• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Panther Poster, Trailer Dropping Tonight

Gattsu25

Banned
Why is he wearing boots with silver diamonds on them?

Those're claws, similar to the ones in his gloves:
qQvATtA.jpg

Apharmd

What taking points will they have though? The name predates the organization, and leopards/panthers have long been a staple in African mythology. Maybe the extremely nationalist/isolationist and african superiority angle of the story may raise some eyebrows.

Racists aren't clever.

Gattsu25

Banned
What taking points will they have though? The name predates the organization, and leopards/panthers have long been a staple in African mythology. Maybe the extremely nationalist/isolationist and african superiority angle of the story may raise some eyebrows.

Since when have facts mattered to the snowflakes at Fox News, Drudge, and Brietbart

It's vibranium. A fictional super metal.

He has no powers so his costume needs to be banging.

Wikipedia says this isn't true.

Tbf, even MCU BP was strong enough without his suit to overpower the Winter Soldier's metal arm, so I'm pretty sure T'Challa has superhuman abilities on the level of Captain America, if not even beyond him.

DOWN

Banned
I know nothing about Black Panther so I was hoping it wouldn't be cheesy supernatural stuff and was like a cool vigilante fighter but the background says cheese is in season

Dynomutt

Why is he wearing boots with silver diamonds on them?

Pimp C explained it best:

Little over a year ago I was in bondage
And now I'm back out here reaping the blessings
And getting the benefits that go along with it
Everything that's out here for kings like us
The reason why we like this this jewelry and this diamonds and stuff. They don't understand is because we really from Africa
And that's where all this stuff come from
And we originated from kings,
You know what I'm saying
So don't look down on the youngsters
Because they wanna have shiny things
It's in our genes, know what I'm saying
We just don't all know our history so...

It fits.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Youd think they'd do some promo shots during filming, get it out of the way instead of cut and pasting the dudes head on a body in a costume.

Bronx-Man

Banned
T'Challa has powers, same as Cap's. But he just recently got the power to call upon any previous Black Panthers for guidance so there's some supernatural stuff there too.

-griffy-

Banned
Dude obviously had powers in Civil War when he went toe-to-toe with Bucky in civilian clothes, and pulled some crazy acrobatics/mantling/jumping to cut him off on that staircase. He somehow wound up on the second floor and jumped down to cut off Bucky running up a staircase he left T'Challa at the bottom of.

5192993-mmmm%2C%2C.gif

tumblr_o5nnzfCJ2i1sc0ffqo1_500.gif

tumblr_o5nnzfCJ2i1sc0ffqo2_500.gif

tumblr_o5nnzfCJ2i1sc0ffqo3_500.gif

TalonJH

Would have been cleaner if he had the mask on. I hate when the Marvel posters photoshop the actors face on the body and it looks off.

Edit: Like this

Sloppy quick edit with the mask.(I'm at work)

I like it a little better.

Dude obviously had powers in Civil War when he went toe-to-toe with Bucky in civilian clothes, and pulled some crazy acrobatics/mantling/jumping to cut him off on that staircase. He somehow wound up on the second floor and jumped down to cut off Bucky running up a staircase he left T'Challa at the bottom of.

5192993-mmmm%2C%2C.gif

tumblr_o5nnzfCJ2i1sc0ffqo1_500.gif

tumblr_o5nnzfCJ2i1sc0ffqo2_500.gif

tumblr_o5nnzfCJ2i1sc0ffqo3_500.gif

BP so fcking badass!

Top Bottom