• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday Was the Biggest Day Ever for Gun Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just make me sad that this crazy lawyer got a Screeching Weasel avatar. Should change it to Ted Nugent

Whats more sad is that the US got too many idiots so you never see a change to the gunlaws thats really needed. In the meantime the rest of us in the civilized world keeps shaking our heads

It's not hatred - its just frustration at knowing that there is a solution, and you willfully obstruct it because - FUCKING TOYS.

Pretty sure when you generalize an entire population as crazy, it is more than frustration.

Your proposed solution will not work in your country. The USA is unique in the world and requires a unique solution to gun violence. Simply saying "we could use the Australia model!" because it fulfills some personal fantasy is lazy and a cop out.

You use the same my way or the highway tactics as the NRA, and surely you must see the futility in that.

NIGHT-

I've never owned a gun before, but my girlfriend has 90 acres of land inherited to her, and lots of wild turkeys roam on it! I'd eventually love to get into some form of hunting, since I never been before

Pretty sure when you generalize an entire population as crazy, it is more than frustration.

Your proposed solution will not work in your country. The USA is unique in the world and requires a unique solution to gun violence. Simply saying "we could use the Australia model!" because it fulfills some personal fantasy is lazy and a cop out.

You use the same my way or the highway tactics as the NRA, and surely you must see the futility in that.
What makes America a different case? I'm interested to hear your case. Because if you change this...
Thought this article from back in October was relevant for this thread: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e-in-america-state-secrecy-means-no-one-knows
To background checks are required, long waiting periods, bans on gun ownership if you have a certain felony conviction (violent crime, alcohol or drug abuse, harassment, etc etc) constant checks and constant mandatory gun safety classes, harsh punishment for failure to report a missing gun, or failure to register a gun would go a long way.

And stop banning research Congress.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Just make me sad that this crazy lawyer got a Screeching Weasel avatar. Should change it to Ted Nugent

Whats more sad is that the US got too many idiots so you never see a change to the gunlaws thats really needed. In the meantime the rest of us in the civilized world keeps shaking our heads
But don't you see, the US has all those civil liberties that the rest of the world just doesn't have.

appaws

Banned

LOL.

I've never owned a gun before, but my girlfriend has 90 acres of land inherited to her, and lots of wild turkeys roam on it! I'd eventually love to get into some form of hunting, since I never been before

That's awesome. Just find someone who knows what they are doing and learn from them. Learn how to be safe with a gun and how to properly and humanely hunt. I've never hunted turkey, but I have eaten wild turkey and it is great.

How many proud NRA members are there on GAF? I see two above. It's just weird cause NRA don't give a shit about gun owners, they give a shit about gun manufacturer and politician lobbying. Maybe because there arent any other gun lobbyers that some gun owners feel like supporting NRA with money even if it isn't in their best interests?

appaws

Banned
How many proud NRA members are there on GAF? I see two above. It's just weird cause NRA don't give a shit about gun owners, they give a shit about gun manufacturer and politician lobbying. Maybe because there arent any other gun lobbyers that some gun owners feel like supporting NRA with money even if it isn't in their best interests?

There are actually several very effective firearms lobbying groups. The NRA is just the biggest and has the most clout.

I don't know how you define whether they "give a shit" about me...? They lobby for my individual rights, so I support them.

There are actually several very effective firearms lobbying groups. The NRA is just the biggest and has the most clout.

I don't know how you define whether they "give a shit" about me...? They lobby for my individual rights, so I support them.
Nope, they lobby for the gun industry. The need more people buying guns, why do you think they even advertise specifically to children? Why, they just convinced the Senate to reduce more background checks just now and got you NRA members to tell your senators to vote no against any form of gun control.

Speaking of....

http://act.nraila.org/qEpea5K

"Urge Your Senator to Oppose Any and All New Gun Control Measures!
A group of anti-gun U.S. Senators are scheming to bring several gun control measures to the Senate floor TODAY, including the Manchin-Toomey “universal” background check bill that was defeated in 2013. Debate could also include an amendment to expand the prohibited person list for anyone who is on the “terrorist” watch list, even if by error and without due process. Other amendments are possible, so your action is critically needed to defeat these anti-gun measures.

All NRA members need to call their Senators NOW at 202-224-3121 and urge them to vote NO on any and all gun control proposals up for debate in today’s session, including the Manchin-Toomey bill or the expansion of the prohibited persons list."

Nothing gets in the way of gun industry profits.

appaws

Banned
Nope, they lobby for the gun industry. The need more people buying guns, why do you think they even advertise specifically to children? Why, they just convinced the Senate to reduce more background checks just now and got you NRA members to tell your senators to vote no against any form of gun control.

Good for them. My senators are good on individual liberties for the most part. I live in a free state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom