• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND |OT| - Now with New Hat

Good stuff Abednego! I think its pretty clear we both need some time and practice with this game! Your Hakumen was giving me nightmares with the pokes and high damage lol. I'm sure we will both be better prepared for the next meeting

As for the rest of 360 BB gaf, sorry you guys couldn't make it. I'll try and set another of these up soon and hopefully we can get a bigger crowd!

Lucentto

Banned
Anyone know where I can find the box art without the logos? My internet searching skills are ass, in high quality preferably.

Esura

Banned
Anyone know where I can find the box art without the logos? My internet searching skills are ass, in high quality preferably.

I'll try to help you out with this. I'll probably need it myself for a Blazblue set I'm going to make for another board.

thundr51

Aside from the new character (which I don't care about) Is there any reason to pick this up (Already have PSP version) Did anybody get any new moves or anything or are the changes just balance tweaks etc?

Esura

Banned
Aside from the new character (which I don't care about) Is there any reason to pick this up (Already have PSP version) Did anybody get any new moves or anything or are the changes just balance tweaks etc?

Balance tweaks, new modes, all the DLC characters on one disc, and story modes for Makoto, Platinum, Relius, and Valk.

Wait....there is a PSP version of EXTEND?

Esura

Banned
Not yet. One is coming out in May though.

http://andriasang.com/comzz4/blazblue_psp/

Oh, did not know.

And I think I'm finally understanding how Noel's fundamentals work. And Noel's combos in Challenge doesn't seem daunting anymore like the previous entries. I actually made it to Challenge #11 and I got some combos memorized and I used my brother as a test dummy so I can learn some consistency. I'm getting slightly better.

Feels good man...feels good. T_T

Volcynika

Just did some single player stuff this morning since I didn't see anyone online. Did up to level 100 in Abyss mode, ran through Arcade, and did 100 challenges (for the trophy and to brush up on things). Didn't take me too long, I think I'm somewhat competent at the game at this point. :p

Tokido had said that he doesn't really play BB. Basically, he picks the best and easiest to pick up character, learns a little bit and wins.

I remember reading somewhere that he played a bit, but when I searched the only thing I could find is stuff saying he doesn't play lol

That doesn't mean he's bad though. Some people are just fundamentally better than others. Combofiend is the same way.

"He" as in 3kaze and whoever else he was grouping in his "we"? Yea, I agree. Tokido's an outlier. How much he plays the game doesn't really matter when you're talking about whether he'll win or not. There's no shame in losing to him because everyone does.

d0c_zaius

sorry I was dumb. You can totally save during the CT story mode. I also like some of the changes they added to CT, although occasionally the text not matching up to the VO's is distracting.

I was hating on Extend but its growing on me. Too bad about having to unlock the new character stories though.

Roto13

sorry I was dumb. You can totally save during the CT story mode. I also like some of the changes they added to CT, although occasionally the text not matching up to the VO's is distracting.

I was hating on Extend but its growing on me. Too bad about having to unlock the new character stories though.

Yeah, you can save every 45 minutes or something. :p The space between save points early on is ridiculous. They seem to get a bit more frequent as they go.

I'm going through the CT story now. (Literally, as I type this it's autoscrolling through the story mode.) It's a good refresher since I haven't played CT in a couple of years.

It's so awkward. It's like some anime forum members got together and did a dramatic reading of a fansub. Like parts of it were never really localized, just directly translated.

EDIT: Also, Kid Ragna and Kid Jin's voices are really weird. Way, way too deep for children.

kiryogi

Banned
Lol fucking UPS. I thought it was odd when I woke up for work and didn't see my package. ( I did one day delivery w/ amazon). So I checked the tracking info and it said it was delivered this morning. . . Thought maybe my sister/her bf grabbed it before they left, but I was skeptical. I ran outside and took a peek at the nextdoor neighbors porch and noticed a kraft envelope. . . I ran over to check it and yup, it was my package. Now I hope other neighbors didn't think I was stealing haha.

Anyway, managed to install it before work. I mess with it a bit tonight, but prob gonna do SCV with Soakrates after. Need dat good Maxi XP.

Cheska

I've always liked what little I played of BlazBlue and am interested in picking this up because of the additional content. My question is if anyone here has both the Vita and PS3 versions? Are they both fairly similar in terms of graphics/etc? Is there a preference of one over the other? I'm almost inclined to get both the PS3 collectors edition and Vita game :p

Bebpo

Banned
Tried the Vita version a bit. Overall pretty impressed with it, but realistically I probably should have bought it on PS3 instead since despite the d-pad on the Vita being better than the PSP or DS or 3DS one, it still feels really "handheld inferior" to playing on a PS3 with a DS3. I'm having a tough time pulling off supers :(

Online play on the go is pretty sweet though. Guess I just gotta get used to the controls. Don't like how the analog is so close to the d-pad that it's easy to accidentally flick it while playing on the d-pad.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
oh my god the announcer... it sounds like she's reading from a script sooo bad.

PLZ god.. lemme have some system voice DLC, or something.

Theonik

A question for people who have both the PS3 and Vita versions:
I assume that the DLC unlocks have to be re-bought on both platforms? Doesn't pass over as a service on the PSN account or on the saved game?

Probably asking for too much on this.
Edit: Whoops, meant announcers.

Roto13

oh my god the announcer... it sounds like she's reading from a script sooo bad.

PLZ god.. lemme have some system voice DLC, or something.

There's system voice DLC coming, but you can unlock a couple more system voices in the gallery. The default system voice sounds like an idiot.

They really should have gone ahead and recorded some new system voices in English (not Engrish) while they were recording those millions of pre-battle quotes and lines of story mode dialogue.

Volcynika

Is there anyway to induce that? I never got it.

All I can remember is that when I started the game, it said it could find no save (first time, obviously didn't have one), and asked me to create one. I think after I chose 'Yes" it asked me about it? I can't remember. D:

Top Bottom