• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend |OT| Extended Again

Online always tells me I'm a frame or two late when blocking overheads. That's probably the main reason my idea of defense is never getting put in a position to block.

I'd be all for having a doc with people's IDs. It's getting hard to find matches except for certain parts of the day. And seriously, why do all the JP, NA and EUR players play in one lobby?

well post your PSNs, ill make a non editable document and hide the link in OP. (Ill open up the editing once I've monitored traffic)

PSN: ShadowSoldier89
Time: Evenings and Weekends EST

Heh, sorry. PSN is Burritosapreme, and I don't really have a set time but I'm usually on at some point during the evening so I guess that.

When I get a PS4 I'm definitely getting a new ID. It physically hurts to look at that.

Fugu

Online always tells me I'm a frame or two late when blocking overheads. That's probably the main reason my idea of defense is never getting put in a position to block.

I'd be all for having a doc with people's IDs. It's getting hard to find matches except for certain parts of the day. And seriously, why do all the JP, NA and EUR players play in one lobby?
For a lot of the cast that's a pretty good strategy.

...Not a substitute for blocking altogether but still a pretty good strategy.

Hubb

Anyone picking up a copy of the Vita version? And if so would you be awesome and post your impressions of it. Skullgirls Vita version should be out soon, but if this is a real good port I just might bite.

Naite

well post your PSNs, ill make a non editable document and hide the link in OP. (Ill open up the editing once I've monitored traffic)
PSN: Nthenorm
Time: Mainly evenings/weekends too (mountain time). Don't really play unless someone else makes a room.

Anyone picking up a copy of the Vita version? And if so would you be awesome and post your impressions of it. Skullgirls Vita version should be out soon, but if this is a real good port I just might bite.
I was gonna double dip on a Vita version, but the low stock of physical copies and BBCF announcement turned me off from it. I also didn't like how you can't transfer saves between the different consoles/handheld in this version.

Hubb

I was gonna double dip on a Vita version, but the low stock of physical copies and BBCF announcement turned me off from it. I also didn't like how you can't transfer saves between the different consoles/handheld in this version.

Didn't know that. Not that it it hard to unlock everything I want, it is still annoying.

PSN: Valkyria61

The times I get on can be pretty random but it's mostly the evenings and late at night. I'm in Jersey so I'm east coast, in case you add locations to the document.

I'll be on for the next few hours if anyone wants to play.

EDIT: Man I am 100% in the "Fuck Tsubaki" camp now. 3k damage minimum off of any single stray touch gets old as hell. So does trying to punish slide online. Or trying to whiff punish one of her double B chains and getting counterhit for 3k. Or that she gets an "I get in for free" super. Or that she has a better version of my explosive nail corner oki anywhere on the screen. asdjghshsk

Bullet can bypass some of that with drive but man, I think playing her with Bang might be my least favorite matchup so far. >_>

so I took yesterday off as a break, and today I have some 24 gauge wire and a new wire stripper on the way...so I will be padhacking instead of playing tonight.

My previous padhack was my first ever and was super amateur, hopefully number 2 goes a little better

Ohnonono

Finally got to pick up the Vita version of this. I played a ton of CP mostly playing against the computer and stuff. So far this version is pretty fun. I like Celia a good bit. Sucks it was so expensive but I really enjoy the BB games so I will at least have fun getting as many trophies as I can with this one.

I haven't played many ranked matches, but it still hurts whenever I look at my w/l that my only loss is to Roe. >_>

I think I'm going to pick up Ragna soon. I want another sub and I need another character besides Bullet who can negate lag to an extent.

Fugu

Been back at it for a week or so, really curious to play some GAFers again since I basically missed CP completely.

Some thoughts:
- The "Bad Bang" meta is even funnier than the "Bad Tager" meta of CS and CT. Today I watched a guy whiff three guard points in a row hoping to catch me failing to punish his guard point properly. I've got to believe these players are less successful than their Tager counterparts though since even with four seals the super isn't impossible to avoid (and they're probably running a huge health deficit to get there).
- Amane has a lot of gimmicks. Like, more gimmicks than actual strategies. He seems more popular than good. Platinum too although with less gimmicks and stronger regular stuff.
- Hazama is strong? I think? Can someone who plays Hazama weigh in on the Litchi-Hazama matchup? This has always been bad for Litchi but I find it especially difficult in this version.
- Litchi is fine. Her damage is low but her tools are great. Still not sure how to use OD constructively though, and getting it by mistake basically costs me the round right now. One change that's hitting me really hard is that you don't get the staff back now if you get hit while calling it back unless you used four winds. This is a huge change.
- I am most happy to see that Ragna no longer constitutes half of the matches that I play. Jin seems pretty well-used still, while Ragna is barely on my radar.
- Is Makoto garbage again?

EDIT: I've also noticed people not really using whatever you call the move bound to AB (the pseudo-unblockable) and I'm wondering why that is since it seems like everyone gets a gajillion damage off of it and their combination of traits hardly make them unusable.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Been back at it for a week or so, really curious to play some GAFers again since I basically missed CP completely.

Some thoughts:
- The "Bad Bang" meta is even funnier than the "Bad Tager" meta of CS and CT. Today I watched a guy whiff three guard points in a row hoping to catch me failing to punish his guard point properly. I've got to believe these players are less successful than their Tager counterparts though since even with four seals the super isn't impossible to avoid (and they're probably running a huge health deficit to get there).
- Amane has a lot of gimmicks. Like, more gimmicks than actual strategies. He seems more popular than good. Platinum too although with less gimmicks and stronger regular stuff.
- Hazama is strong? I think? Can someone who plays Hazama weigh in on the Litchi-Hazama matchup? This has always been bad for Litchi but I find it especially difficult in this version.
- Litchi is fine. Her damage is low but her tools are great. Still not sure how to use OD constructively though, and getting it by mistake basically costs me the round right now. One change that's hitting me really hard is that you don't get the staff back now if you get hit while calling it back unless you used four winds. This is a huge change.
- I am most happy to see that Ragna no longer constitutes half of the matches that I play. Jin seems pretty well-used still, while Ragna is barely on my radar.
- Is Makoto garbage again?

EDIT: I've also noticed people not really using whatever you call the move bound to AB (the pseudo-unblockable) and I'm wondering why that is since it seems like everyone gets a gajillion damage off of it and their combination of traits hardly make them unusable.

Hazama is S+
Makoto is A, Makoto is now hard to play tier now as well though. They basically powered her up at the cost of making her more technical.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
so who isnt a bitch to play now in your opinion?

Not sure if Tsubaki actually got harder to play or not and she is good now, Jin is still Jin, Hakumen is still hakumen, Tager is actually good now and well it's Tager, Ragna is still Ragna. Celica is easy to play and Terumi too but they both suck.

My easy to play list pretty much stops there LOL

Not sure if Tsubaki actually got harder to play or not and she is good now, Jin is still Jin, Hakumen is still hakumen, Tager is actually good now and well it's Tager, Ragna is still Ragna. Celica is easy to play and Terumi too but they both suck.

yea...that sounds about right from my (less veteran) experience as well

Ive only ever really played Noel and Makoto, and both are just killing me this time around

The "Bad Bang" meta is even funnier than the "Bad Tager" meta of CS and CT. Today I watched a guy whiff three guard points in a row hoping to catch me failing to punish his guard point properly. I've got to believe these players are less successful than their Tager counterparts though since even with four seals the super isn't impossible to avoid (and they're probably running a huge health deficit to get there).

I don't want to be "that guy" but I hate watching/playing other Bangs online. I like to think I at least try to play smart in neutral but they always go straight YOLO from round 1. I'm always left wondering if that's how I look to other people. >_> It's honestly a really bad idea to mash drive into drive with him now. The only move that was even feasible with in CP was 2D, but it's no longer jump-cancellable on block so it's a horrible idea to abuse it.

As for the A+B guardcrush, Bang's has horrible range and is only really viable in optimal FRKZ stuff. I use Bullet's in blockstrings since taking away IAD jD crossups hurt her mixup game and I need to open people up somehow.

New Makoto is a toss-up for me. I love her new combo routes in the sense that they're fun to do and look at, but damn if they aren't hard as hell online. I've kinda just accepted that my Makoto plateaued at mediocre in CPEX. I would have to ignore all the other characters I play to get her to a level I'm satisfied with and then I'd just end up getting salty as hell anyways because her drive is ass online.

Fugu

Tsubaki's neutral seems a lot more straightforward. Before you had to weigh charging against oki and that was stupid.

I can't believe it's 2015 and people are still skipping the intros online. I don't understand how they don't notice all the syncing going on at that time.

Wow, I wasn't expecting the game to automatically mute the music if you start using Spotify. This is the first game I have that I've seen do this. That could just be a symptom of how little PS4 games I have though.

HolyDiver199

Neo Member

game isn't out in EU yet

game isn't out in EU yet

I'm presuming some of them are on one of the other versions like how a good portion of the NA players are on the JP release of Extend. Then again all my assumptions are based on the amount of 0 bars I see relative to how many I saw in vanilla CP. CPEX's netcode overall seems worse so who knows, could just be that.

Finally got Mak's new midscreen BNB down. My wrist hurts from getting the damn part down after the orb. So many fast inputs x.x/

Honestly since it looks like it doesn't have a microdash I'd probably prefer that one. Does it work at max 5CC range or do you have to be right next to them?

Also, on a lark I decided to try the DSware Blazblue game, Clonephantasma. Unsurprisingly it was pretty awful and I recommend everyone stay as far away from it as possible.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Honestly since it looks like it doesn't have a microdash I'd probably prefer that one. Does it work at max 5CC range or do you have to be right next to them?

Also, on a lark I decided to try the DSware Blazblue game, Clonephantasma. Unsurprisingly it was pretty awful and I recommend everyone stay as far away from it as possible.
Works at max 5cc range but a good chunk of the cast you need to 66 5c after the orb.

If your execution is bad stick with 2d (2) 214a~b 5b, 6a,

Works at max 5cc range but a good chunk of the cast you need to 66 5c after the orb.

If your execution is bad stick with 2d (2) 214a~b 5b, 6a,

The route I use is 2D (2) 236A~D 66 5B 6A, or 66 5C 6C 5D when near the corner. I can do microdashes, I just don't like to, ha. I'll try out the other route when my new stick comes in later this week.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
After borrowing my friend's PS4 and the game from the library, I finally got around playing this. Mostly for the story because my stick doesn't work. So far I've completed Kokonoe's and Remix Heart extra scenarios. Kokonoe's is nothing remarkable as everything that transpired we knew from before. Remix Heart started pretty bad but I finished it with a lot of questions.
Why is Kajun working with Kokonoe?
If Kagura's and Bullet's extra stories are as bad as Kokonoe's, then it seems like such a waste to make Remix Heart so short in comparison. Overall I'm just really glad I get to play this basically for free. :)

Naite

After borrowing my friend's PS4 and the game from the library, I finally got around playing this. Mostly for the story because my stick doesn't work. So far I've completed Kokonoe's and Remix Heart extra scenarios. Kokonoe's is nothing remarkable as everything that transpired we knew from before. Remix Heart started pretty bad but I finished it with a lot of questions.
Why is Kajun working with Kokonoe?
If Kagura's and Bullet's extra stories are as bad as Kokonoe's, then it seems like such a waste to make Remix Heart so short in comparison. Overall I'm just really glad I get to play this basically for free. :)

I feel like Remix Heart story was put in just as extra filler content for this game. It's different from the manga but that wasn't too memorable either besides the fanservice. I vaguely remember the Remix Heart plot but
Kajun's implied to be from Sector Seven. In the manga there was an item that showed the holder's true form and her's was in a lab coat standing next to Kokonoe. There was another item that showed future versions of all the characters (Noel, Makoto, and Tsubaki were in all their BBCS outfits+Mu and Izayoi) and Kajun was in a labcoat again.

I felt like Kokonoe's story was the worst of the 3 new scenarios, mostly cause it's the longest and a retread of a story already told but with Azrael's role thrown in at the end, which made it more interesting. Bullet's wasn't much better either because not much occurs but it's short and Kagura's is a nice way to tie in a bunch of events before BBCP.

mpgeist

If anyone wants some free wins sometime, my PSN is MP_Geist. I like to play Bullet, but I'm not very good at all.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
That was it?

It took me around 4 hours to finish all the Extend story modes + Remix Heart. Bullet's story didn't even had a conclusion jesus christ.

Hubb

That was it?

It took me around 4 hours to finish all the Extend story modes + Remix Heart. Bullet's story didn't even had a conclusion jesus christ.

Well I haven't finished the story portion, but doesn't that make sense? There is going to be another game so I'm not surprised they end things on a cliff hanger. That's what they did in Calamity Trigger if I remember correctly.

So the deal I had for a new stick went bust, so I decided to dig out a used Hitbox I bought last year that didn't work. After some fiddling around with it I found out that the problem was the USB cable, so I replaced that and lo and behold it works fine now. BB feels weird as hell, though. Microdashes and IADs are stupidly easy now, but I'm having some problems with other motions. Tiger Knees and half circle motions are finicky because I go too fast and skip over the 2 and 6 inputs respectively, and the down up down motion for Bang's instant cape is really hard to do with an upback. I have to hit the up button with my right hand and since that's the only motion I need to do that for it feels incredibly awkward.

I dunno if I'll stick with it, but atm it's my only option so I can't be picky. I'll have to play some real matches and see if it affects my defense at all. IBing will probably be a problem for the first few days.

cj_iwakura

Tsubaki definitely became harder to play, but it feels like the changes they made to Jin in CS. Harder to play but more rewarding to master.

so I spent the last two weeks with a half soldered stick and just played FFXI. Hopefully I can find the motivation to finish the stick tonight and get back to playing

just watned to say im back.

Top Bottom