• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops II NDAs lifted - YouTuber impressions

Meh, I rarely see anyone doing it. In all the time I've played COD I've only run into it successfully a few times. I've seen a bunch attempt and suck at it, very few do it successfully, but the vast majority of the time I never see it.

Then again I only play search and it's not really THAT beneficial for that mode.

Gorillaz

Ugh. Quick-scoping is the worst thing ever.

Quick Scoping was never a problem it's been around since cod2 and got popular in Cod4

The problem was that in MW2 they let just about anybody quickscope due to SoH pro. If it wasn't for that nobody would be complaining about it.

Quick Scoping was never a problem it's been around since cod2 and got popular in Cod4

The problem was that in MW2 they let just about anybody quickscope due to SoH pro. If it wasn't for that nobody would be complaining about it.

ADS Time for Sniper Rifles better be 0.4 seconds.

Radec

Who here actually got owned by a quick scopper for more than a game ? lol

They just look good and immortal on youtubes.

Victrix

*beard*
I've never understood the hate. I think it's just the usual sniper hate combined with being annoyed at getting quick scoped either because it's not 'fair' or because 'sniper rifles shouldn't be able to do that'. Those sweet sniper montages on youtube? afaict, those come from the idiots I see doing 360s off buildings going 5 and 25 and then clipping the one kill they landed that match.

In all the hundreds of hours of CoD I've played, I can count on one hand the number of times I ran across a sniper who was good enough at quick scoping to be a serious threat... and he would have been just as dangerous and had an easier time of it with a burst AR.

Kind of a moot point, Treyarch seems to have a real hate-on for snipers, BO was really unfriendly to them (excessively so, I thought).

Too many Call of Duty jokes can be inserted here. Too many.
haha but I don't play year to year. I stop sometime a few months later when other stuff comes out. So there's always a big break in between where it cleanses me. I don't know how some people play year to year. I'd get sick of it.

The sites themselves can't ban people. They can't until they recieve DMCA requests from the publisher.

Since Own3D isn't nearly anywhere as popular as Twitch TV, it will likely take longer for them to discover.

Meh, I rarely see anyone doing it. In all the time I've played COD I've only run into it successfully a few times. I've seen a bunch attempt and suck at it, very few do it successfully, but the vast majority of the time I never see it.

Then again I only play search and it's not really THAT beneficial for that mode.

you should play some MW3 then, seems like everyone is a pro quickscoper there with how easy the guns handle.

you should play some MW3 then, seems like everyone is a pro quickscoper there with how easy the guns handle.
I did play it but still didn't see it much. But once again I was mostly a search and destroy player. That mode doesn't lend itself to it as much as any modes with respawning/tons of potential kills.

I only played for a few months though, MW3 was the fastest I got sick of a COD title. Actually MW2 was close, but still.

Radec

Anybody see the prestige icons?

Pretty interesting if you ask me. Still waiting to see how the last 4 look

Got all of them.

8153513186_c092ff172d_b.jpg

I'm really curious about the Assault Shield's ability to be placed as cover. Can it be shattered when placed in the ground? Can opponents walk through it? If not, can I just plant it in a doorway and block an entire entrance?

http://www.own3d.tv/heyitsbbg/live/410178

This dude is broadcasting live against bots. Quality is quite good, 60 FPS, 720p, commentary. Own3d seems to be OK with it as they haven't banned him after quite a while with about 2k viewers.

that was my stream. sadly streaming the game got my TWITCH.TV account banned. (yes not own3d but my twitch)

they said because I promoted my twitch channel on the own3d website. I must be the first person in the history of twitch to get there channel banned by doing absolutely nothing on the actual twitch website. Twitch admins are giving me the runaround as well.

but yea the game feels pretty solid and maps are fun as hell for the most part. Really love the M-Tar AR.

Xater

What I need to know is if Treyarch can at least the same quality of a PS3 port that MW3 was. Black Ops on PS3 was atrocious. The resolution was so low in PAL it basically counted as SD. The framerate was low and it was really unstable (crashed all the time in MP).

Hanmik

I loved MW1+2+3 but hated Blops on PS3... can anyone please give me a good valid reason to get Blops 2 on PS3..? I love COD games for the short frantic action online.. is the PS3 version up to par this time, or am I going to hate it just like Blops 1 on PS3..?

Phinor

What's the deal with no recoil? Even a 3-burst-pistol had zero recoil. Bullets don't seem to have any spread. And Blops handled recoil quite well, compared MWs. Very disappointing.

I was just about to post that the complete lack of recoil is really weird and disturbing. Was it this bad in Black Ops 1? After seeing that I'm pretty sure I can skip BO2 with ease and bargain bin it at some point for the SP campaign if it's as good as the original campaign was.

I mean low recoil I understand but zero recoil makes this pretty much an instagib game. Instagib is great but perhaps not in a modern military shooter. Or maybe I'm wrong and BO1 was as bad.

Realyn

Lol, was like the first CoD since MW1 or so I wanted to get, but that recoil ... jeez christ.

PLEASE MAKE GAMES MORE EASY! Our 10 year old kids need their feeling of succes.

Top Bottom