• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue IV: Central Fiction |OT| Be Ready For The Phantoms

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
i expect the roster to start from square one again
You know, I'd be ok with this. The initial draw of CT for me was the tighter cast where everyone felt distinct enough. Nowadays, it feels like most characters are fighting with 1-2 others for the same niche.

Seijuro

Finally bought it on the last day of the Big in Japan-sale on PSN.
My last Blazblue was Continuum Shift way back in 2010, hope the new characters and many modes won't overwhelm me.

T.O.P

Banned
Hibiki is so damn fun, i'll probably stick with him for a bit, that Izuna drop nghhh

How do i unlock Susano tho? story mode? dude looks badass af

Ended up buying it on the UK PSN store because it was 15.99 pounds. I made the mistake of purchasing Mai and ES on a US account and had to ask support for a refund when I realized I had to purchase the UK versions of the DLC.

I really like Mai and Nine. Nine videos are easy now due to Evo, but are there any notable Mai players I can look at to see what I should be doing? I'm watching videos at keeponblaz.in, but I don't know who the players are I should look out for.

Rutger

Banned
Yeah cs and cp got their 2.0 updates free. For some reason I wasn't expecting one this time

The timing makes it feel like it would be an Ex version announcement, especially since they are adding a character.

With BBxTB announced, looks like they might have been serious about no Ex version.
Honestly that doesn't surprise me, but I wasn't sure if we'd see a 2.0 update this time either.

Kikirin

Ended up buying it on the UK PSN store because it was 15.99 pounds. I made the mistake of purchasing Mai and ES on a US account and had to ask support for a refund when I realized I had to purchase the UK versions of the DLC.

I really like Mai and Nine. Nine videos are easy now due to Evo, but are there any notable Mai players I can look at to see what I should be doing? I'm watching videos at keeponblaz.in, but I don't know who the players are I should look out for.
I'm not as sure about JP Mai players but there was at least one pretty solid one in pools at EVO. For western ones, I liked what I've seen of Jona's. Solex was also on stream a couple times at EVO.

Seijuro

Are Naoto and Hibiki good characters to learn for someone who hasn't played BB in years (and never got deep into it in the past)?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Do anyone think Blazblue CF Extends going to happens? I presume we wouldn't get any sequel to Blazblue because they have their hands full with two or three games coming next year (or other two years)

Blazxblue Cross Tag
Dragon Ball FighterZ
and potentially updates for Guilty Gear Rev 2

Do anyone think Blazblue CF Extends going to happens? I presume we wouldn't get any sequel to Blazblue because they have their hands full with two or three games coming next year (or other two years)

Blazxblue Cross Tag
Dragon Ball FighterZ

Mori said no Extend version for CF. But I sometimes don't believe his lies.

Blazxblue Cross Tag
Dragon Ball FighterZ

Arcsys has said before that there won't be a CF Extend. Normally the updates they are doing for CF 2.0 would be essentially repackaged as CF Extend with a few new characters, stages and story elements. But this time it seems CF 2.0 character updates are coming out for free and Jubei and his new stage is being released as DLC.

After that they are moving to BBTAG, which is the next game in the Blazblue series.

Yeah, if there was going to be an Extend then Jubei would have been part of it, just like Relius Clover and Celica A. Mercury.

I don't suppose it's entirely impossible for an Extend in a couple years from now, particularly if the fifth main game is behind schedule, just to keep things a little fresh and tidy up some of the balance.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Thanks y'all. I wasn't sure if I should pull a trigger on Blazblue Central Fiction since it's on sale for 17.99 dollar and Jubei is coming out after all. I'm concerned that they might decide to announce new version like in few months or so.

RoeBear

Thanks y'all. I wasn't sure if I should pull a trigger on Blazblue Central Fiction since it's on sale for 17.99 dollar and Jubei is coming out after all. I'm concerned that they might decide to announce new version like in few months or so.
Jubei will be 8 dollars the update is free. So unless you want the other dlc characters it wouldn't be worth it to wait.

maks

Is there any way to use two legacy controllers at once on the ps4?

Yes its possible. I got it working with two ps360+ controllers. It was tricky and i cant quite remember what i had to do but i got it after a bit of trial and error. I may have had to connect them during the title screen.

kunonabi

Yes its possible. I got it working with two ps360+ controllers. It was tricky and i cant quite remember what i had to do but i got it after a bit of trial and error. I may have had to connect them during the title screen.

Alright, I'll just keep messing with it.

also, what's up with the dlc colors? I bought them but I can't seem to get them to download or show up in the game.

cj_iwakura

Jubei's moves:
DFzQ5qsU0AArhf_.jpg

Translation:
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s296...92077c844d83/81956ea30be98a34a7856b00eecaae72

NEO0MJ

Early reports say that he's still the same character with the same problems. Just deals a lot more damage. Can't say for sure until it's out though.

That's unfortunate to hear. At the very least they should make Collapsing Resentment a regular OD. Heck, have it level up any unlocked seals as well.

MechaX

I am hoping Mu doesn't change significantly; I have the most fun playing her by far out of anyone in the cast.

Pics_nao

Bought this on Monday since it was on sale on PSN. Can't wait for Extend to be announced in a few months!

How's Izayoi in this game? I hear she's really good now. Did 2.0 give her any nerfs?

NEO0MJ

Still brings the hype and the competition, that's what counts.

Yeah but Abigail has twice as many watches on youtube!

Bought this on Monday since it was on sale on PSN. Can't wait for Extend to be announced in a few months!

How's Izayoi in this game? I hear she's really good now. Did 2.0 give her any nerfs?

She was good before but 2.0 gave her nerfs. Not sure where she stands now.

Top Bottom