• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue IV: Central Fiction |OT| Be Ready For The Phantoms

Does End Boss 1 really need to be spoilered? I thought they were in the starting roster.

Anyways, does story mode assume you've gone through arcade Act 1/2/3 or does that kinda get included in it?

Caim

Does End Boss 1 really need to be spoilered? I thought they were in the starting roster.

Anyways, does story mode assume you've gone through arcade Act 1/2/3 or does that kinda get included in it?

I would say that some of the Acts are their own thing (since it's per character) because some things happen in them that don't have anything to do with the story mode (like Arakune and maybe Azrael but then again I still need to do all the acts) it's hard to explain tbh.

Hubb

I want to believe.

... but it's still hard for me to D=

He is probably the best cash grab DLC character they have. I'm sure it is worth the effort to make it work to get that $$$.

I 50/50 on whether or not there will be an extend version, but I am sure at least 1 more DLC character (after Mai) is coming.

Speaking of End Game Boss 1™, I just ran into one who actually knew what they were doing and it was rediculous. That character might as well be a janky MUGEN character with their movement mechanic, and I love it. Say what you will about Blazblue but they definitely keep matchups interesting.

I would say that some of the Acts are their own thing (since it's per character) because some things happen in them that don't have anything to do with the story mode (like Arakune and maybe Azrael but then again I still need to do all the acts) it's hard to explain tbh.

Kinda like CP's arcade modes I guess?

Better safe than sorry, I figured. Probably not though.

I understand :T

RoeBear

Abandoned the Clover fam? :p By the way, there was some very sick Relius play in top 8 at CEOTaku.
No lol haven't practiced Relius too much. Carl isn't much different so I can still play him pretty well. I've just found that people don't like to play against Carl all that much.

Rhapsody

Banned
Does anyone have tips for naoto players I'm having a lot of trouble with canceling stuff into his 236B.

Just got to do it fast after the 214A. There's not really a trick to it, you just eventually get used to it. You can do 214A 2366B I think but I find that harder. Also I find Naoto a lot easier on pad.

RoeBear

Just got to do it fast after the 214A. There's not really a trick to it, you just eventually get used to it. You can do 214A 2366B I think but I find that harder. Also I find Naoto a lot easier on pad.
Yeah I kind of noticed that he's easier on pad too, but I'm stubborn. Thanks for that advice though.

Rhapsody

Banned
Yeah I kind of noticed that he's easier on pad too, but I'm stubborn. Thanks for that advice though.

Yeah, I debated on using pad just for him but oh well lol. He's a fun character.
Also I'm never finishing his last Challenge Mode combo. I can do everything but the last super, but everything before it is still an enormous pain. lol

RoeBear

Yeah, I debated on using pad just for him but oh well lol. He's a fun character.
Also I'm never finishing his last Challenge Mode combo. I can do everything but the last super, but everything before it is still an enormous pain. lol
Lol I only got to medium challenge 5. He's really fun when you pull stuff off.

Lol I only got to medium challenge 5. He's really fun when you pull stuff off.

You can kind of cheat his med. Trial 5 and 6. The game asks for a drive dash cancel, but you can use sway and it'll still count. Makes those ones much easier imo, and 7-10 are much easier than those two.

Man, Bang's optimized damage is so much harder than CPEX was. I could avoid the microdash heavy routes and still get 90% of the reward there, or even more if my goal wasn't damage. But here it's basically a requirement and I've always been awful at them. Mori pls

IbukiLordSA

Nine The Phantom has an awesome design, wow, I am a sucker for Witches :)

Will definitely pick this up when it goes on sale, these games hit sale way too quickly to justify release day purchase just like XRD.

CF story mode is even longer.

It sucks since I was able to so easily just binge Revelator's story mode, especially cuz it pretty much was just a movie.

With BB, I have to go through fights, and VN style choices. If I wanted to play the game, I'll just play the game. With a Story Mode I'd rather just watch.

It sucks since I was able to so easily just binge Revelator's story mode, especially cuz it pretty much was just a movie.

With BB, I have to go through fights, and VN style choices. If I wanted to play the game, I'll just play the game. With a Story Mode I'd rather just watch.

There is a small recap at the beginning done by Kokonoe, but you can always read this:

http://blazblue.kumodori.com/

The story is amazing (if you like Blazblue) and they did a great job ending Ragna's story. Worth every penny if you ask me. The game is spectacular, the only down side is the lack of unlimited characters (DLC maybe?) and the lack of content in the new abyss mode.

Keasar

Jubei!?
CeOfTQR.jpg

https://twitter.com/notBaf0/status/784794221223956484?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Is it time!?

Rutger

Banned
12.16.14 is when CP EX version was announcemnet and CP released 3.25.14 in NA. I actually don't remember it being that close, but it has been awhile.

The NA release of BBCP had a massive delay, a better comparison would be the JP release on 10/24/13.

If they make an Extend version of CF, it will likely be over a year from now.

Hubb

The NA release of BBCP had a massive delay, a better comparison would be the JP release on 10/24/13.

They were just asking for the announcement though. Yeah the release was much better timing, but I guess I forgot there was only a 9 month delay between NA release and EX announcement.

CP EX was the worst from what I remember in terms of NA release to EX announcement. CS to CS EX was like a year and a half or more.

Rutger

Banned
They were just asking for the announcement though. Yeah the release was much better timing, but I guess I forgot there was only a 9 month delay between NA release and EX announcement.

Yeah, but just mentioning the wait between the NA release of BBCP and the announcement of BBCPE gives a bad impression on how long it would likely take so I felt it should be brought up.

Hubb

Yeah, but just mentioning the wait between the NA release of BBCP and the announcement of BBCPE gives a bad impression on how long it would likely take so I felt it should be brought up.

Yeah you're right. I'm not thinking straight, I could use more coffee.

So I played Chrono Phantasms (not Extends) story mode. Will I be good to go for this game or do I need to play CPEs?

All I remember from CP is
Ragna and Nu fought it out inside a giant sword I think? Nu still wants to merge with him and become the black beast or something. Lambda tries to help but is defeated. And......that's all I remember. Oh yeah Saya finally shows her face.

What am I missing? Probably a lot but it's been quite a while since 2014.

Shinriji

So I played Chrono Phantasms (not Extends) story mode. Will I be good to go for this game or do I need to play CPEs?

All I remember from CP is
Ragna and Nu fought it out inside a giant sword I think? Nu still wants to merge with him and become the black beast or something. Lambda tries to help but is defeated. And......that's all I remember. Oh yeah Saya finally shows her face.

What am I missing? Probably a lot but it's been quite a while since 2014.

Tsubaki is out for Ragna's blood, but Ragna is already dying. Rachel says that she must kill him before he dies because reasons. If Tsubaki couldn't do it, she should kill her instead, because more reasons.

Yep, CP epilogue was a mess, but I liked CP story mode a lot, including Celica.

Tsubaki is out for Ragna's blood, but Ragna is already dying. Rachel says that she must kill him before he dies because reasons. If Tsubaki couldn't do it, she should kill her instead, because more reasons.

Yep, CP epilogue was a mess, but I liked CP story mode a lot, including Celica.

Ah that's right, forgot that Rachel said she would kill Ragna as Tsubaki is currently still in "self-loathing" mode.

Reading the OP though it looks like a lot of stuff happened in CPEs story mode that wasn't in CP. Does CPEs story pick up where CPs left off? Might just read an overview online.

NEO0MJ

12.16.14 is when CP EX version was announcemnet and CP released 3.25.14 in NA. I actually don't remember it being that close, but it has been awhile.

I see, thanks.

Anbec7

So tomorrow when the store updates we can preorder it and gain access to the demo? This will be my first BB in quite some time lol

Fugu

This is where I say no more. Having lived in Japan for most of the past year and had an opportunity to play this release last December I am even more aware than ever of how ridiculous it is that this game is coming out in North America when it is.

The gameplay is alright if you like overdrive.

cj_iwakura

This is where I say no more. Having lived in Japan for most of the past year and had an opportunity to play this release last December I am even more aware than ever of how ridiculous it is that this game is coming out in North America when it is.

The gameplay is alright if you like overdrive.
To be fair, it's the same in Japan.

Top Bottom