• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle Ruby Rose Gameplay

DLYqrQtWsAAYiFO.jpg
Why is BlazBlue twice on the character select screen?

looks like bb could end up wtih more characters than the rest, each player getting their own wheel to spin would be terrible use of space

if platinum's not in this game i'm not buying it

WarRock

Only three attack buttons and 5C is an UOH? This game...
Rest seems like a mix of P4U and UNIEL.

Now, that ETC space... ASW sure knows how to tease.

WarRock

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq7v3a
The other thing, I said there were 4x normals, it actually only applies to A attacks I think.and 2a seems to be universally low. So 4a, 2a, 5a, 5aa, 5aaa, 2b, 5b, 5bb, 5bbb, 5c, 2c, jA, jB, jC, and specials. It seems like characters have an air special, but only assigned to one direction. However, they still have variants. For example, ragna has nightmare edge and berial on j214a / j214b, and he has no j236 series but Narukami air fireball is j236X (no j214 series).

There IS TRM IN THE GAME and you can't be thrown during blockstun. Throw is actually proximity based, you can throw immediately point blank but if there's a little bit of space the throw input will automatically close the gap. Of course there's a maximum run before the throw comes out if you do it from far away.

auto dash forward throws lul

sjay1994

That "ETC" section seems interesting. Dante from the Devil May Cry(TM) series
& Knuckles
confirmed.

Jokes aside I really wonder who outside of the 4 main series is going to make it in. Didn't expect other characters.

Screams for P5 characters since the Persona section is only called "P4 arena"

Zomba13

If ETC is just random misc characters from other fighters I think it would be absolutely hilarious if one of them is MvC2 Wolverine.

Zubz

Banned
If ETC is just random misc characters from other fighters I think it would be absolutely hilarious if one of them is MvC2 Wolverine.

Nah it's Morrigans original sprite.

I'd be down with these. More realistically (But still unrealistic), I wouldn't mind a more-pixelated sprite of an older Guilty Gear character or even a 3DS-tier DBZ character, too.

I'm mostly hoping that a deal was struck for HnK characters, though.

I'd be down with these. More realistically (But still unrealistic), I wouldn't mind a more-pixelated sprite of an older Guilty Gear character or even a 3DS-tier DBZ character, too.

I'm mostly hoping that a deal was struck for HnK characters, though.

How detailed are the Fist of the North Star sprites? If they look presentable enough there's hope.

Zubz

Banned
How detailed are the Fist of the North Star sprites? If they look presentable enough there's hope.

I thought they were pretty detailed, moreso than GG's & DBZ's. Unlike those 2, however, there's a definite rights issue. Granted, I believe it'd be with SEGA, & if Persona's in, it shouldn't be an impossible option. Just a very, very unlikely one due to how the artstyle might clash.

I thought they were pretty detailed, moreso than GG's & DBZ's. Unlike those 2, however, there's a definite rights issue. Granted, I believe it'd be with SEGA, & if Persona's in, it shouldn't be an impossible option. Just a very, very unlikely one due to how the artstyle might clash.

I kind of want them to go full crazy if not in this game then in a possible sequel.

Bunko Climax, Fist of the North Star, maybe actually make that Filia version French Bread showed for April Fools.

Cute that we already are seeing Blur-Ruby fanart floating around.

Wondering if we'll get some announcements soon about the other rwby cast members.

And ETC does have me drolling. A fighter crossover with guest fighters?

J-Tier

I'd like to see the French Bread Filia (or more from Skullgirls) and Dengeki Bunko as well. HnK is Shonen Jump...so unlikely, very unlikely.

Now sprite versions of Battle Fantasia (only I'd be excited about this probs) and also surprise us with a few Guilty Gear characters and they've got themselves a full on ArcSys crossover.

FluxWaveZ

Wait a sec... no console has been announced for this game as of yet, and they've said this won't be coming to arcades. So what control scheme are people playing this game on at NYCC?

Wait a sec... no console has been announced for this game as of yet, and they've said this won't be coming to arcades. So what control scheme are people playing this game on at NYCC?

the UI is showing Playstation buttons so it's coming out on PS4 with out a doubt

That "etc" category has me excited. We may just get melty blood, or dfci or something. My kingdom for them to reach out to examu or lab zero to fill in some of that category.

Same. They also own Double Dragon and Kunio-Kun (River City) now so...

I want all the warriors in this game.

Zubz

Banned
I kind of want them to go full crazy if not in this game then in a possible sequel.

Bunko Climax, Fist of the North Star, maybe actually make that Filia version French Bread showed for April Fools.

I'm not a an of that fan-servicey shot, but I will absolutely be in if they add a Skullgirls character (I'm only curious now because I flippin' love the idea of another chaotic MvC2-style "throw it all in" fighting game).

Same. They also own Double Dragon and Kunio-Kun (River City) now so...

I want all the warriors in this game.

Oh wow, even better!

preta

Sorry for the double post but someone uploaded some off screen gameplay.

https://youtu.be/NyUPVCaiTUM

The real takeaway here is that the original versions of the BB tracks seem to be in the game - not just the II versions. I'm very pleasantly surprised. While having them all in a core BB game is one thing, I kind of assumed they'd just have the II versions here since they're the defaults in CP/CF.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
The default sound settings in asw games has always been bad :p

If I remember right the sound effects in the xx gg games was like 6x louder than the music and voices by default

Top Bottom