• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma announced, coming to PS3

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wow, sounds like Tager has a midair Tager Driver and an alternate input to Spark Bolt that aims it diagonally.

Fugu

I'd suggest spleunking through DL for the most (relatively) accurate changes, since the SRK article itself is essentially pulling from DL, and the list(at DL) is being revised often to weed out mistakes like that.
I'm reading the Japanese stuff.

Pretty sure the nerfs are system-wide. Litchi looked nerfed CT to CS1, and... well...

Astral

I really hope they change air recovery to holding down the button like in P4A instead of pressing them fast. I got accidentally countered so much because of that shit.

remz

Overdrive stuff sounds pretty cool

Blazblue's take on X-Factor/Ultra Combos clearly. IT'll be interesting to see how much of an effect it has on the flow of fights, we could have some ridiculous awesome comebacks/matches depending on how this mechanic works out. Anything that makes Fuu rin ka zan more usable is a good thing in my book :p

Fugu

I really hope they change air recovery to holding down the button like in P4A instead of pressing them fast. I got accidentally countered so much because of that shit.
This is the secret best change ever. Holy shit. Oh my god. I'm so happy I can't believe it.

Kuugrr

I'm liking a lot of the system changes so far. Seems like good ideas.

Not sure how I feel about Overdrive, but rolling all the Install effects into it is interesting.

Wow

Buffering Bullet's 4th DD might be a little ... difficult.

Now that I think about it, you'll probably have enough time to input after each 720 since I'm assuming it's a multipart DD like Makoto's or Tagers.

Busaiku

Any reports so far on Carl?

What I saw on Dustloop.
1) You can no longer combo after cantabile (lift height is too low)
2)5B on block can't be j.c'd
3)4D sends opponents flying upward
4)2D bounce height lower, but still combo-able
5) Fuoco really fast, comparable to unlimited nirvana fuoco lol
6) 6D hitstop possibly got lower, easier to break from sandwich combos
7) After J5C it's possible to cancel into j2C
8) 3D forces down
9) Anima doesn't cause opponents to bounce

Tizoc

Wow, sounds like Tager has a midair Tager Driver and an alternate input to Spark Bolt that aims it diagonally.

Yes YES YES!
Mid-air grab sounds very effective, KAGUTSUCHI'S SKIES ARE NOW PROTECTED!

...and I got no image worth posting to get the BBCP hype goin' (goes to lurk pixiv)

Some more concrete info on Bullet:

SoWL@Dustloop said:
A friend of mine pointed out this great Bullet write-up, so I couldn't walk away without translating it:
http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi...1344171071/142

5A, 2A – the usual jabs
6A – an overhead, similar to Bang’s 5C
2B – the usual low-hitting kick
5B – a kick, similar to P4U Naoto’s 5B
6B – a kick upwards
5C – a fiery strike forward, may be FC
2C – a long-reaching kick, probably hits low
6C – an ankle strike
3C – a kick after a short delay, hits low

jA – the usual punch
jB – a kick, similar to Hazama’s jB
jC – a strike with both legs, floor-bounces on counter-hit

Drive: Lock-On
Generates a ring around Bullet.
The ring follows the enemy and hits them when they get into it.
If it hits the enemy, Bullet enters the Heat-Up state. It makes the ring bigger and changes some of the moves’ properties.
There seems to be 2 or 3 levels of Heat-Up.

5D – hits mid, but the start-up is very fast
2D – hits low
6D – an overhead
jD – a dive kick, Bullet falls to the ground along with the enemy

Wadcut Engage
A follow-up for the D attacks, blows the enemy away with fire. If it hits, it raises the Heat-Up level. Wall-bounces on counter-hit.

236A – Flint Shooter
Spinning fireball shot. It charges for a moment, and then explodes.

623B – Cutting Shear
A command grab. Seems to have some start-up invul.

41236B - Miquelet Capture
A running grab. Covers about half a screen.

(j)623C – Snap Hans Fist
Bullet makes a low jump and grabs the enemy in midair.

214D – Afterburner
Bullet wraps herself in flames and gains the Heat-Up state.

2363214C – Rage Aggressor
May lack invul frames, since it got interrupted with a jab. Probably can’t follow it up with a combo?

Her regular throws can’t be combo’ed from, but you can follow it up with 5B in the Heat-Up state.

Alas, no info on the seven-spin super yet.

remz

She's another grappler. Aww hell yes. New main get.

Not sure I'm fulling grasping her drive at the moment though.

Set for PS3 but makes no mention of 360, weird.
Japanese people don't like 360 so they probably forgot to mention it? I can't imagine them skipping out on a 360 version considering the series' history

Busaiku

0h8iU.jpg

Here's the character select which I saw on UltraChenTV's chat.

Fugu

The one on the left is a lambda, the one on the right is a mu. I think he's speculating that that's where they would be.

I don't really know what he's basing that on, though.

That character select screen is godlike. It has a lot of room for new characters down the road. The two circles will probably be Mu and Nu.

Some more concrete info on Bullet:

Tager finally gets some company with another grappler.

Won't be playing as her though since i suck at grapplers :( plus that select screen looks awesome and seems to take shape of the game's logo

I honestly don't think they have the roster to be removing characters. It's strange.

I think they are doing it for story purposes since
she's currently out of commission right now.

Would say the same thing for
Nu also since i think she will be back imo

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Looks awesome, can't wait for BlazBlue III.

My preference is Noel's iconic design, but I can deal with her new one.

Haha that is true.

http://andriasang.com/con260/blazblue_net_mode/

Not sure if posted.

That is strange to be only announced for PS3...
Hmm...
In his interview Mori says that the concept of Chrono Phantasma is "Making with a new feeling," meaning the team is treating it as a new title.

The home conversion will have a lot of effort placed into its network mode. Mori teased that if they're able to realize all their goals in this area, they'll end up with something amazing.

Mori also said that he hopes to add lots of gameplay elements to keep players playing. He also gave a nod to the story mode.
Good to know that they aren't sleeping on the series after all these years. I expect ASW to lead the pack in the online department next gen. Can't wait to hear more concrete details about the gameplay and story mode. Persona will surely have some influence on how they handle stories.

Busaiku

I always find it funny that ArcSys spends the most time to deliver the best console game, when it's probably not as important for them as like Capcom or Namco.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I sure hope it's not PS3 only. Through the different versions they've hit PS3, 360, PC, PSP, 3DS, and Vita. It would be very awkward to release the final (?) story game only on one of those.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I saw the Famitsu scan, the label lists only PS3.

Top Bottom