• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black PS5 controller images leaked!

Which will you preorder?

• Black version (Bold and sexy)

Votes: 91 67.4%
  • White( clean and sleek)

Votes: 44 32.6%

• Total voters

iconmaster

Banned
The white is eye-catching but somewhat obnoxious.

Even if they don't have a black option at launch, Sony will introduce one eventually.

Wizz-Art

I won't preorder one since I'm not getting a new house , but the black one has my preference for sure as I don't think of a bra every time I see the controller!

why did you not include the image in the post
xXwaVcB.jpg

xXwaVcB.jpg

rMFhe9O.jpg

rMFhe9O.jpg

Hideous! If that's the final design, with the white face and directional buttons, then I'm holding off until a proper black edition is released. Not picking up the white edition period.

Fbh

Yeah the white buttons look bad, but otherwise both the controller and console would be nicer in black.

We need some sort of 4Chan style "faux outrage that becomes real" (like the ok sign) about how a white console with blue highlights is about supporting white supremacy and cops or something.....so Sony is forced to release a black model.

zcaa0g

Banned
I guess Sony realizes and doesn't care that some people won't buy a PS5 until it matches the color scheme of well, their TV, receiver, speakers, PS4 until every game is compatible, PS3, XBOX XXX, charcoal/black Switch, etc. Yep, they don't care.

Since i’ve had a black PS3, PS4 and PS4Pro, i will go for a white PS5 this time.

Since I've had a white PS4 and PS4 Pro, I'm going for black this time...but no way in hell with those white buttons. The black controller should have color face buttons and a color Playstation logo home button.

schaft0620

That's got to be a dev controller, those are the same junky thumbsticks from the OG Rev 1 DS4 that ripped apart when you played Driveclub.

It looks nothing like the thumbsticks in the images released by Sony.

Umbral

With the white d-pad and face buttons? Gross. I’ll be getting all white if it looks like that.

freefornow

Gold Member
Fake? Real? Whatever!
But for the love of god Sony, at the very least, please use a colored PS logo on the controller. Just give us that one little homage!! It's literally gonna add 0.01 cent to production costs!

Last edited:

20cent

Banned
The photos of controllers next to certification/testing lab rulers are real.
Maybe we are seeing non-final injection colors, mold texture finish or parts matching; but the colors have not been photoshopped.

However, the lighting, angle and lens distortion would make anything look like crap.

(And the "black edition" rendering is 100% fake of course.)

Last edited:
I actually think both the white and black controllers in the pictures are fake. It makes the black one more believable.
In an age where amateurs can put one person's face over another's as well or better than a Hollywood movie studio? Anything's possible.

Top Bottom