• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND |OT| - Now with New Hat

Esura

Banned
Hmm... what tips do you need specifically? Keep in mind that I haven't really touched her seriously for a while. I think I got ONE midscreen BNB yesterday out of like... 10-20 matches... so I'm really out of touch with her. The main thing is to learn when to use wind and setting up pumpkins/frogs.

The main midscreen BNB that I would suggest you learning is 6A, 5B, sj.C, 2D, jc, [delay], j2C (level 2), 236B, j.C, dj, j.C, j.214C, (land), frog. Her 6A is really versatile since it can be used on the ground, or as an AA. On counterhit AA 6A, you wanna run up to the opponent a little bit and then 5B, then finish combo as usual.

I DO hear that the new thing to do is 6A, 5B, sj.C, 2D, jc, [delay], j2C (level2), 2A [whiff], 5C[whiff]C to put the opponent into the corner... but again I would have to mess around with it.

Mostly just a general gameplan I should incorporate with Rachel and a starter BnB. After getting this combo off on someone for like 4500 damage with Noel I think I'm ready to try Rachel again. My execution was horrible in CT.

Thanks for this.

Mostly just a general gameplan I should incorporate with Rachel and a starter BnB. After getting this combo off on someone for like 4500 damage with Noel I think I'm ready to try Rachel again. My execution was horrible in CT.

Thanks for this.

Sure, no problem.

A good oki setup combo (meterless and midscreen) is 6A, 5B, sj.B, j.A, j.B, j.C, dj, (slight delay), j.2C, j.214B (air pumpkin). If you want more damage, from the double jump, you can do j.B, j.C, 236A.

I also think that a CH 6B now wall bounds? Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't so I don't really know, but I think it's guaranteed if you follow it up with 5D (6D). So you can do CH 6B, 6D, 66 (dash), 5B, into air combo... I THINK.

Esura

Banned
Sure, no problem.

A good oki setup combo (meterless and midscreen) is 6A, 5B, sj.B, j.A, j.B, j.C, dj, (slight delay), j.2C, j.214B (air pumpkin). If you want more damage, from the double jump, you can do j.B, j.C, 236A.

I also think that a CH 6B now wall bounds? Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't so I don't really know, but I think it's guaranteed if you follow it up with 5D (6D). So you can do CH 6B, 6D, 66 (dash), 5B, into air combo... I THINK.

Ah, ok. I'm gonna write these down on my flashcards. Thanks.

TheExodu5

Banned
I really wish I could buy this for both PS3 and Vita for an acceptable price. I really don't want to shell out $80 for a single fighting game. =\

Skilletor

I played the very first BB and I used Bang. I'm liking the way Makoto and Tsubaki look. How does Bang compare to the vanilla release?

Who are some good players I could watch for any of those characters? If I like playing it on the Vita enough, I'll uprgrade to a console so I can play with a stick. :D

Yes, it definitely has an amazing d-pad. So easy to pull off moves. It is a tad small for my huge hands but I got used to it pretty much already.

I don't have a problem with the dpad, but the buttons being so small makes it really difficult to do simultaneous buttons. I'm going to have to figure out how to configure L and R.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I played the very first BB and I used Bang. I'm liking the way Makoto and Tsubaki look. How does Bang compare to the vanilla release?

Who are some good players I could watch for any of those characters? If I like playing it on the Vita enough, I'll uprgrade to a console so I can play with a stick. :D
Try Dora for Bang.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQmGok3nYBo

Don't know the big names for the other characters.

MechaX

Assuming one wants to get into this version (especially since I just got decent internet at the start of the year), I should pretty much just chuck my original Continuum Shift copy, right?

Assuming one wants to get into this version (especially since I just got decent internet at the start of the year), I should pretty much just chuck my original Continuum Shift copy, right?

Sure, unless you like, have an attachment to the old score attack mode, I guess.

Roto13

Including the CT story mode shows that the localization is better in CS. I'm playing Tsubaki's story mode now and there's a flashback with Jin and he actually sounds like a child, unlike in CT. :p Also the writing was worse in CT. A lot of it sounded too much like an anime fansub.

Speaking of Story mode, does Hakumen's story mode ever unlock? >_>

So... I got this on Vita but I'm a complete noob. What characters are good for noobs? :D

I would highly recommend you to go with the character that you like rather than going with the easiest to use. Try out the basic training about the mechanics, then go through the characters' challenges to get a feel.

If you REALLY just want least amount of effort to high reward, go for Ragna or Hakumen. They're both easier to use than most of the cast and high damage output.

Akuun

I second that. Pick someone you like and then try to learn him or her.

Barring that, learn Ragna. IMO he is the easiest character to learn, and one of the best to boot.

Okay, I'll try everyone a little and choose the coolest/hottest, as usual :p But I'll keep in mind Ragna, just in case.

I like fighters but I've never been even remotely pro and I have almost no idea of how this game works, but the couple matches I've played have been fun. AND I have to review it so yeah, I needed some guidance so that I wouldn't choose the hardest route.

Thanks guys!

Okay, I'll try everyone a little and choose the coolest/hottest, as usual :p But I'll keep in mind Ragna, just in case.

I like fighters but I've never been even remotely pro and I have almost no idea of how this game works, but the couple matches I've played have been fun. AND I have to review it so yeah, I needed some guidance so that I wouldn't choose the hardest route.

Thanks guys!

Well, this makes it easy! Just learn the in game tutorial and jump into story mode.

Well, this makes it easy! Just learn the in game tutorial and jump into story mode.

Oh, didn't have time to check that out yet, just did some quick fights... will do :)

I must say that the game is gorgeous in motion, I didn't think it would look so good. And the controls are pretty responsive for now :D

cj_iwakura

I'm not done with 'baki yet. She's still got it!

Relius is still awesome though.

Anyone done the new story yet? Makoto's is insane.

Time travel? WTF?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Without knowing much at all about Relius, is his drive similar to Carl or do you not need to hold it down as much(I see his robot isn't always out like Ada). I'm on a pad and would have to remap the D button to play Carl right, wondering if Relius would need that too.

I'm not done with 'baki yet. She's still got it!

Relius is still awesome though.

Anyone done the new story yet? Makoto's is insane.

Time travel? WTF?

I've only done hers so far, the gag ending was hilarious.

TheExodu5

Banned
Well fuck it. Bought the Vita version. I figured I can have some fun and get a few games in here and there. Maybe I'll pick up the console version in the future if I really get into it.

Without knowing much at all about Relius, is his drive similar to Carl or do you not need to hold it down as much(I see his robot isn't always out like Ada). I'm on a pad and would have to remap the D button to play Carl right, wondering if Relius would need that too.

You do not need to hold her to move. She just follows you behind. Press D once to summon, press it again to make her disappear. She also disappears if she gets hit (except for projectiles) or if Relius gets hit.

TheExodu5

Banned
How's Rachel now? Used to play her in Calamity Trigger but they changed her quite a bit in Continuum Shift...didn't like her as much.

Akuun

My copy just shipped! Yay!

Don't worry about Nu. Lambda is a Nu that has been nerfed to reasonable levels.

Kerrby

Banned
Bought this for Vita, can't get into it at all. The game is absolutely beautiful though, loving just watching how good it looks. It's such an old school fighter and I feel it's really hard to fight if you aren't standing right next to the enemy.

Disappointing, maybe it's just not for me.

Bought this for Vita, can't get into it at all. The game is absolutely beautiful though, loving just watching how good it looks. It's such an old school fighter and I feel it's really hard to fight if you aren't standing right next to the enemy.

Disappointing, maybe it's just not for me.

Play for the story then. I hear it's really good.

Fugu

Nu had actual space control. :(
Lambda has great space control. Lambda can completely shut down air approaches because even if she misses with swords/act parser wankery she still has crescent saber and a head invulnerable AA, and she has pinwheel, swords, act parser, well, and spike gimmicks for ground.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's such an old school fighter...
Wat.

...I feel it's really hard to fight if you aren't standing right next to the enemy.
WAT.

Lambda has great space control. Lambda can completely shut down air approaches because even if she misses with swords/act parser wankery she still has crescent saber and a head invulnerable AA, and she has pinwheel, swords, act parser, well, and spike gimmicks for ground.
Lambda cannot cancel into anything on a whiffed D.

Reknoc

Wow, didn't this game only come out this week? The thing is like golddust in Nottingham. Went to HMV, nothing. Went to Grainger Games, nothing. Went to GAME right across the way from Grainger Games, nothing but I did get to play a bit of Gravity Rush (didn't care for the Vita but the game itself was a lot of fun). Went to Gamestation, nothing. Went to the other GAME, nothing, but this was the first time seeing the Vita version of the game, it was like; £33 and had a sticker on it saying downloadable only. I laughed my way out of the store. Finally found a copy of it in a local store, they had like 1 LE and 1 regular. Needless to say I swooped down on that LE and had anyone else even looked at it at the time I would have had to settle things like gentlemen.

In the end it was worth it for the godlike boxart (sure as hell isn't worth it for the contents).

5cOiu.jpg

This game made me salty before I even managed to buy it! :mad:

Salz01

Does the vita version loose any of the animation or background quality compared to the big brothers on the console?

TheExodu5

Banned
Does the vita version loose any of the animation or background quality compared to the big brothers on the console?

It might lose a bit of background quality due to the the lack of anti-aliasing (though I can't recall if the game on PS3 has anti-aliasing or not). It's really not very noticeable though, since the game is running at native res and looks gorgeous anyways.

Theonik

It might lose a bit of background quality due to the the lack of anti-aliasing (though I can't recall if the game on PS3 has anti-aliasing or not). It's really not very noticeable though, since the game is running at native res and looks gorgeous anyways.
PS3 version has quincunx AA for backgrounds so if that were missing from Vita I would even call it an improvement. Thankfully the Vita isn't anything like BBCT PSP which had 2D versions of the backgrounds.

Pookmunki

Wow, didn't this game only come out this week? The thing is like golddust in Nottingham. Went to HMV, nothing. Went to Grainger Games, nothing. Went to GAME right across the way from Grainger Games, nothing but I did get to play a bit of Gravity Rush (didn't care for the Vita but the game itself was a lot of fun). Went to Gamestation, nothing. Went to the other GAME, nothing, but this was the first time seeing the Vita version of the game, it was like; £33 and had a sticker on it saying downloadable only. I laughed my way out of the store. Finally found a copy of it in a local store, they had like 1 LE and 1 regular. Needless to say I swooped down on that LE and had anyone else even looked at it at the time I would have had to settle things like gentlemen.

In the end it was worth it for the godlike boxart (sure as hell isn't worth it for the contents).

This game made me salty before I even managed to buy it! :mad:

My Zavvi copy should be with me tomorrow, seeing as I'm in Nottingham too I would assume a good connection if you want to fight sometime?

Top Bottom