• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND |OT| - Now with New Hat

Does anyone know if the copy that comes with the Limited Edition is the same as the standard- like, same barcode and everything? Could I pick up the regular edition and return my Limited Edition copy when it arrives?

Do you mean like, you had a change of heart and you don't want LE anymore so you want to return it? If that's the case, you can return the LE to whoever you bought it from as long as you didn't open it. If you mean to return the LE that you bought from Amazon as a Regular Edition from GS, I highly doubt it. Not even sure if it's the same game cover, although I could be wrong.

Gamestop.

Actually, I think Fate/EXTRA is the only non-dented Aksys CE I got. Am I the only person this happens too?

What? Couldn't you have asked for another copy?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Do you mean like, you had a change of heart and you don't want LE anymore so you want to return it? If that's the case, you can return the LE to whoever you bought it from as long as you didn't open it. If you mean to return the LE that you bought from Amazon as a Regular Edition from GS, I highly doubt it. Not even sure if it's the same game cover, although I could be wrong.

I meant the latter. My Limited Edition will take too long to get to me, and Gamestop seems to be the only retail store that might be stocking the LE right now. I'd rather just pick up the regular edition and return the regular edition that's included in the LE once it arrives.

The reason why I thought they might be the same is because the Limited Edition cover looks like a slipcase, a la CT's limited edition... but even then, I think they had different barcodes because there were soundtrack discs included.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
I meant the latter. My Limited Edition will take too long to get to me, and Gamestop seems to be the only retail store that might be stocking the LE right now. I'd rather just pick up the regular edition and return the regular edition that's included in the LE once it arrives.

The reason why I thought they might be the same is because the Limited Edition cover looks like a slipcase, a la CT's limited edition... but even then, I think they had different barcodes because there were soundtrack discs included.

The LE box itself should be the only thing that's different.

As far as I know, the game box contained within the LE is the same as the standard edition~

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND PS3 Limited Edition GET :D!

daJqK.jpg

Esura

Banned
What? Couldn't you have asked for another copy?

It was the only CE copy. I'm like one of the only people at that local Gamestop who preorders fighters and any RPG that's not from Square or Bioware and Bethesda, although I don't preorder the latter two companies' games anyway. I would like have to have Gamestop send it back or something, and it didn't seem like worth the effort considering I want to play it now. I just took it as standard fare for these games at this point. When I saw them open this huge box of different games and CEs and all that with all these cushion stuff, only BB CE and Hakuoki CE (I didn't preorder it but I saw it in box) was dented. Every other game was pristine.

Oh, and this game is pretty awesome. And I like how it loads up my previous save too. I'm liking Platinum. She might me my second main whenever I don't feel like using Noel.

Naite

Shipping Estimate Wednesday February 15, 2012
Delivery Estimate: Friday February 24, 2012 - Thursday March 1, 2012

I'm kinda regretting not preordering from Bestbuy because they only take a day or 2 to ship to me, and I got a 15% off code from them when they said they couldn't ship my copy of SC5 in time (even though they shipped it on the same day anyways). At this point I have no choice to wait it out because it's sold out everywhere in stores and online.

Guess I'll take this time to finally S rank every mission in Gundam EXVS.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Amazon folks: give your orders until this eve to watch shipping status. Mine is coming from Amazon and is still listed as arriving friday, the 17th.

Stock from smaller publishers often shows up as out of stock or backordered on release day tuesday, on Amazon. I have had a few games from Atlus behave this way before, but they did ship late tuesday evening. One time, it did ship wednesday, but no later.

Amazon folks: give your orders until this eve to watch shipping status. Mine is coming from Amazon and is still listed as arriving friday, the 17th.

Stock from smaller publishers often shows up as out of stock or backordered on release day tuesday, on Amazon. I have had a few games from Atlus behave this way before, but they did ship late tuesday evening. One time, it did ship wednesday, but no later.

If it gets sent that late, doesn't it still mean that you won't get it the next day?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
If it gets sent that late, doesn't it still mean that you won't get it the next day?

If I've used next day shipping, I've still gotten it the next day. Hell, I had a game ship after midnight tuesday and got it the next morning.

Can't speak for every possibility of course.

If I've used next day shipping, I've still gotten it the next day. Hell, I had a game ship after midnight tuesday and got it the next morning.

Can't speak for every possibility of course.

I will hold your word if this does not get through. My life mission will be to hunt you down. Until I get the game, of course.

On the fence about this. I bought Mokoto and Valkyrie for the European version of Continuum Shift before I moved to Canada and I'm really interested in playing the game again but I'm not too sure if I really want to shell out $40 for balance changes and 2 characters that I'm not too interested in.

It's just a total shame that the online is separated between versions.

Bebpo

Banned

I'm a little confused after reading this. I had thought the game simply included all the story modes from CT so you could play Story mode with every character old & new and they'd have a unique story mode to go through.

But that makes it seem like there is an all-encompassing CT story mode that will make you switch between characters? To see all the story summarized together along the way. And then the only people who you can pick and go do a story mode with are the 3 DLC characters + new character. Is that right?

If I want to just pick Ragna and play a story mode from start to finish with him, can I do that?

I already have CT/CS so I can get their story modes there, but I was getting the Vita version so I could play them on the go.

Man, I'm so tempted to try and get into fighting games. I got Rayman for my Vita, which I should be able to complete quite fast and sell. So now it's either this or MvC. How do I even start to learn a fighting game? Just play, play, play?

Man, I'm so tempted to try and get into fighting games. I got Rayman for my Vita, which I should be able to complete quite fast and sell. So now it's either this or MvC. How do I even start to learn a fighting game? Just play, play, play?

Unlike MvC3, this has a tutorial mode that teaches you the basics and allows you to work your way up to advanced stuff. I'd say pick this if it's between one or the other. And yes, once you're done with th the tutorial you will find yourself getting better through combat experience.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
I'm a little confused after reading this. I had thought the game simply included all the story modes from CT so you could play Story mode with every character old & new and they'd have a unique story mode to go through.

But that makes it seem like there is an all-encompassing CT story mode that will make you switch between characters? To see all the story summarized together along the way. And then the only people who you can pick and go do a story mode with are the 3 DLC characters + new character. Is that right?

If I want to just pick Ragna and play a story mode from start to finish with him, can I do that?

I already have CT/CS so I can get their story modes there, but I was getting the Vita version so I could play them on the go.

The CT story in EXTEND is like a revised digest version of the original story found in CT. It doesn't contain all the CT story modes as seen in CT.

Although the CT opening is now animated rather than still frames, and there are some new scenes/CGs for it I believe :)

xero273

like Akselziys said CT is just one story. it follows the true end. CS is the same with the edition of the 4 new character stories (makoto, valk, plat, and relius) and two sidestories.

Bebpo

Banned
The CT story in EXTEND is like a revised digest version of the original story found in CT. It doesn't contain all the CT story modes as seen in CT.

Although the CT opening is now animated rather than still frames, and there are some new scenes/CGs for it I believe :)

Thanks, but how do you play a digest story mode that's from the point of many characters? Is it like the Mortal Kombat story mode where you keep changing characters during the story?

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Thanks, but how do you play a digest story mode that's from the point of many characters? Is it like the Mortal Kombat story mode where you keep changing characters during the story?

From what I remember I believe it
follows the true end and mainly focuses on Ragna/Noel/Jin while incorporating the other characters into one story.

xero273

the game shifts between the main characters in CT true end. From what i remember playing it was
noel, jin, and ragna

Roto13

Disclaimer: I've played lots of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and some Continuum Shift but no Extend yet.

I'd say Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is a better place to start. It's simpler. It might not have a great tutorial, but it should be easy enough to learn the basics without one. Either one is fine, though.

Grokbu

Hm. There are many many ways of course. But I guess you could start playing around a bit at first, and then you start training combos etc. Then, you could start reading up on the system of the game and how to play your character.

I personally had the luxury of being taught some fighting game basics by kind players on 3S GGPO. Stuff like combos, and general strategies and fundamentals, like importance of having your opponent in the corner etc.

After that, I simply learned stuff (and am learning of course) as I went along and read strategies etc. on fighting game forums.

I would also suggest playing multiplayer as the PC doesn't quite react like a human does.

And if you have any questions, ask on!

Takuan

I've read two Vita reviews and neither makes a comparison to the console version. That's really all I care to know. I guess I'll have to wait for reviews from sites that cover fighters more closely.

One of the reviews (OPM UK) complained that it was difficult pulling off moves on the analog stick.

cj_iwakura

I did CT 100%, and now I want to watch CT Revised. :( I hate you Aksel.
(<3)

No shipment info from Amazon yet. :( Boss LE cover, though.

And wait, it imports data? Will I still be L45 with Tsubaki from before she got hit with the nerf bat!?

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
I did CT 100%, and now I want to watch CT Revised. :( I hate you Aksel.
(<3)

No shipment info from Amazon yet. :( Boss LE cover, though.

And wait, it imports data? Will I still be L45 with Tsubaki from before she got hit with the nerf bat!?

Hehe, aww <3

The LE cover is pretty snazzy~

And yeah, it imports data from the original Continuum Shift, but I think it only applies to story mode, I'm not sure about levels. :)

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Just got back from Gamestop with my copy. They had an extra limited edition but the box had a huge dent in it so I didn't buy it. Chose the standard edition, which of course was a gutted copy. Guess that's what I get for not pre-ordering.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Amazon will receive the games today or tomorrow and ship immediately. I have 2 day shipping and I will get it Friday.

Item Box

Finally found a gamestop that sold it after searching for hours, and they only had 2 copies sent to them. The guy who worked there decided to buy the other, heh.

Time to suck badly again, it's been too long.

Esura

Banned
Ok, so far I think I got some BnBs down off the challenge mode.

Would these combos be good as starter BnBs for Noel?

2B > 5B > 5C > 2C

2D > d.5A > d.5B > d.5C > d.6C > 623D > 8B > jc > 8B > 236C

3Kaze

Ok, so far I think I got some BnBs down off the challenge mode.

Would these combos be good as starter BnBs for Noel?

2B > 5B > 5C > 2C

2D > d.5A > d.5B > d.5C > d.6C > 623D > 8B > jc > 8B > 236C

I'd do 2D/4D > d6A > d6C > d6D > d5C > 236D/214D to put the opponent in the corner.

Well, gonna go check out GS later tonight if they have the LE copy. If they do, going to return the Amazon copy to them after I get it.

Top Bottom