• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend |OT| Extended Again

RoeBear

Lol no idea what you said as I have the Japanese version so quick messages are not in English.I'm going to assume you said close, or strong...

Tularensis

Neo Member
Damn Vanilla, why you even fuckin around with Ragna with that Noel? Also, it looks like Roe finally knocked off the Carl rust. Crazy character.

RoeBear

Damn Vanilla, why you even fuckin around with Ragna with that Noel? Also, it looks like Roe finally knocked off the Carl rust. Crazy character.
Mixups and pressure. I'm dropping stuff like crazy with Vanilla, guess it's the ps3 to ps4 connection idk?

we have another Noel player? I need to drop the central fiction induced rust and relearn to play CPE for now.

If one of you are playing on PS4 u should stream lobbies (or if u have a setup to stream PS3)

I only put some time into training with Noel earlier today. Yesterday I messed around a bit with Ragna in training which is why I was using him.

Mixups and pressure. I'm dropping stuff like crazy with Vanilla, guess it's the ps3 to ps4 connection idk?

I don't have the best internet but the connection feels pretty good to me.

we have another Noel player? I need to drop the central fiction induced rust and relearn to play CPE for now.

If one of you are playing on PS4 u should stream lobbies (or if u have a setup to stream PS3)

Me.

Started maining her in BBCSEX or BBCP? I can't remember which. Before that I played a mish mash of characters, mostly Ragna though.

Room is still up, I take it?

Yep.

Dang I psyched myself up a lot for that tornado!!!

lol, that was straight "welcome back to Blazblue" status. In general should I barrier or normal block Carl pressure? I feel like barrier is negated by Nirvana, but normal blocking's frame advantage is negated by the fact that I'm an idiot and try to poke out at the wrong time.

RoeBear

lol, that was straight "welcome back to Blazblue" status. In general should I barrier or normal block Carl pressure? I feel like barrier is negated by Nirvana, but normal blocking's frame advantage is negated by the fact that I'm an idiot and try to poke out at the wrong time.

Nirvana has to be barrier blocked in the air when she claps or does con furio (fingernail poke). Even I'm not good when fighting against a Carl as shown when Rhap uses him.
That astral should have hit.

Saltyness levels rising.

Lol the luck is strong in me.

Tularensis

Neo Member
GGs you guys, thanks for the super long set of matches. I'd like to think I learned a lot, but I spent most of the time just getting waxed lol. I'm gonna go back and watch some of these replays to see if I can find some of the less obvious patterns in my approach that was getting me blown up. On defense I know most of my weaknesses, but on offense I'm missing a lot of opportunities on hit, and I could be doing more to open people up.

Feels good to play BB again, and Roe's seriously making me wanna learn Relius.

RoeBear

GGs you guys, thanks for the super long set of matches. I'd like to think I learned a lot, but I spent most of the time just getting waxed lol. I'm gonna go back and watch some of these replays to see if I can find some of the less obvious patterns in my approach that was getting me blown up. On defense I know most of my weaknesses, but on offense I'm missing a lot of opportunities on hit, and I could be doing more to open people up.

Feels good to play BB again, and Roe's seriously making me wanna learn Relius.

Go for it he's really fun to play as and you don't have to worry that much about doll placement like you do for Carl.

first double post sorry...

GGs. I forget how much I miss this game until I play it again. I'm gonna be on more in prep for the Steam release so if anyone ever wants a few matches just hit me up.

Fugu

I actually can't imagine going back to CPE after playing CF. It's a much better game. Litchi's changes were also pretty drastic so I might not even be able to if I wanted to.

Hibiki's some shit though. He is so crazy popular, like he's united the Ragna and the Noel players under a single banner.

I actually can't imagine going back to CPE after playing CF. It's a much better game. Litchi's changes were also pretty drastic so I might not even be able to if I wanted to.

Hibiki's some shit though. He is so crazy popular, like he's united the Ragna and the Noel players under a single banner.
noel stopped being popular a long time ago...and shes sitting at the bottom of the CF tier list so thats not changing

Fugu

noel stopped being popular a long time ago...and shes sitting at the bottom of the CF tier list so thats not changing
Well, tier placement has never really had a profound effect on character popularity, at least in America -- hello, Tager -- and Noel has always been reasonably popular.

...But at the places I play here, Hibiki is getting something like 30% of the total playtime on most machines.

Marz

Well, tier placement has never really had a profound effect on character popularity, at least in America -- hello, Tager -- and Noel has always been reasonably popular.

...But at the places I play here, Hibiki is getting something like 30% of the total playtime on most machines.

Show me the receipts.

Fugu

Show me the receipts.
Alright, I'll take a picture the next time I see it but don't hold your breath since it only shows character play percentages when nobody's playing, and I'm usually not there when nobody's playing.

On the machine I played on yesterday he was at a far more reasonable 15% but still at the top. He is never not at the top.

I expect once act 3 is out we get a console announcement. My guess is september for japan. Really hoping that its nota long delay for NA. They have been on point now for both GG releases

Fugu

I'm moving back to Canada in October. If it's not out by then, I'll probably go back to not playing. ASW's aversion to money is mind-boggling.

I'm moving back to Canada in October. If it's not out by then, I'll probably go back to not playing. ASW's aversion to money is mind-boggling.

Someone I know mentioned it might be 2 months between releases. So Act 2 just came out, another 2 months for Act 3, and another 2 months for JPN console release. Then I would imagine however fast Aksys can translate for NA release.

Sorry EU in advance.

edit: Fugu, have you tried out Izanami yet? I'm going to check it out today but wanted to see if you had first hand experience first. She seems interesting.

Fugu

Someone I know mentioned it might be 2 months between releases. So Act 2 just came out, another 2 months for Act 3, and another 2 months for JPN console release. Then I would imagine however fast Aksys can translate for NA release.

Sorry EU in advance.

edit: Fugu, have you tried out Izanami yet? I'm going to check it out today but wanted to see if you had first hand experience first. She seems interesting.
I haven't played as her (my attitude towards playing as characters that aren't Litchi is the same in the arcade as it is on consoles) but I've played against her a bunch. My experience is very much defined by the fact that she's a new character and people have no idea what to do with her or her tools. So far the best player I've played against using her has figured out how to get 3k and decent knockdown in the corner but has no game plan for actually getting you there so it's basically like playing on sparring mode. Personally? I have no idea what this character is supposed to play like. It would surprise me very much if she were anywhere near as good as Nine, who is my pick for strongest character in the game right now, or even Hibiki.

Her reversal super has a pretty great hitbox though.

I haven't played as her (my attitude towards playing as characters that aren't Litchi is the same in the arcade as it is on consoles) but I've played against her a bunch. My experience is very much defined by the fact that she's a new character and people have no idea what to do with her or her tools. So far the best player I've played against using her has figured out how to get 3k and decent knockdown in the corner but has no game plan for actually getting you there so it's basically like playing on sparring mode. Personally? I have no idea what this character is supposed to play like. It would surprise me very much if she were anywhere near as good as Nine, who is my pick for strongest character in the game right now, or even Hibiki.

Her reversal super has a pretty great hitbox though.

Ah... So no interest in trying any other character, eh? Either way, not sure what I think of her yet. She has potential to be good though.

Fugu

Ah... So no interest in trying any other character, eh? Either way, not sure what I think of her yet. She has potential to be good though.
I am far too accustomed to Litchi's tools to even consider playing as another character. I respect that there are people who can switch but I'm not one of them.

I haven't seen her played since the first couple of days after her release. I don't know if this is normal or not for mid-revision characters, to be honest. You're in California, right? AFAIK that's the only place in the States that has CF.

so i now realize that tsubaki reminds me of hazama with how quickly she can get in your face

i have no answers
She doesn't have Hazama's pokes or his meter gain. You can afford to play a lot more dangerously against Tsubaki; you just need to respect shoulder charge and her defensive options.

so i now realize that tsubaki reminds me of hazama with how quickly she can get in your face

i have no answers

You got a bit predictable with the bubbles. Once I figured out that my 3CC and shoulder tackle can get through the bubbles on reaction, it was a free hit for me. Try not to throw those out so much. Also, try green barriering more against Tsubaki. She either has to charge cancel, take a gamble with a special (unless she has charges), or reset the match.

I am far too accustomed to Litchi's tools to even consider playing as another character. I respect that there are people who can switch but I'm not one of them.

I haven't seen her played since the first couple of days after her release. I don't know if this is normal or not for mid-revision characters, to be honest. You're in California, right? AFAIK that's the only place in the States that has CF.

Ah, I see. And yeah, I'm in California. I feel very fortunate to be able to play CF. Although it's not that great for my wallet since I get bodied left and right. It got me playing BB again though.

Ah, I see. And yeah, I'm in California. I feel very fortunate to be able to play CF. Although it's not that great for my wallet since I get bodied left and right. It got me playing BB again though.
whats it costing you to play? Playing in japan felt super cheap, especially on 50 yen machines

Fugu

whats it costing you to play? Playing in japan felt super cheap, especially on 50 yen machines
I have never seen a 50 yen BB machine. In fact, BO5 100 yen machines have been replaced by BO3 100 yen machines in some places. Where did you play that at it was 50 yen? This could save me... a lot of money.

You got a bit predictable with the bubbles. Once I figured out that my 3CC and shoulder tackle can get through the bubbles on reaction, it was a free hit for me. Try not to throw those out so much. Also, try green barriering more against Tsubaki. She either has to charge cancel, take a gamble with a special (unless she has charges), or reset the match.
Bubbles are hot garbage against grounded opponents in most matchups. It's a very slow projectile with very low priority and high startup. Against any character with a projectile, a move that beats projectiles, or a low profile move, it's basically too dangerous against grounded opponents.

I have never seen a 50 yen BB machine. In fact, BO5 100 yen machines have been replaced by BO3 100 yen machines in some places. Where did you play that at it was 50 yen? This could save me... a lot of money.
A-cho in kyoto, their main line of BB machines was all 50 yen.

these ones actually, took a pic the one day
rZsu0Zi.jpg

and hey, this pic I took during a tournament, you can actually see the 50 yen tag

Bubbles are hot garbage against grounded opponents in most matchups. It's a very slow projectile with very low priority and high startup. Against any character with a projectile, a move that beats projectiles, or a low profile move, it's basically too dangerous against grounded opponents.

It sure feels like it. Are the bubbles almost impossible to DP during wake up set up though? I was trying to test that out and just kept eating the bubble.

A-cho in kyoto, their main line of BB machines was all 50 yen.

these ones actually, took a pic the one day

and hey, this pic I took during a tournament, you can actually see the 50 yen tag

I'm so jealous. Both the price and the amount of cabs. We just have 4 cabs that are connected to each other (so really... just 2 set ups).

I'm so jealous. Both the price and the amount of cabs. We just have 4 cabs that are connected to each other (so really... just 2 set ups).
A-cho has nothing on HEY. If I remember correctly this was 17 setups, 34 cabs. Also im pretty sure this is where Fugu plays. I wish I could still play, but I'm back in pittsburgh, where our blazblue scene is 3 people, so of course no one even considering importing cabs

A-cho has nothing on HEY. If I remember correctly this was 17 setups, 34 cabs. Also im pretty sure this is where Fugu plays. I wish I could still play, but I'm back in pittsburgh, where our blazblue scene is 3 people, so of course no one even considering importing cabs

That's my dream world.

Nesica cards are freaking expensive here too. They're $8. IIRC, they should be 100 yen in Japan, right? I lost my first one and was pretty upset about it.

That's my dream world.

Nesica cards are freaking expensive here too. They're $8. IIRC, they should be 100 yen in Japan, right? I lost my first one and was pretty upset about it.
300 yen...I have an extra one too, paid 500 yen for the Blazblue one as a souvenir

those prices are frustrating, especially the 1.50 per game, im just glad its happening somewhere in the states. I would love to see arcades push back into the US. Dave and busters clearly will never get the market we would need for fighters, but even a new "arcade" we have here called victory pointe isnt doing well, despite having an attractive pricing model where you just pay 10 buck entry and get unlimited access to cabs. Maybe its just because their cabs are mostly older though.

Top Bottom