• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday 2011 Thread: Newest Online Deals: Vanquish PS3 $5.50 At Best Buy

I remember seeing passive 3-D on a LG when it first came out (so last years models I guess) and I know at that point I vastly preferred the active 3-D. They had Motorstorm running on a Sony with active and it looked great. The LG demo was just fish or something so maybe I was just bored by it, haha.

Yeah it completely kicks the ass of the active shutter glasses I used to use. I bought a 47lw5600 for the 2D picture quality. But the 3D is completely blowing me away too.

overcast

I got a new 360, traded in my old one. I put all of my memory onto a 4 GB flash drive. I put it in the new 360, apparently all of my memory was fucking deleted. 85% in Arkham City gone.

IDK if I'm just doing something wrong.

Kaizer

Banned
Again, I'd really recommend everyone run out to their local Best Buy or Wal-Mart if they weren't able to snag Batman: AC. I wouldn't be surprised if a copy or two were still left even now.

Yep, lo and behold 10 minutes before the Amazon Lightning Deal, my Dad walks in the house with a copy of Batman after getting finished with his Black Friday shopping. Said, "there were still a few left, so I knew you were looking for it". Awesomeness, glad I didn't have to spam the click button on my laptop.

Picked up kinect sports season 2 for 25$, its fucking terrible. Should have spent the extra 10 and got revelations. Best buys 360 section was a waste land, and targets 3ds and ds section was wiped clean.

My goodness, someone stop me. Amazon deals are just too good to pass up. I bit on:

- Gears 3 for $28
- Trails in the Sky for $15
- Gears Triple Pack for $8
- Dirt 3 for $15

Which doesn't sound that bad except that I just bought Skyrim, Zelda, and 3D Land recently...

RedAssedApe

Banned
"Wield the lethal skills of a wiser, more efficient and deadlier Ezio." @ 8:15 has got to be Brotherhood since "Explore the deadly, shadowed world of the assassin with new assassin Ezio." @ 8:15 is Ass Creed 2.

I'm hoping "Augment your gaming library with the latest installment of this award winning franchise" @ 8:15 is Revelations. Augment kinda like the Animus's augmented reality. Maybe that's a stretch...

"Wield the lethal skills of a wiser, more efficient and deadlier Ezio" is an exact cut and paste from the AC:R website. Its not Brotherhood, its Revelations.

The other one is Deus Ex: HR.

So, I skipped out at doing the whole early morning thing this year and instead went in the morning.

Went to Best Buy at around 11 and damn the lines to the register was pretty much wrapping around the store, so I just gave up on wanting to get anything.

Went to Gamestop and while still crowded, the line wasn't terrible so picked up Portal 2 and Dynasty Warrior 7.

Didn't see anything worth while at Target, but there was still a whole lot of people.

I did woke up silly early to get White Knight Chronicles 2 from Amazon. Thanks for making it a 5:15 AM lightning deal, Amazon.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Well fuck. My net connection was jacked up for a few minutes and I freakin' missed Dirt 3. Waited all day just for that! ;_; It's already sold out. Joined the waiting list, probably won't do any good.

Levyne

Banned
By the end of the weekend, I'll have grabbed

Uncharted 3
Arkham City
AssCreed

All I wanted out of Black Friday this year

kylej

Banned
awyeah(1).png

done with black friday.

hayejin

If it's a repeat of last night's, it'll be $28.

Do you know the price for Driver that's coming up. Last time I played Driver was the PSX version. How do Driver games hold up these days?

SamuraiX-

So, I skipped out at doing the whole early morning thing this year and instead went in the morning.

Went to Best Buy at around 11 and damn the lines to the register was pretty much wrapping around the store, so I just gave up on wanting to get anything.

Went to Gamestop and while still crowded, the line wasn't terrible so picked up Portal 2 and Dynasty Warrior 7.

Didn't see anything worth while at Target, but there was still a whole lot of people.

I did woke up silly early to get White Knight Chronicles 2 from Amazon. Thanks for making it a 5:15 AM lightning deal, Amazon.

Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking?

My local Wal-Marts and Best Buys looked like people were preparing for the apocalypse last night (10pm-midnight), but when I woke up and checked out the scene again this morning between 8am-10am, everything was incredibly tame in comparison.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Well, bought Dark Souls @ $35. I figure with amazon's horrendously slow shipping of SSS, I can just cancel it if another deal comes up later on Cyber Monday.

Finalized my Newegg order for Uncharted 2. All that's left is U3. I really want to take advantage of the $30 deal, but with LBP2SE, R&C:A4O, and Rayman Origins today (not to mention playing Skyrim), I'm pretty much set.

I'm tempted in trading in Ultimate MVC3 since I'm still a noob, but I'm not sure yet. I'll just wait for a possible Christmas sale.

Bought Vanquish for $5 on the Best Buy site. Says it's scheduled to ship, but doesn't say when yet.

Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking?

My local Wal-Marts and Best Buys looked like people were preparing for the apocalypse last night (10pm-midnight), but when I woke up and checked out the scene again this morning between 8am-10am, everything was incredibly tame in comparison.

San Francisco Peninsula. I went to the Best Buy and Target in Colma, and they were pretty much packed and full of people everywhere. I do think a lot of the stuff was still there but just way too many people checking out.

Did anyone see the GOW Origins Collection on sale anywhere. Its weird, Amazon is always out of stock on it and I haven't seen a deal on it since the Best Buy deal when it first came out. Its the last game on my list I have been looking for and its insane that it hasn't been on sale at all

element

Back from a late run to Walmart, Best Buy, and Target.

Every game that Best Buy had on sale, was still in stock at 6 PM. I picked up FIFA 2012. They had tons of copies of Uncharted 3, Forza 4, Gears 3, Battlefield 3, Batman AC, Rage, and ACR. I was a little surprised, but score. I really wish someone had Skyrim or MW3 on sale, but no.

Walmart was smashed. I felt bad for the staff putting things away that people didn't want to buy. The electronics section was just six or seven carts full of stuff to be put away.

Target looked like nothing happened. Totally clean. Most of the deals were still there.

cacophony

God damn Mario 3DL is the only game I've been waiting for a deal on and now that I have a $10 amazon credit, I can't even get it for normal price.

SamuraiX-

San Francisco Peninsula. I went to the Best Buy and Target in Colma, and they were pretty much packed and full of people everywhere. I do think a lot of the stuff was still there but just way too many people checking out.

Oh, damn. No wonder, bro. You're like in the heart of the one of the most populated cities in California over there. :(

Elixist

cool just got back from Best Buy, grabbed BF3 and Batman for 30 bucks each sweet. Grabbed Ratchet-Crack in Time and Skyrim off Amazon for decent deals. If anybody is looking to grab Ratchet and Clank Acit its 15 bucks on Amazon best price i've seen for awhile.

the instant 30 sec out of stock on all items seems to have stopped for a bit, battlefield 3 is still available so hopefully you guys have a good chance at assassins creed rev :D and others

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
AAAAAANNNNDDD I'm done for the day.

I ordered the 250GB Xbox 360 Holiday Bundle from BestBuy.com the moment it went live. Woohoo! But then I realized I wanted some instant gratification, and so I hit up a B&M Best Buy at midnight only to see 10,000 people in the store and the systems all gone.

Figured BF would be a lost cause.

But it turns out everything was really easy, and worked out pretty well. Seemed just like a regular shopping day after noon or so passed. My final tally:

Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Bundle for $199 from BB.com
Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Bundle for $199 + a free $50 GC from Amazon.com
---I'll sell one of them, just not sure which.

2x 3 month Xbox Live Cards - $7.99/each
Battlefield 3 LE (X360), Ass.Creed.Rev (PS3), Super Mario 3D (3DS) - $75/total
Yakuza 4 - $10
Fast Five Blu-Ray Combo Pack - $10

Really wish someone would have had a sale on Skyrim and/or Modern Warfare 3. Those are the two I waited on to ask for as Christmas presents, but I hate asking for full priced items.

Also, really sick of seeing console versions of multiplatform games on sale, but the PC counterparts are still full price. Rage was $30 at Best Buy, but still $50 on PC. Same with Ass.Creed.Rev, Deus Ex, etc. I know, I know, there are Steam sales and Origin sales and whatnot; but it really makes it tough to buy presents for people who want the PC version of things.

Went with my dad shopping and found a bunch of bestbuy xbox bundles for 200 bucks. I got one but now I realize I have no games for the system. Might get shadow complex.

Oh yeah, also got a 55 inch sony 3d tv. loving it.

Derrick01

Banned
Also, really sick of seeing console versions of multiplatform games on sale, but the PC counterparts are still full price. Rage was $30 at Best Buy, but still $50 on PC. Same with Ass.Creed.Rev, Deus Ex, etc. I know, I know, there are Steam sales and Origin sales and whatnot; but it really makes it tough to buy presents for people who want the PC version of things.

I'm with you there. We get no respect with retailers.

JLG-

I'm probably the only only person hoping the Uncharted lightning deal will be for UC2 GOTY. I already got UC3 from bestbuy.

Top Bottom