• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma announced, coming to PS3

kirblar

In his interview Mori says that the concept of Chrono Phantasma is "Making with a new feeling," meaning the team is treating it as a new title.

The home conversion will have a lot of effort placed into its network mode. Mori teased that if they're able to realize all their goals in this area, they'll end up with something amazing.

Mori also said that he hopes to add lots of gameplay elements to keep players playing. He also gave a nod to the story mode.
It really, really shows. I can't believe I'm interested in this.

We'll see Lambda and Mu's play style return but it will be story spoilers to find out how. And even though it doesn't sell well on xbox I'm sure we'll see at least a western version of it.

Tizoc

Oh lord will we PLEASE not start speculating and wasting time questioning the console release?
It will come to 360 and if not, it's coming for the next gen X-Box system, there simple as that.

NOW SHOW ME TAGER FOOTAGE ALREADY ARCSYS!

An Amane breakdown from DL:

SoWL@dustloop said:
Another write-up, this time for Amane:
http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi...1344171182/120

5A – a punch that hits a bit higher than the others
6A – an anti-air move
2A – a run-of-the-mill sitting punch
5B – a long-reach move that is good for hitting midair opponents. Builds some nice meter.
6B – an overhead. If the enemy guards it, Amane may fly over them by accident.
2B – a low-hitting attack with good reach.
The C moves are similar to Axl’s chain attacks. The angle changes depending on the directional button pressed, similar to Hazama’s Drive.

Can’t remember any other jumping attacks other than that jC is similar to Hazama’s Drive.

Drive: Spiral
There are 3 levels of the Drill gauge. It increases when you use D moves and decreases over time. The gauge improves the damage of the drill and makes it last longer. At level 3, the drill deals many hits and lasts for about 300 frames (5 seconds).
If you charge the Drill for too long, you can’t use it for a while. His 2D and jD are good anti-airs, but you shouldn’t spam them if you want to use the drill.

5D – attacks forward with a cloth drill on an arm.
2D – thrusts with the drill upward. Probably an anti-air.
6D – a long-lasting attack is performed at a small distance.
jD – a cloth drill on a leg strikes downwards. It seems like you can change the angle of this attack, too.

236D - Ninpusen "Hariken"
By itself, this move simply charges the Drill gauge. If you press A, B or C, Amane summons a drill. The A version summons it right before Amane, the B version summons it a bit farther, and the C version summons it even farther. Pressing D cancels the stance.

623C - Juukendageki "Gekiren"
Summons a cloth punch from underground. The exact distance is not specified.

236C - Chuujuurengeki "Raibu"
A charging attack.

214A/B / 236A/B - Chuujinkaihi "Zettou"
A teleport move. Since it can leave Amane hanging in midair, it’s easy to misuse it.

632146C - Kyouryuutokkou "Seijuurensoukyaku"
A charging DD. Lacks invul frames.

632146D - Kaizokusenkou "Goukairasenrenpa"
This is the trailer DD: Amane summons many drills that follow the enemy. The strength depends on the Drill gauge. Doesn’t have any invul frames, either.

EDIT: Another batch of Amane info:
http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi...1344171182/131

Drill gauge builds up even if you whiff D moves. Probably even with the D super, though they're not sure about that.
6A is the only jump cancel he has.

j2B - Amane loses momentum and falls down with a three-hit drill strike.
j4C - Amane strikes with the scarf diagonally downwards. Not sure whether it can be JC'd.
5C, 2C - two hits with the scarf at a five-character length. Pulls the target in for about one character and staggers for a bit. It doesn't last long enough to run up to them and follow with a combo; maybe with the C super?
6D - The drill is dropped from above about three characters away. NOT an overhead.

236A/B jumps in front of the opponent, while 214A/B jumps behind them. Obviously used for cross-ups, though you can only follow it up with aerial moves. Doing j2B is the most popular option.

Since 5A-5B-5C doesn't chain together, the usual combo for him as of now is 5A-5B-2B-3C/5A-5B/2B-236C. (5A-5B-2B-236C pushes them too far away, so 236C doesn't connect.)

Level 1 Drill into 5A-5B-C super deals about 1500 damage, while Level 3 Drill into the same combo deals about 2500 damage.

And while we're at it, let's translate some Azu-nyan info, since he's the only one without any:
http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi.../1344171130/58

5D applies the red upper mark, which corresponds with the Valiant Charger move.
If you hit it with Valiant Charger, they are carried far away with the wall-bound state.

2D applied the yellow lower mark, which corresponds with the Hornet Chaser move.
If you hit it with Hornet Chaser, the opponent is blown away, open for a combo. Similar to P4U's All-Out Attack.

236D and 214D seem to apply the marks even through guard.

The rest is a bit too disjointed, so I'll leave it until a bigger post appears.

1080p zoomed in is the only "decent" way :x

Noel 2D at 2:00 the fuck

@uploader says 3 more videos coming up

That actually helps, thanks for the tip.

I hope Tager's aerial command throw has at least one quick version, so that it can come out quickly after it's tiger knee'd or something. Atomic Collider's nice for catching people when they jump back, but having a less finicky option would be nice as well.

08_bbcp04.jpg

Yep.

Stark

Banned
Best design change to come out of the series.

Anyway, how did Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift sell in Japan on the 360?

Busaiku

From Famitsu, Calamity Trigger did 33k (with the PS3 being 54k), Continuum Shift did 22k (with PS3 at 66k), and don't have numbers for Continuum Shift Extend, but Media Create didn't have it in the top 50 when it debuted (the 48th game that week sold 10k, the PS3 game at 33k).

While the numbers are lower overall, the ratio between PS3 and 360 for the franchise has been much closer than other games like Street Fighter and Tekken (though the overall sales of those games were of course much higher).

Though (from Famitsu) Persona 4 Arena debuted at 9.3k on 360 (versus 117k on PS3).
That combined with possibly pretty low sales from Continuum Shift Extend may be why it doesn't see a 360 release (if it really doesn't that is).

Stark

Banned
Thanks.

I guess it makes sense to have it as a Japanese exclusive. I think it would be a bad move to not release it multiplatform overseas.

Saw a few of those loketest videos above and Amane actually looks really fun to use. I like how her ranged moves actually end up as knots at the end of her sleeves like she were grabbing her opponents. Bullet also looks really dynamic in her gameplay. Her supers are particularly flashy. I also got to see Bang use dat meterless Steel Rain which was nice to see.
She's using Wii Blaster accessories.
Oh God...

I just noticed how fucking huge her guns are in this picture. It just hit me like a ton of bricks.

damn
i'm excited for the game, but i gotta say this art is really too generic anime for my tastes...
CS art was definitely better. I don't even know how anyone could think otherwise. Story mode art was obviously top tier.

Edit: Dammit her guns are huge there too. I can't unsee it. Curse you, GuardianE. Curse you!

Stark

Banned
Eh I prefer CT and CP's art (same person, right?). I actually thought CS's looked more anime-y and that is up my alley.

Theonik

I just noticed how fucking huge her guns are in this picture. It just hit me like a ton of bricks.

damn
She's obviously compensating.
All joking aside, I think one of the new guns is meant to be a shotgun if the videos are to be believed hence the large size.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Noel's guns have always been huge, they make up for her lack of... guns.

Also is it just me or does the game overall look nicer visually?

Tizoc

Thanks for the Tager vid, as small as it was, Air Tager Buster looks both hilarious and awesome.
Also did Tager get a new air normal?! He did an attack like Hakumen's Jump C from CT.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Jin, Noel.

Kidding, right? Noel and her loops with that gun aren't really beginner friendly
unless you turn Broken--er--"Beginner" mode on in CS1/2 anyway...

Also that changed Noel art does look pregnant. Hazama's trollin' knows no bounds?!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Kidding, right? Noel and her loops with that gun aren't really beginner friendly

Also that changed Noel art does look pregnant. Hazama's trollin' knows no bounds?!

I hope you mean broken as in it's unplayable

T.O.P

Banned
The latest videos contains some cool stuff, also my first impression of the game being slitghly more faster seems to be true...thank god for that

Jin vs Ragna

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjKK1rhHFlM&list=PL44D50B286EC0335B&index=15&feature=plpp_video

Tager Vs Noel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZkSe9rblsQ&list=PL44D50B286EC0335B&index=17&feature=plpp_video

Noel flashy combo at 1:35

Tager's spark bolt can now be shoot diagonally 2:03

Hakumen vs Tager

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P69NoqT0Vz8&list=PL44D50B286EC0335B&index=20&feature=plpp_video

Hakumen looks like a totally new character now :X

By beginner-friendly, I assumed he meant usable and able to do decent damage with the character, not how difficult it is to do the character's best stuff. When I started out, I found Noel simple and intuitive to use.

By beginner-friendly, I assumed he meant usable and able to do decent damage with the character, not how difficult it is to do the character's best stuff. When I started out, I found Noel simple and intuitive to use.
mmmmm
sure you can chain her loops and all to mindfuck a stupid twerp, but...
in a noob vs noob game i think jin is more incisive :X

cj_iwakura

The latest videos contains some cool stuff, also my first impression of the game being slitghly more faster seems to be true...thank god for that

Jin vs Ragna

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjKK1rhHFlM&list=PL44D50B286EC0335B&index=15&feature=plpp_video

Tager Vs Noel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZkSe9rblsQ&list=PL44D50B286EC0335B&index=17&feature=plpp_video

Noel flashy combo at 1:35

Tager's spark bolt can now be shoot diagonally 2:03

Hakumen vs Tager

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P69NoqT0Vz8&list=PL44D50B286EC0335B&index=20&feature=plpp_video

Hakumen looks like a totally new character now :X

What is that shmup on the right in the Jin/Ragna vid?

Top Bottom