• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend |OT| Extended Again

I decided to drop the hitbox experiment. The time put into it is not translating into progress, and it's getting too demoralizing losing so many matches because my hands can't process what my brain is trying to tell them. Ended up buying a crummy stick off of my friend for 30 bucks that has 3 buttons that don't work, but at least I can still use my ABCD layout.

I decided to drop the hitbox experiment. The time put into it is not translating into progress, and it's getting too demoralizing losing so many matches because my hands can't process what my brain is trying to tell them. Ended up buying a crummy stick off of my friend for 30 bucks that has 3 buttons that don't work, but at least I can still use my ABCD layout.
id take that just to have something, especially if its jsut the buttons that are broken and can be replaced.

Sony's shit with fightsticks is pissing me off, and Skullgirls solution (though admirable) isnt really amazing due to the input lag

Finally got my first hatemail in CPEX. Honestly surprised it took this long. It was from a Platinum who complained about how much I was DPing and grabbing with Kagura. Told him I would stop if he blocked or punished. Then he responded by saying in a wall of text that my playstyle was in ill taste and that I should be ashamed of myself.

I forgot how fun this stuff can be. Kinda weird it was to my Kagura and not a character I'm actually good with though. >_>

Finally got my first hatemail in CPEX. Honestly surprised it took this long. It was from a Platinum who complained about how much I was DPing and grabbing with Kagura. Told him I would stop if he blocked or punished. Then he responded by saying in a wall of text that my playstyle was in ill taste and that I should be ashamed of myself.

I forgot how fun this stuff can be. Kinda weird it was to my Kagura and not a character I'm actually good with though. >_>
its funny, I played Marie in P4U and never got hatemail, I got like 4-5 reverse hatemail though. "Wow, actually a good marie, I'm so used to j.C > 5AAAA"

its funny, I played Marie in P4U and never got hatemail, I got like 4-5 reverse hatemail though. "Wow, actually a good marie, I'm so used to j.C > 5AAAA"

I guess it depends on who you play. In P4AU when I play Labrys people are generally very complimentary and quick to give advice when you ask. When I play Kanji though I have NO friends, lol.

IronLich

So I'm hellbent on playing Celica. I have some BnBs down, but I was wondering if people had any good ideas for when you're on the ropes forced to play defense. Feels like she doesn't have any spectacular reversals on tap, unless there is something I haven't tried.

So I'm hellbent on playing Celica. I have some BnBs down, but I was wondering if people had any good ideas for when you're on the ropes forced to play defense. Feels like she doesn't have any spectacular reversals on tap, unless there is something I haven't tried.
Celica's options seem really bad under pressure, I dont play her though and havent played against her much so I cant really help you

I finally beat Noel Challenge 18, that microdash is going to haunt me

With meter her reversals are good. The super is safe on block and DP->rapid is always a good option. Her backdash is pretty good as well. I'm not quite sure how her DP works, but simply having one gives her an option some of the cast doesn't have.

first time I've ever decided to go after these
EiWkOqT.jpg

nrHPBDN.jpg
Noel challenge 17 and 18 were awful, 20 (with the combo I followed) just required this awkward invisible jump cancel into overdrive to get full overdrive meter

So, probably an annoying request so I apologize in advance, but could anyone tell me what settings I should use in training and where they are if I'm trying to practice punishing roll teching? I'm on the JP version, and I went to go look at the menu translations on DL but they aren't there anymore.

cj_iwakura

Officially signed up for Extend at CEOTaku. Considering how much I hate the Tsubaki changes, I'll probably die horribly, but whatever.

I'm going for Catherine and Chaos Code. That'll be hype.

So, probably an annoying request so I apologize in advance, but could anyone tell me what settings I should use in training and where they are if I'm trying to practice punishing roll teching? I'm on the JP version, and I went to go look at the menu translations on DL but they aren't there anymore.
how do you want to set it up, I could just take some screenshots of the english menu for you for reference as well

how do you want to set it up, I could just take some screenshots of the english menu for you for reference as well

I want the dummy to delay its wakeup and have its tech/roll options be randomized, while blocking the first hit of a string only. Screenshots would be fine, I don't mind fiddling around with the options once I know what they are. I just don't want to change a bunch of stuff and get confused.

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it.

I want the dummy to delay its wakeup and have its tech/roll options be randomized, while blocking the first hit of a string only. Screenshots would be fine, I don't mind fiddling around with the options once I know what they are. I just don't want to change a bunch of stuff and get confused.

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate it.
This should cover you

Tapping right between options

Enemy Stance
  1. Standing
  2. Crouching
  3. Jumping
Blocking
  1. None
  2. Everything
  3. After First Hit
  4. First Hit Only
  5. Random
Block Switching
  1. Disabled
  2. Enabled
Block Type
  1. Normal
  2. Instant Block
  3. Barrier
  4. Instant Barrier
  5. Random
Aerial Roll
  1. Neutral
  2. Forward
  3. Backward
  4. Random
  5. Disabled
Emergency Roll
  1. Enabled
  2. Random
  3. Disabled
Wake-Up
  1. Neutral
  2. Forward
  3. Backward
  4. Quick
  5. Random
  6. Disabled
Throw Escape
  1. Do Not Escape
  2. Escape
  3. Only if taking damage
  4. Random
Stagger Recovery
  1. Enabled
  2. Random
  3. Disabled

im still trying to get execution going, Extend is such a bitch for me. Ive started sacrificing damage for more consistent combos, which makes me sad, but at least I can play online this way

Yeah, the main reason I sub Bullet is so I have a character I can fall back on when my hands aren't doing what I tell them to do, and even she has stuff that's unnecessarily hard now. Bang is about as hard as he was in CP while Makoto's optimal stuff is way harder. I hope they scale back execution-wise when Central Fiction rolls around. I'm all for tighter combos but it's a little too much this go around, imo.

Yeah, the main reason I sub Bullet is so I have a character I can fall back on when my hands aren't doing what I tell them to do, and even she has stuff that's unnecessarily hard now. Bang is about as hard as he was in CP while Makoto's optimal stuff is way harder. I hope they scale back execution-wise when Central Fiction rolls around. I'm all for tighter combos but it's a little too much this go around, imo.
yea, definitely, I dont even want to try Makoto (my old sub) at this point. I do really hope that CF goes back to being more like CP in execution requirements.

Some people are saying that there is less hitstun and its sped up again though...so it could end up being worse.

cj_iwakura

Only if you still have vanilla. :p I'm gonna have to pick up EX before October at some point, I suppose. (Not a soul replied to the CEOTaku thread, guess the hype is(n't) real.)

RoeBear

PS3 still hates reading discs. :/ I should have it running soon. The Vita version doesn't connect to the console one, does it?
I have vita version of that one as well. I could actually use some help sometime getting the last trophies for that one. I only need Carl Makoto and Hakumen trophies.

cj_iwakura

I have vita version of that one as well. I could actually use some help sometime getting the last trophies for that one. I only need Carl Makoto and Hakumen trophies.

We can try later if that's preferable. (Heh, finally got it going)

I have the JP of the console version and the US Vita one(which was how I did the story). I think the only one I'm even close to a plat on is Calamity Trigger.

MrDoctor

Good games, guys. cj's Tsubaki was impressive. Hope I didn't look too dumb.

Lag was really tripping us both up at the end. That was unfortunate.

RoeBear

I just got done playing some extend with roebear, I still cant execute in this game for shit though. Roe plays carl, which is always surprising. That corner pressure
I always feel like a jerk with Carl. I like acting like a jerk in this game since I'm a big softie irl.

cj_iwakura

Good games, guys. cj's Tsubaki was impressive. Hope I didn't look too dumb.

Lag was really tripping us both up at the end. That was unfortunate.

Is Arakune your main? I have no idea how to use him, but it seemed like you weren't laying on the pressure like you could've...

And I totally need to upload that Hazama/Tsubaki match, I play like that once in a lifetime.

I always feel like a jerk with Carl. I like acting like a jerk in this game since I'm a big softie irl.

I'm getting used to your Carl. Your Relius is a serious jerk, which is more in character. :p
(Then again, Carl is kind of a jerk in CT...)

Deimo5

Story mode along with some other stuff needs to be downloaded from the ps store, but there's nothing there. Am I seeing this right? Just got it from New Zealand so going by EU store.

Story mode along with some other stuff needs to be downloaded from the ps store, but there's nothing there. Am I seeing this right? Just got it from New Zealand so going by EU store.
the whole game should be on the store as one thing. Im NA though so not sure if there is some weird difference in EU

Top Bottom