• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops II NDAs lifted - YouTuber impressions

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
haha but I don't play year to year. I stop sometime a few months later when other stuff comes out. So there's always a big break in between where it cleanses me. I don't know how some people play year to year. I'd get sick of it.

I don't get sick of things.

Ryck

I loved MW1+2+3 but hated Blops on PS3... can anyone please give me a good valid reason to get Blops 2 on PS3..? I love COD games for the short frantic action online.. is the PS3 version up to par this time, or am I going to hate it just like Blops 1 on PS3..?
This is also my concern, Blops on Ps3 was such a downgrade compared to 360. This is not the case with the IW games, which sucks because I prefer Treyarchs gun play.

Nori Chan

Got all of them.

8153513186_c092ff172d_b.jpg

I thought there would be 15?

Anyways can't wait to get the last one.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question: Does the game support 4-player splitscreen for zombies?

any previews of the ps3 version? Blops 1 performed like hot garbage on that platform and it's my only means of playing the game :/

edit: I see i'm not the only one asking. Hope there's some feedback soon

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Youtube videos are getting me cautiosly optimistic on the maps. I hated the MW3 maps so much I didn't play the game but for a few weeks. This one Im kinda liking the looks of though.

guys when posting links to streams or vids hide them in quotes or the ninjas might find them.

definitely will be waiting a week or two to get impressions from actual people on the ps3 version, not gonna give em my money again for a shitty product. I was talking to some friends the other day and noticed that I never stuck with a Treyarch COD multi that long, I always go back to IW's COD, WAW went back to MW1, Blops went back to MW2. If I don't get this COD I think it might be the end of COD for me for a few years.

Raptor

What exactly could be bad about the PS3 version?

This is teh first time since CoD4 I will buy a CoD game and this time will be on the PS3 so I want to know in advance what's up.

This is teh first time since CoD4 I will buy a CoD game and this time will be on the PS3 so I want to know in advance what's up.

Graphics won't be as good as the 360 version.

IW was good at making both versions of their COD 100% identical because, if i remember correctly, they had 2 separate teams working on each version. Treyarchs COD's always looked like shit on PS3 compared to the 360. And it seems the new IW don't know what the fuck they're doing anymore because MW3 for PS3 doesn't look as good as the 360 version.

Raptor

IW was good at making both versions of their COD 100% identical because, if i remember correctly, they had 2 separate teams working on each version. Treyarchs COD's always looked like shit on PS3 compared to the 360. And it seems the new IW don't know what the fuck they're doing anymore because MW3 for PS3 doesn't look as good as the 360 version.

Thanks.

Oh well at least I awnt good performance, don't mind graphics all that much if that means better performance.

SMG + AR recoil comparison videos and a round of domination against bots on Express: http://www.reddit.com/r/blackops2/co...sars_with_and/
The guy also plans on livestreaming the game in 30 minutes.

I really like the things moving around on some of the maps, i.e. the train on express.
the grips same to make a notable difference, as they should.

The test is a little skewed by the fact that he is standing so close to the wall though.

Effect

Question. I know Combat Training in BO1 had it's own leveling system but did it have it's own leaderboard system as well?

I've haven't played CT a lot to be honest but how would one rank the challenge it gives to a player? Know anyone that has played it exclusively? With you increasing the difficulty of course.

demolitio

Jesus, I expected MORE recoil to come from Treyarch. I would say that the manufacturers of the near future have done a great job with directing the gas elsewhere to prevent as much recoil but half the weapon are current weapons. Hell, they make the FAL look stable...

To reduce recoil that much in a series that already spit on the idea of recoil is crazy. Other shooters that have decent recoil make firefights come down to SKILL and not who shot first or who has the fastest fire rate. That's part of the fun of an encounter.

I was excited for this but knew what I was getting pretty much, but this knocked it down a peg or two. I never expected a lot of recoil out of the series, but having practically none is insulting to gamers.

It's amazing how they baby gamers to make them feel badass when the glory of fighting recoil always made me feel a lot better than owning in COD.

Question. I know Combat Training in BO1 had it's own leveling system but did it have it's own leaderboard system as well?

I've haven't played CT a lot to be honest but how would one rank the challenge it gives to a player? Know anyone that has played it exclusively? With you increasing the difficulty of course.
No leader board. I played Combat Training a ton in BO1, loved it. You can make it really tough if you want but the problem is difficulty only came down to how long it took them to get a bead on you and shoot. So in the higher difficulties they were like aim bots basically. Hopefully they tweak it somehow this time.

To change things up I played around with not using kill streaks and changing the numbers of friendly/enemy bots, sometimes I even made my own objectives (blowing up stuff on the map, getting to extraction points before the timer ran down, stuff like that.) Yeah I know I'm weird but I find that kind of stuff fun.

Thanks.

Oh well at least I awnt good performance, don't mind graphics all that much if that means better performance.
He's not talking about graphics as in textures and image quality... Blops1 ran at a lower resolution on the PS3 and had a noticeably worse framerate. There were also a couple of bugs on launch that were specific to the PS3, but most of those got fixed after a few rounds of patching. Although to be fair IW didn't fare much better in the bugs department. MW2 still hard locks my friend's PS3 randomly, something that never happened with BO.

Compared to all the previous CoD titles, Black Ops on Ps3 ran the worst. It suffered from a disgusting 960x540 resolution drop compared to 360's 1040x608 resolution - so it looked like super upscaled shit or as many have called it, vaseline vision. You can read the complete break down here.

Actually, MW3 was probably the closest the two platform versions have ever been to one another. It was also the first time the PS3 version ran at 1024x600 like 360.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Well shit. Over 2 weeks left and the game has already leaked on X360.

Edit: but who am i kidding, it's been that for years.

Maddocks

god i hope the ps3 version runs smooth. Im really only getting it for zombies, but i know ill venture into the MP. So i hope it doesnt run like crap or suffer hard slow downs.

Pingoreous

Ok so Microsoft/Activision exclusivity deal includes not showing the PS3 version of the game?
or should we be worry that its a Piece of donkey balls again on PS3.

Top Bottom