• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Monthly Games lineup for September 2023 announced

RavageX

Saints Row | PS4, PS5

Experience the biggest and best Saints Row playground ever created.

That, is a lie. I will play this game simply because I refuse to pay for it and maybe I am wrong about it....but I see nothing worth a price increase in quite some time.

HTK

Banned
This is why i hate this service, since its inception PlayStation Plus which has been well over a decade that I've been paying into it. Not once was there a game I was remotely interested in. All garbage. I'm just paying to play online....

Thief1987

This is why i hate this service, since its inception PlayStation Plus which has been well over a decade that I've been paying into it. Not once was there a game I was remotely interested in. All garbage. I'm just paying to play online....
So you paid for PS Plus for 3 years since its inception to play online even though it wasn't required for that? Sounds legit

reinking

Gold Member
Lack luster addition at the same time as a price increase....

What Are You Doing Wtf GIF by Masterchef

I thought this was games with gold for a second and then remembered they stopped it this month.

If you own a PS5 you should probably be playing BG3 in September anyway. This lot can fuck off.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
3TMmNKC.gif

Time to get a new holiday home bitches 💰💵💵💰

Jimbo must be spending the cash they have allocated for PS+ games on coke and then just picking any shite they can get from any publisher 😂

Last edited:
That turd isnt worth your time, let alone a dollar.
Since it's now a monthly plus title, post patches/fixes, I can try it out and see how much fun I can have with it without the worries or guilt of spending 69.99 in case I don't enjoy it. I did the same with Agents of Mayhem and had a fun time with what I played. It's a lot easier to have fun with a game when it's offered to me instead.

MMaRsu

Banned
Since it's now a monthly plus title, post patches/fixes, I can try it out and see how much fun I can have with it without the worries or guilt of spending 69.99 in case I don't enjoy it. I did the same with Agents of Mayhem and had a fun time with what I played. It's a lot easier to have fun with a game when it's offered to me instead.

Oh absolutely. Try away. But dont say I didnt warn you!

There are so many good games in 2023, a turd like this isnt worth your valuable time.

coffinbirth

Woof.
It's times like these where I wish there was an option to "pause" subscriptions. I don't want any of these games, and I likely won't be even turning on my PlayStation for the next month due to Starfield.
That's not an option, right?

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Is Black Desert still P2W?

It is far worse now with all the updates. Which is a shame. The core mechanics, character designs, and world/gameplay is amazing. But you are punished for engaging in it normally without paying for boosts and catch ups.

Pelta88

It is far worse now with all the updates. Which is a shame. The core mechanics, character designs, and world/gameplay is amazing. But you are punished for engaging in it normally without paying for boosts and catch ups.

I've always thought the game looked really good but I'm told it's a free to play nightmare.

Geez, Sony really shovelling out the shit sandwiches today.

Can’t complain too much though I guess, they’ve been delivering pretty consistently well with PS+ for a while, there’s always going to be slow months

Hestar69

I mean for free, I guess I will finally play the new Saints Row. Anyone who loves SR3 and 4 like me that played it....is it at least decent? For free I mean.
it was..okay. I played ti when it first came out and it was VERYYYYYYYY buggy on PC...

Story and characters are bleh,but you can run around and have some fun for sure....now zero generations is bad bad.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
it was..okay. I played ti when it first came out and it was VERYYYYYYYY buggy on PC...

Story and characters are bleh,but you can run around and have some fun for sure....now zero generations is bad bad.
As long as I can still make a babe and doll her up and cause carnage, it'll be worth a playthrough.

The team in charge of the price increase must not have been in contact with whoever handles these releases. Surely they could have picked a better month to tell everyone so it wouldn't look as bad.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I've always thought the game looked really good but I'm told it's a free to play nightmare.
I was beyond hyped when the game was first announced for the west. Even bought the super expensive 100 dollar founders pack. Its a shame that they were more focused on short term greed than long term sustainability.

RickMasters

Black desert and gen zero….. played those on gamepass ages ago. They are ok free games I guess. Never been a fan of saints row.

Fbh

"We are going to raise the PS Plus price 20% this month. What will we do to justify it?"

F4yilHUWsAEtUjX

EarlyIdleCrossbill-size_restricted.gif

"This month on Ps+:
- A grindy Korean MMO that's more of a second job than a game
- A 45 metascore game
- The new Saints Row that was so bad it killed the studio

Please remember to pay us over 30% more every month starting with this awesome lineup!"

Last edited:

Esca

Purposely putting out one of the worst months when you're doing a major stealth price increase? Real classy

Esca

Saints row is going to be the first game in all the years I've had Plus that I don't add to library.

Mobilemofo

I’m debating even claiming any of this months games. Seems like it would just clutter my library and do more harm than good.
Some would argue it would be a form of self harm.

Anyway, next month will be good, we will get the unity collection. 50 games, made in unity from 09-15 for £29.99. Bargain. 😄

Last edited:
Kinda interested in Saints Row, seeing myself if it is really that bad. I liked SR3 and its stupid humor not really feeling Gat out of Hell though, which I played just a few hours.
Not really eager to play those coop/MP games. I mean I never even tried Destiny, a probably considered good MP game, depending on how annoyed one is with the DLC directions or something. Games that sound like work annoy me already in SP.

But Sacred 3 is for me the example for a game that is rated rather mediocre, that I nevertheless really enjoyed. So who knows. Better rated games are certainly a better bet for finding fun, but it is not impossible to enjoy some jankier, unpolished or bland games.

bender

What time is it?
Tried out Saints Row in co-op last night with a buddy. I was not prepared for how bad it would be. I'm not sure I have anything good to say about it. Most impressive was how dead the world felt with streets feeling mostly empty with only a handful of pedestrians or cars. The physics systems is hilariously bad. They somehow managed to make car handling worse than previous entries in the series which was always a weakness of those games. The writing is just awful and makes me wonder what the target audience was for the game. The only "fun" part of our co-op adventure is when I ran him over with a bus which resulted in him teleporting inside the vehicle with no option to escape. I drove the buss into body of water, but since this game has no mercy, it didn't sink or blow up, it just floated in place while he was trapped inside. We couldn't delete this game fast enough.

Top Bottom