

What would you recommend to get started on getting silver? So far I've just been getting some silver from grinding to 56 from mob drops, but all I have are two pets so looting takes a long time when I'm murdering entire packs of enemies in seconds. I know about AFK fishing, and I hear people make alot with workers but I haven't done much with workers yet. I'm wondering how people make millions from grinding mobs when I get maybe 1-2 million from 1-2 hours at a grind spot for the day

I get about 1.8 to 2.5m from a single afk fishing run from Velia and selling at Splashing Point Imperial Fisher and Trader.

For nodes. I've been collecting and selling Chicken, Eggs, Savage Dust or whatever it is called (Lynch Ruins node), Cooking Honey and pretty much anything I have in excess.

Buying gear is very viable. In fact, I'm waiting for more pieces of +15 grunil so I can complete my set then move on from there. The problem here is that you are at mercy of sellers. Sometimes the piece you need just isn't available even if you have all the cash.

Speaking of buying vs upgrading. I have been fishing and earning relic shards which form the scrolls for bosses and grind for Memory Fragments. Shards can be sold for some quick pennies but I've been stacking some scrolls and running them once in a while. I have no time to run 10x group of 5s so I don't join groups. I simply go out there and solo them if no guild or friends want to join. A relic is about 700k each but you get more if you sell the memory fragments.

I'm currently working towards sunflower trading but I need more CP. I would advise taking your time. I found once I hit 56 I really needed stronger gear to grind effectively. This meant I needed income. Since I power leveled to 56 I missed a lot of stuff. I've been going back and doing a bit in my spare time or taking them up on alts.

I also have the pet and loot pickup problem. I can't quite kill fast enough either but even when i can, picking up loot because I only have 1 pet is really irritating. I keep bidding in the market but RNG isn't favouring me for pets lately.

It is more efficient to grind at lower levels if you can clear faster and get loot easily. If you can be bothered, an alt for world bosses also works. I've been selling drops and it is a great source of hunter seals which go towards armor/weapon stones which you can also sell if you strictly want to buy.

I don't think earning is too hard, a little time consuming at first but I suspect it just picks up more and more as you play. The problem is where you should invest to make the most out of it I guess.

If you can, join some Sausan groups. Assuming they have fast kills and 4 pets you will fill your inventory very quick. Dump in wagon and keep going.

There is so much I have planned to do and so much more I want to do later. I need to force myself to focus a little bit because I get so distracted with everything...

Hubb

What is your CP and are you able to afk fish/process? Making money with workers isn't a quick cash in, but you can make a lot of money over time if you set up your nodes/have a decent amount of CP. All my money is made through workers and lifeskills. Workers are all passive money, lifeskills are semiactive (afk processing/cooking/alchemy, active would be gathering meat/blood).

People over inflate how much they make grinding, or they take into account trading in items far away without taking into account the time they spend trading those items in. I'm Level 57 with around 200AP and I make about 5mil an hour +/- depending on rare drops. Making more money grinding just comes down to having pets that can keep up with you, weight limit increases so you spend less time unloading, and being able to grind in areas that bring in the most money.

As far as buying items are concerned, I somewhat agree with what others said and somewhat disagree. Buying a +15 item is going to be cheaper than upgrading it 99% of the time. Getting a +15 item to Pri is going to be cheaper than buying a Pri 99% of the time (even getting something to Duo will be cheaper than buying a Duo unless you are REALLY unlucky or aren't properly failstacking).

What is your CP and are you able to afk fish/process? Making money with workers isn't a quick cash in, but you can make a lot of money over time if you set up your nodes/have a decent amount of CP. All my money is made through workers and lifeskills. Workers are all passive money, lifeskills are semiactive (afk processing/cooking/alchemy, active would be gathering meat/blood).

People over inflate how much they make grinding, or they take into account trading in items far away without taking into account the time they spend trading those items in. I'm Level 57 with around 200AP and I make about 5mil an hour +/- depending on rare drops. Making more money grinding just comes down to having pets that can keep up with you, weight limit increases so you spend less time unloading, and being able to grind in areas that bring in the most money.

As far as buying items are concerned, I somewhat agree with what others said and somewhat disagree. Buying a +15 item is going to be cheaper than upgrading it 99% of the time. Getting a +15 item to Pri is going to be cheaper than buying a Pri 99% of the time (even getting something to Duo will be cheaper than buying a Duo unless you are REALLY unlucky or aren't properly failstacking).

I don't remember much about processing. I can set up AFK fishing if needed, though I did some last night (fishing at Altinova, sold at Velia) and didn't make as much as I remember I used to make. My CP is 90 right now but i'm getting more little by little with quests

Hubb

I don't remember much about processing. I can set up AFK fishing if needed, though I did some last night (fishing at Altinova, sold at Velia) and didn't make as much as I remember I used to make. My CP is 90 right now but i'm getting more little by little with quests

Is Altinova connected to Velia for you and are you selling the blue/yellow fish to the imperial trader?

How much of that 90 CP are you using/how much is free and do you have any workers doing anything?

If you are looking for a long term goal, and depending on what you are comfortable/able to do my biggest reccomendation is to start having workers collecting all the grain they can (wheat, potatoes, corn). Taking all that grain and start making beer and keeping all the extra dishes that you can turn in for certain bonuses/money. One of them is "dish with poorly prepared ingredients" and you can turn them in for CP exp. Beer is a great way to level cooking and "dish with poorly prepared ingredients" is the best way to level CP imo.

I get not everyone wants to afk cook, but it is rather easy for me to remote desktop in at work or set it up while I am cooking dinner/playing another game/whatever else.

If you are looking for quicker cash you could set up a bunch of farms with your 90CP and harvest haystacks/chicken once or twice a day and sell all the extra "haystacks" you get. You don't make a ton doing this, but it is probably the least active activity. The main draw back to this is you really don't get anything long term off this. There are other ways to invest your CP, but they take awhile to get you money.

Is Altinova connected to Velia for you and are you selling the blue/yellow fish to the imperial trader?

How much of that 90 CP are you using/how much is free and do you have any workers doing anything?

If you are looking for a long term goal, and depending on what you are comfortable/able to do my biggest reccomendation is to start having workers collecting all the grain they can (wheat, potatoes, corn). Taking all that grain and start making beer and keeping all the extra dishes that you can turn in for certain bonuses/money. One of them is "dish with poorly prepared ingredients" and you can turn them in for CP exp. Beer is a great way to level cooking and "dish with poorly prepared ingredients" is the best way to level CP imo.

I get not everyone wants to afk cook, but it is rather easy for me to remote desktop in at work or set it up while I am cooking dinner/playing another game/whatever else.

If you are looking for quicker cash you could set up a bunch of farms with your 90CP and harvest haystacks/chicken once or twice a day and sell all the extra "haystacks" you get. You don't make a ton doing this, but it is probably the least active activity. The main draw back to this is you really don't get anything long term off this. There are other ways to invest your CP, but they take awhile to get you money.

I've used most of it on connecting Altinova to Heidel and Velia, lodging at Altinova and Heidel, and nodes with stuff like ores and wheat (ores seem like that would make some money, and wheat for beer)

Hubb

I've used most of it on connecting Altinova to Heidel and Velia, lodging at Altinova and Heidel, and nodes with stuff like ores and wheat (ores seem like that would make some money, and wheat for beer)

Ore itself isn't all that profitable, make sure the ore nodes you have also have 2nd rare drops. The Zinc node by Altinova gives platinum which is a good money maker. It'll be tough to do too much with 90CP, you don't really need to connect Velia to Altinova for ask fishing. I afk fish at Northwestern gateway and just sell the blue/yellow fish to the imperial traded in Velia and use the green fish for cooking.

apav

Hi guys,

Tried this game out and I loved it! But I saw it was recently on sale for 50% off so I'm kicking myself for not finding out sooner and getting the explorer's package. Do you think all game packages will be 50% off again during the anniversary sale?

I did my research and this game certainly looks pay for convenience (as in convenience items really help a lot). I definitely want to get the explorer's package as it's most likely cheaper than spending $10 for the game and buying everything else individually off the cash shop. Maybe that will change with the anniversary sale.

zulux21

*sighs at the daily log in thing*
I know I didn't miss a day... but alas you won't let me collect the last day today that started on the 15th that would be the 35th day :(

Hubb

Hi guys,

Tried this game out and I loved it! But I saw it was recently on sale for 50% off so I'm kicking myself for not finding out sooner and getting the explorer's package. Do you think all game packages will be 50% off again during the anniversary sale?

I did my research and this game certainly looks pay for convenience (as in convenience items really help a lot). I definitely want to get the explorer's package as it's most likely cheaper than spending $10 for the game and buying everything else individually off the cash shop. Maybe that will change with the anniversary sale.

Yeah the anniversary sale will most likely have the packages and pearl shop items on sale again. They said they had something really big planned for their anniversary so I'd expect a sale at the very least.

Mithos

Everyone has the same problem. Annoying!

I don't (sorry for how that's sounds) BUT...

I've played this game since day 1 and people still seems confused about the event schedules.
On the day of a maintenance if that coincide with a last day of event, you have to take your reward out before the server go down for maintenance, because after the maintenance the event is no more.

Mephala

Just dumped my silver trying to bring my Maehwa's spear up to 15 then PRI but I kept failing at 13->14. So sad. I've got stacks at 20+ but no durability left and can't afford another spear. Any ways. To distract myself from my various misfortunes I've been buying random food items for the house. I can see this becoming an addiction already and I've already begun snooping for a better house to pretty up. This is going to be like Animal Crossing all over again.

I've also been spending a lot of time on different characters. My Sorceress felt really weak so I looked up a guide and it turns out I wasn't really using the right skills. It is odd that so may skills just aren't that useful. It makes me wonder if I should consult a guide for my other characters, especially my warrior whom I find difficult to judge whether I'm actually effective... Then again, he only ever fights Karz, Mudster and Serendia Shrine priests so its hard to judge from those alone I suppose. Any ways, now that I know what I'm doing a bit on my Sorceress I'm really enjoying her and am considering taking her to 56 for that sexy scythe! She is my only character that random people compliment for appearance and not just for being an awesome food. Makes me a little jealous for my Avo main. I put her design up on the beauty shop and scored some downloads.
wndt7pE.png

I was going for a creepy vampire look

I have so much more everything invested into Avo but Eggs is just so much more fun right now. Help.

Hubb

Failstacks are a blessing in disguise. They hurt now, but you'll want them later. Assuming you have something to use in the meantime, spread those failstacks across as many characters as possible.

Mephala

Failstacks are a blessing in disguise. They hurt now, but you'll want them later. Assuming you have something to use in the meantime, spread those failstacks across as many characters as possible.

I guess I don't know what is a good number of stacks to try for different things. What should I be using to enhance my witch earrings for instance? 15? 20? 30? What my taking my bow up to PRI? O_O

I feel like I'm just throwing silver at the problem and in hindsight it is such a waste.

Any ways.

Went to Rednose on Eggs, messing around with my Sorceress. A warrior was out of pots and had no silver on him. Since RN one shots me any way I gave him my stack of pots. Didn't get anything interesting from RN but someone shouts another server. Jumped over there and got that one too, scored Red Nose rags I mean armor. :D

Edit. That fishing party

Hubb

I guess I don't know what is a good number of stacks to try for different things. What should I be using to enhance my witch earrings for instance? 15? 20? 30? What my taking my bow up to PRI? O_O

I feel like I'm just throwing silver at the problem and in hindsight it is such a waste.

Witches/Mark of Shadow I would pri at 15 and duo at 20-25 (though have a back up/cron stones before you duo). 15-18 are good for pri'ing any weapon/offhand.

RNG can suck though, so those numbers aren't always going to work. I have made a lot of pri accessories and the "mid tier" one's (witches/marks/tree) go through more times than not at 15-18.

Hubb

13->14 and 14->15 are much harder than pri'ing and in some cases duo'ing weapons/armor.

Generally when I am looking to build failstacks I get something that I can craft with just worker gathered materials that also will sell when I get it enhanced all the way. Light Iron Horseshoes are great for this, and if you need horse armor the armor you can get for free by trading in worker's tokens works too.

I enhance the light iron horseshoes till I get 10 failstacks on a character, switch and get my next character to 10, repeat until all my characters have 10. Then I try to get them all to 15. Once I get to 15 on as many characters as possible I switch to leveling a liverto for my boss alt and try to get every character to 20. So on and so on until I get to the point where I am ready to enhance w/e I am trying to enhance.

The other way to do this is make an alt a negative karma alt and get some armor/weapons to +14. Use that armor and weapon to failstack until it hits +15. Give that armor/weapons to your negative karma alt and let the guards kill you. That will delevel your armor/weapons to +14 and then repeat failstacking.

I've been really lazy will my negative karma alt so I just failstack on stuff I can craft and sell. It is probably smarter/cheaper to do the negative karma thing.

Ploid 3.0

Quick question, in you guys opinion is getting those higher price ranges worth or rather essential to enjoying the game or is the base entry price good enough. I don't know what most of those bonuses are so I can't see what use they would be to me.

It seems like you have around 5 character slots going by the trial, so any of the higher end package items increase the character slots?

The Inventory Expansion Coupon seems to be the only thing I see any value in, not knowing anything about how the game works. Apparently the pet of choice is a pretty required thing as I listen to this youtube video of why some guy returned to the game. Black Desert Online - Why I'm Playing Again In 2017

I'd probably worry about those things, or not, as I play MMOs very casually, though if the inventory is crazy restrictive I'd get it, but I'd have to like the game first, in which I'd be glad to invest.

Edit: Found some answers, seem solid enough and I'll post here in case someone else like me wants to know. I may just stick to entry price, and maybe collect enough to buy those Value Package items in game if possible.

TRAVELER'S
PACKAGE

3 Housing Décor Coupons = Good for life skills, mainly the bed. 200= 1k pearl

3 Unknown Dye Boxes = not really that useful since value pack covers dyeing. 120 pearl

Appearance Change Coupon = not really that useful since value pack covers appearance change, and you can do it infinitely for the whole duration of the value pack. 800 pearl

Inventory Expansion Coupon +4 = This ones alright, actually of all suggested stuff to buy from cash shop, this is a highly recommended. 450 pearl

Steel Toolset Package = Not really that useful since you can just make/buy it off the market cheaper, but its good starting tools.

1 Value Package (30days) = The customization ability you get from this is rediculously amazing; for character its permanent when the pack is done, but for dyes, the dyed gear goes back to vanilla color. Also this is worth more than 10 dollars. 1.5k Pearl

5 Elion's Blessing = Not really useful, only PKers need this. 250 Pearl

10 Bleach = Only useful if you dye your gear with normal dye, not via value pack. 500 Pearl

So thats 4620 Pearl = 46 dollars.

Edit2:

What happens to the extra storage and inventory slots after the Value Pack expires?

The extra slots will become locked, and items still in those slots cannot be used until you take them out of the locked slots. You will not lose any items if you accidentally leave them in these slots, but they will simply be locked out until you move them.

What the? Inventory slots from the Value Pack expire? Haha, the $9 version seems to be the only option for me then, screw that.

Hubb

What the? Inventory slots from the Value Pack expire? Haha, the $9 version seems to be the only option for me then, screw that.

Value pack is like a subscription so when it runs out you lose the benefits, including the inventory slots.

Honestly that thing you found is out of date, and at this point I would just do a 7 day trial. On March 3rd they will have their 1 year anniversary and they "should" have a sale then. At that point all the packages including the $10 one will be 50% off.

I don't think any of the packages are worth it except for the $50 one when it is 50% off.

Mephala

Quick question, in you guys opinion is getting those higher price ranges worth or rather essential to enjoying the game or is the base entry price good enough. I don't know what most of those bonuses are so I can't see what use they would be to me.

It seems like you have around 5 character slots going by the trial, so any of the higher end package items increase the character slots?

Every day you get rewarded 100 loyalty for logging in and playing a bit. Extra character slot costs 5000 from the loyalty shop from memory. So essentially you can unlock it for free but it is pretty rough juggling so many characters, I have 1 main + 5 for doing odd stuff like daily, boss etc.

The Inventory Expansion Coupon seems to be the only thing I see any value in, not knowing anything about how the game works. Apparently the pet of choice is a pretty required thing as I listen to this youtube video of why some guy returned to the game. Black Desert Online - Why I'm Playing Again In 2017

I can't watch vid right now. However pets are pretty cheap on the market you just have to play RNG on bidding (kind of like a lottery) to get it.
You can buy inventory space slowly through loyalty as well. There are quests that give you inventory space as reward. Having a value pack active gives you +16 I think. I only really ran out when I was trying to keep everything but once I sorted out what is immediately useful and what I can trash/sell it is fine.

I'd probably worry about those things, or not, as I play MMOs very casually, though if the inventory is crazy restrictive I'd get it, but I'd have to like the game first, in which I'd be glad to invest.

Edit: Found some answers, seem solid enough and I'll post here in case someone else like me wants to know. I may just stick to entry price, and maybe collect enough to buy those Value Package items in game if possible.

Edit2:

Inventory Expansion Coupons don't expire. I think they help immediately early game but going straight for the inventory expansion quest chairs isn't a bad alternative.

The value pack is to be honest a really good deal to have active. I don't think you necessarily need it to enjoy the game but it certainly helped me at the beginning. The inventory space, warehouse space and weight limit increase were all fantastic and immediately missed when it expires. I can still work around its absense but it feels like a downgrade already. They aren't overly expensive on the market though.

Personally I found inventory weight to be the most restrictive system early on. Silver, potions, generic loot, cool loot you want to sell in market etc. Everything adds up and at the beginning this is pretty annoying.

Ploid 3.0

Value pack is like a subscription so when it runs out you lose the benefits, including the inventory slots.

Honestly that thing you found is out of date, and at this point I would just do a 7 day trial. On March 3rd they will have their 1 year anniversary and they "should" have a sale then. At that point all the packages including the $10 one will be 50% off.

I don't think any of the packages are worth it except for the $50 one when it is 50% off.

Thank you so much, I almost got home to buy it. I will wait, hoping for some juicy stuff to buy. I like that it's not a sub so I probably won't do the value monthly stuff, but if I had to sub to a MMO again it would be more like this, where if I stop I can still have access to my character. Heck it even have Samurai so I'd be less tempted to go back to FFXIV to be disappointed that it's not like FFXI Samurai.

Every day you get rewarded 100 loyalty for logging in and playing a bit. Extra character slot costs 5000 from the loyalty shop from memory. So essentially you can unlock it for free but it is pretty rough juggling so many characters, I have 1 main + 5 for doing odd stuff like daily, boss etc.

Sounds good, the only reason I use so many characters is I love playing all the classes. The Final Fantasy MMO games allowed all of the classes on one character, so I got used to changing it up often. It looks like I'll be fine with the stock slots then. Thanks!

Hubb

Heads up for the sale, it is live now. $10 package is not on sale, middle package is like 33% off and the $50 package is 50% off.

Ploid 3.0

Heads up for the sale, it is live now. $10 package is not on sale, middle package is like 33% off and the $50 package is 50% off.

Yooo let's goooo! Time to play this slowly over the years until its servers are taken down, just like GW2, Marvel Heroes, and Path of Exile. Thanks again for the advice, dodged a big sale by one day. That would have been pretty bad hah.

Such a crazy sale too, who would buy the first two packages hah. Dang.

Hubb

In the past they have had all packages on sale for 50% off. I guess they wanted to push more people into the higher package.

Ploid 3.0

One of the pets is Naughty Dog. The hawk looks good, but the name alone makes me want that dog.

I wish there were more to choose from. I see a lot of talk about foxes and penguins. Some "Pet of your choice."

Mephala

One of the pets is Naughty Dog. The hawk looks good, but the name alone makes me want that dog.

I wish there were more to choose from. I see a lot of talk about foxes and penguins. Some "Pet of your choice."

Pets are actually pretty cheap but you need to RNG at market place and wait for pet you want or beg with chat.

I read somewhere that birds are more expensive so probably better value for free pet. Penguin was login reward but I started late and didn't get him. :(

I have a Dark Knight name dilemma. I'm considering Vermicelli.

Should I also make a Witch or a Ranger? Kind of want both!

Top Bottom