• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND |OT| - Now with New Hat

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Playing the CT scenario right now in story mode. Bang said something about Jin spamming Ice Car. The voice cuts off before he says it which is kinda weird. Still gave me a little laugh though.

Esura

Banned
I'd do 2D/4D > d6A > d6C > d6D > d5C > 236D/214D to put the opponent in the corner.

That doesn't work. Combo falls apart at d5C. Bloom Trigger wont land at all but if I time it right I could get off Assault Through.

I figured out a variation to this though that still puts the opponent into the corner for some nice setups. Its fun making my own BnBs after figuring out a few things. :)

GUESS WHO PICKED UP A LE COPY FROM GS???

Not a single place in my city had the game in stock.

You gotta be so jelly

th_trollzama.jpg

conman

Man, I'm so tempted to try and get into fighting games. I got Rayman for my Vita, which I should be able to complete quite fast and sell. So now it's either this or MvC. How do I even start to learn a fighting game? Just play, play, play?
I jumped in with the original BlazBlue. I hadn't played a fighting game since SF2 on SNES. Never got into the arcade fighting game scene.

I'm not great. Well, no, let me rephrase that. I suck. But I have fun. I've picked up and played pretty much every new 2D fighter that's been released since BlazBlue (and even went back and picked up some old Guilty Gear and SF releases). But something in particular about BlazBlue just "clicks" for me. I love the look. I love the music. And there's an odd sort of rhythm to the combo system that makes much more sense to me than in SF or KoF or MvC.

Anyway, from my perspective, there's no real secret to learning to play. You just start playing. Stick to basics. Take on new combos and complex moves slowly with time. And these latest BB releases have a nice tutorial for schmucks like you and me. ;)

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The way I look at it, I shelled out the extra cash for the soundtrack. And for the promise of continued releases.

If it wasn't for the OST, I would be extremely disappointed. Too bad it comes in a sleeve instead of a jewel case or something like that.

conman

If it wasn't for the OST, I would be extremely disappointed. Too bad it comes in a sleeve instead of a jewel case or something like that.
The first game coming with that DVD was so cool. Didn't really help me as a hopeless beginner, but the idea was awesome.

Naite

You have to be kidding me, it seems that they are going to release this game for psp too, and guess what ,with an extra mode that it's not in Extend for other platforms, even if it's only a quiz mode, better be an update for the other versions, or maybe they will release Extend II. lol

http://andriasang.com/comzz4/blazblue_psp/

The milking jokes will never end if they haven't already now. But I sorta don't mind this announcement. I like to play certain fighters on the go, but I don't want to get a Vita right now because I hate being an early adopter for new hardware and there's not a lot vita games that interest me at the moment.

Spectacular timing of this news though...

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
You have to be kidding me, it seems that they are going to release this game for psp too, and guess what ,with an extra mode that it's not in Extend for other platforms, even if it's only a quiz mode, better be an update for the other versions, or maybe they will release Extend II. lol

Not surprised about it. What happens is that the portable releases usually work like a guinea pig. They add new modes to test it out and later carry it over to the console versions. I wouldn't really call them enhanced content.

Volcynika

This still pisses me off. I kept checking Amazon ever since the LE was announced and never spotted it at that price. Did you pre order and they upgraded you? :\

Nah, it was available at that price for 2-3 days, i think?

According to the thread on CAG about it, it happened Jan 16th, and was dead either sometime during the 18th or end of the 17th. Or something.

Good thing I got the LE from Amazon for the same price as standard. Victory!

Yup, this is the only reason I even went for the LE. It's funny because I think it was earlier in the day or the day before that I was calling all the extra stuff in the LE junk, but then Amazon mispriced it. xD

This still pisses me off. I kept checking Amazon ever since the LE was announced and never spotted it at that price. Did you pre order and they upgraded you? :\

Amazon keeps the lowest price a pre-order is ever listed at, so yea, it would have been an upgrade if you had already pre-ordered for a higher price. I think it was only at that price for a day or so. as it was obvious mistake.

SupaNaab

FYI to my fellow Canucks. It seems like no one here got it whatsoever (at least in the Niagara region in Ontario). I wasn't able to make it to my local bar fight scene and see if the other fighting players got a hold of it though. Everyone is telling me to wait for next Thursday. I might just pick it up in Buffalo instead.

Come back when it is a huge feature like hit/hurt box data for the entire cast or replay functions that could actually help you learn combos at an even faster pace.

Fugu

Anyone on PSN want to lose?

Also, literally the funniest thing in the world is the default announcer trying to say Valkenhayn.

Anyone on PSN want to lose?

Also, literally the funniest thing in the world is the default announcer trying to say Valkenhayn.

GGs yesterday. I was getting tired towards the end so I had to go. At least "Valkenhayn" only comes up when he's chosen. The WHALE of fate is TUHNING is pretty horrible.

But of course they do! but it is what it is...

massive crotch zipper is a great thing too

Maybe down the road. Giant boobs, fetishtastic fashion sense, and scars - WINNING! :3

GGs yesterday. I was getting tired towards the end so I had to go. At least "Valkenhayn" only comes up when he's chosen. The WHALE of fate is TUHNING is pretty horrible.

I still miss the CT announcer.

I love me some Engrish.

lol, that's hilarious. If CSII PSP is anything to go by, this will be a novelty at best though.

Grokbu

I want Platinum as an announcer. I wonder how long until they release the DLC. I hope it's soon.
I cannot remember where I've read it, nor can I remember if it was fact or speculation. But I believe that it was stated that they're going to start releasing DLC one week after the game's release.
I assume that they're going to follow the JP release schedule if this is the case.

I cannot remember where I've read it, nor can I remember if it was fact or speculation. But I believe that it was stated that they're going to start releasing DLC one week after the game's release.
I assume that they're going to follow the JP release schedule if this is the case.

Oh yea? That's wonderful! Maybe the DLC will be out before Amazon delivers my game, so that I'll never have to listen to anything other than Platinum lol

The DLC release schedule will begin next Tuesday with the first piece of DLC, with a new piece of DLC being released each week after :)

Dammit, man, link a list! lol

Thanks for confirmation.

I found this for the Japanese release, which means that I'll be waiting six weeks for Platinum?!?

17th December: Noel
22nd December: Rachel
12th January: Litchi
19th January: Tsubaki
26th January: Makoto
2nd February: Platinum
9th February: Kokonoe

And I thought the wait for SG was hard.

I think I may be in for Makoto and Kokonoe.

Edit: My copy from Amazon has still not shipped. Getting pretty tight here. I'm gonna have a four day weekend thanks to President's day and this game will clearly not ship for a while.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Dammit, man, link a list! lol

Thanks for confirmation.

I found this for the Japanese release, which means that I'll be waiting six weeks for Platinum?!?

17th December: Noel
22nd December: Rachel
12th January: Litchi
19th January: Tsubaki
26th January: Makoto
2nd February: Platinum
9th February: Kokonoe

And I thought the wait for SG was hard.

That list looks very familiar, if you catch my drift ;)

Hyphen

How come all the DLC announcers are female characters? Even Kokonoe!? Is she even a playable character?

So, I finally got to dig my teeth into this a little bit yesterday night and this afternoon. Which means I got to mess around with all of the new characters that have come out since CT. Gotta say, I'm a Tsubaki believer now. Tager might get replaced for this little muse of a woman. I like the way she plays and her character design alot. Rushing down someone feels so refreshing and sexy with Tsubaki. I am a little disappointed in the new mu-13 version (lambda or whatever?) but I can still play with her.

Overall, I realize what hot garbage i am at this game..... again. All the time i put into CT feels like it has disappeared. I can hardly put any BnBs together. Street Fighter has diminished my execution. Gonna be a long road, but I'm so into this game that i'm ok with it. Feels good to be back.

LegatoB

It's really too bad that all the announcer voices are the Japanese cast. I'd happily pay for an English Tager announcer pack. Just sayin'.

Enordash

REBEL WON

ACK SHUN

At least I'm not the only one that thinks she sounds weird. This has probably been said already, but what the hell with the LE at Gamestop? Mine was just the normal case with the art book and calender rubber banded on. This is really my first foray into the world of BlazBlue. The visuals threaten to give me sensory overload at all times :) I probably should have checked here to see what system everyone was buying on instead of just jumping for the 360 version blindly.

Edit: Oh, and I would LOVE the artbook to be digitized in some fashion. There's a lot of sweet poster potential in there.

Roto13

That store I went to that said this was delayed actually had this in stock today, so I picked it up. I haven't played it yet since I have one or two other games I want to play first (games that end :p) but I'm looking forward to it.

Top Bottom