• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend |OT| Extended Again

cj_iwakura

You're in town? FIGHT ME

(I live in Tokyo now)
I'm going to Akihabara again for my last day tomorrow. HEY sound good? What time? Keep in mind I only have Wi-Fi at the inn.
Also, after fighting an Izanami at Nakano Broadway? She can burn in hell.

So remember how we were discussing Nine? Here's a great clip of me getting bopped: https://twitter.com/kasouinshell/status/718322698045231105

Nothing but love for Kasou though.
That was nice pressure from Kasou. Much better than the usual overhead rock mixups I see over and over.

I expect Nine to be near the bottom of the cast in the next revision. She's got too many upsides right now and they make her stick out like a sore thumb in the otherwise mostly balanced cast.

What's funny is I never see people put her as top 5.

Oemenia

Banned
Quick question guys, do the newest console releases (X1, PS4) have all the story stuff from the previous games? If not which is the best release for both storyline and singleplayer modes?

Quick question guys, do the newest console releases (X1, PS4) have all the story stuff from the previous games? If not which is the best release for both storyline and singleplayer modes?
Continuum Shift Extend has Calamity trigger's story in a simplified form, then its own story. Chrono Phantasma Extend then has the latest story. So if you wanted to get fully caught up on the main games you would get those two releases.

cj_iwakura

So uh, I just grabbed CPEX since I had a discount. Setting up now. (Yeah I know, PS3 version too.)

I hate Tsubaki in this, but maybe she'll grow on me. I can't wait for her CF variation. Hit me up if anyone wants to help me break it in.

At least I can play Remix Heart and deck out the room!

I really need to parse down my BB collection. At very least I could do without my Asian CP and vanilla CS, probably.

cj_iwakura

Remix Heart seems like kind of a ... weak addition. Did they add anything else to CPEX? Oh yeah, the character scenarios, I knew there was something. Hope I don't have to dig through story mode again... the OP reminded me of the story mode: nothing really happens.

The My Room feature is great, spent like half an hour decking it out.

Remix Heart seems like kind of a ... weak addition. Did they add anything else to CPEX? Oh yeah, the character scenarios, I knew there was something. Hope I don't have to dig through story mode again... the OP reminded me of the story mode: nothing really happens.

The My Room feature is great, spent like half an hour decking it out.
a lot happened in CP's story mode though. There is a new epilogue, you can basically skip everything to get to it, takes like 15 minutes with fast forward. The new character stories were better additions. Remix heart definitely wasnt to meaningful, will matter more if Mai becomes playable

cj_iwakura

a lot happened in CP's story mode though. There is a new epilogue, you can basically skip everything to get to it, takes like 15 minutes with fast forward. The new character stories were better additions. Remix heart definitely wasnt to meaningful, will matter more if Mai becomes playable
The new characters were meaningless, especially Amane and Bullet.

The new characters were meaningless, especially Amane and Bullet.
in the main story yea, I'm saying the new extend stories are better than remix heart as far as additions go. Kokonoe's was the best one, amane doesnt get one. Hes also not a real player in the story until central fiction

I find Bullet interesting for what she brings to Tager's backstory, though I haven't tried the new scenarios in CPEX so I don't know if they touch on that. Azrael always felt like he was there simply to be a B-villain so everyone wasn't dealing with Terumi for the entire story again. He'll probably have a bigger role in CF, if they write around his end in CPEX efficiently (which they won't, since it's ArcSys and everything is complicated and makes no sense.) Amane always felt like he was intended to be a cameo for a bigger spot later on. He definitely felt tacked on in CP/CPEX though.

I find Bullet interesting for what she brings to Tager's backstory, though I haven't tried the new scenarios in CPEX so I don't know if they touch on that. Azrael always felt like he was there simply to be a B-villain so everyone wasn't dealing with Terumi for the entire story again. He'll probably have a bigger role in CF, if they write around his end in CPEX efficiently (which they won't, since it's ArcSys and everything is complicated and makes no sense.) Amane always felt like he was intended to be a cameo for a bigger spot later on. He definitely felt tacked on in CP/CPEX though.
you wont be geting real deep into tager's backstory and bullet until central fiction. Without trying to spoil it, I was surprised with the path they took and as well as intrigued. Ending of that arc is still unknown until console release of course

cj_iwakura

Slowly acclimating myself to CPE Tsubaki... I can't wait for CF, though. Her changes are yum.

My Room was the best idea.

cj_iwakura

Do you think they're going to do Central Fiction without a dub? That would really, REALLY deflate my hype. I vastly prefer most of the dub cast.

Do you think they're going to do Central Fiction without a dub? That would really, REALLY deflate my hype. I vastly prefer most of the dub cast.
well theres estimated a 3 month gap between JP release and NA, so they won't have the same excuse they had for GGXrd. I'd be pissed, moreso than I am about GG

RoeBear

JP versions only had battle dubs, no?

That would be enough to get us an answer. However at this point aksys should just say something. Waiting until just before revelator release was a dick move
I guess they had to keep those pre order numbers.? I just wish there was less of a delay between region releases.

cj_iwakura

CP Extend side tourney at CEO:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mV9dsnaOzteZmfSEzJdhMdsML3XDX_VWqTrmPD03LXY/edit

Gonna get bodied, but I signed up. why Dogura. why.

m8lYy.png

So this is $15 on PSN and I haven't played one of these since CS Extend on Vita, is this a good time to buy this?
I tend to play these offline. I'm just curious how much has been added/removed since I last played one of these.

Kikirin

So this is $15 on PSN and I haven't played one of these since CS Extend on Vita, is this a good time to buy this?
I tend to play these offline. I'm just curious how much has been added/removed since I last played one of these.

If your last one was CS Extend, then I would say it's worth it. I don't typically bother with the single player stuff, so the following probably doesn't cover everything. But there's a beefy continuation to the story, additional side stories added, revamped game mechanics and character changes, and all the new BBCP characters to mess around with at the very least.

Z3M0G

Was just checking out this review and saw the intro video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW6Id9-_9no

That is a lot of awesome hand-drawn anime in the intro... is any of that actually integrated into the story mode by chance? Like, WOW What a waste if it isn't...

If it is, I'd consider buying this version and playing through it again (played non-Extend on Vita)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

cj_iwakura

The Extend Kokonoe story was really good. Could've easily had more fights, though, not just Azrael and Tager. Kokonoe against Arakune could've been hype.

It's kind of sad to think this could be the last dub scenarios we get.

RoeBear

I think most of us are getting it from play-asia. Also, if it's a modded stick, I hear some incompatibility issues. If it's a PS3 stick out of the box, it should be fine.
Yeah I went with playasia. It seems the ps3 stick support isn't as good as guilty gear since I can't keep my controller on at the same time. Naoto seems pretty awesome. Network mode is supposed to work this weekend for the demo. Would love to play with people.

Top Bottom