• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlazBlue IV: Central Fiction |OT| Be Ready For The Phantoms

3Kaze

I wanted to import at first then I see the ps3 version is barely 30€ on amazon fr (40€ for ps4). So yeah, I'm just going to wait a bit.

sephi22

Just read on gamefaqs that end game boss #2
Susanoo
is unusable online. They're greyed out on the character select screen.

Anyone wants to discuss story spoilers? I've been reading excerpts of what happens because:
a. I don't wanna wait a month to know how this story ends
b. I want to know if there's any confusing jargon in CF's story that I need to do the earlier stories for. Turns out there is. A lot. I've forgotten my takamagaharas and my prime field devices

I have mixed opinions on (non-specific spoilers)
the fates of the cast, especially the original CT cast, at the end.

Same here. Is there anything wrong/subpar about the ps3 version of Chronophantasma Extend?

I've owned it since it went first on sale for $20 and I think it's a great version. I haven't gone online at all though. I owned the PS3 version of CP when it came out and I think CPEX on PS4 at least looks a little bit better.
EDIT: GameFAQs posters think the PS4 version of CPEX was bad because the sprites were forced to 1080p and that led to jaggies, making the PS3 version look better in comparison. Forcing PS4 output to 720p fixes that apparently. Also there's debate but no consensus over which version has better load times, though I personally find the PS4 CPEX load times to be pretty quick

Anyone wants to discuss story spoilers? I've been reading excerpts of what happens because:
a. I don't wanna wait a month to know how this story ends
b. I want to know if there's any confusing jargon in CF's story that I need to do the earlier stories for. Turns out there is. A lot. I've forgotten my takamagaharas and my prime field devices

I have mixed opinions on (non-specific spoilers)
the fates of the cast, especially the original CT cast, at the end.

I was really annoyed by
/////Hakumen's\\\\\\
ultimate fate.

They spend the entire series going "dude is only fighting at 5% power and there wouldn't be a game if he was anything higher" and then he gets killed by a backstab. I know his days were numbered after CP but I was hoping he'd get something a little more epic than that. Kinda put a bummer on the rest of the ending sequence for me because I was in total "man, that was bull" mode.

Hubb

Games up for PS4 for preorder in NA. Haven't tried doing it to see if the demo is actually working.

I'll let someone else be the tester.

Laws00

So I pre ordered the game. Got the demo. Cool

It had VS Mode, and Training Mode.

I woke up today to play it and not it has Arcade Mode.

I take it in another day or maybe couple of hours Network Mode’s Online Lobby will unlock too as well?

This is all new to me

Rutger

Banned
Did people datamine the game and find any unannounced dlc characters?

The announcers can say Jubei.

This doesn't confirm him, it could be leftover data or whatever, but that's the closest there is to a possible unannounced dlc character.

I bought this on PS4 and I am going to master Nine. This is my destiny.

Add me if you want to spar once the game drops - I'm going to training mode every night to get her combos and setups down. PSN: Karsticles.

Saikyo

Well, what a specific question. Perhaps you should head over to the dustloop forum where they're discussing that very topic.

it happened before, if I am not wrong thats how people discovered that Platinum, Valkenhein and Makoto were DLC characters on BBCS.

NEO0MJ

Doesn't he get a say about his wife?

Jubei.full.748840.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I thought I'd be all about Nine, but then the J-version dropped and I'm all about Es instead.

...But I'll probably be all about Mai when she is released.

And then like every other BB game I'll probably end up going back to Tager and Litchi, lol.

Susanoo's theme is awful, but in the fun cheesy sort of way, at least until the very end when the screaming, metal and flutes all converge and it turns into something legitimately really awesome. Doesn't last long though, and I wish the whole song sounded like that.

Speaking of, took him in training mode and he's a lot of fun. He's a lot more competent and self sufficent than you'd think when he's unpowered, with strong normals, decent point-blank mixups and his 6A being one of the best projectiles in the game. Easy execution too. His resource management is going to be a mess though. The way the cursor and his drives work it's going to be very hard to deliberately unlock the move you're trying for unless you plan out meticulously or know when to end combos early when you hit the one you want. It's a fun problem to have, though, and you can always OD -> Super if you just want everything right away and want to go all in without a burst.

I can't wait to play him online. He reminds of Azrael in that passive, turn your brain off and bully sort of way.

Narroo

it happened before, if I am not wrong thats how people discovered that Platinum, Valkenhein and Makoto were DLC characters on BBCS.

Ah, okay, I didn't realize that. I just thought someone was referencing the conversation on dustloop.

cj_iwakura

I appreciate the mix of shred and Hakumen's instruments, but the vocals are not working for me.

I think the only GOOD vocal song is Cross Line.

cj_iwakura

Already seeing some murmurings that, shocking news, the translation might not be too hot.
CummqCuWYAADW_K.jpg

Out of context, maybe, but in context, he's saying something closer to 'he'll cut every tie in the world'. They're trying to ape Hakumen's creed and it just doesn't fit.

She's mine.

Not yours.

Mine.
Eight years ago the first Blazblue game dropped. I told Q I didn't like any of the character designs. Then I saw Nine, and I said "THAT is my character" - I had no idea how she played, I just knew that would eventually be the character for me. On that day, I promised Q that I would purchase BlazBlue when they added Nine, and I would take the game seriously.

I have been waiting eight years for this moment. EIGHT YEARS.

Mine!

Also, how is your practice for her bnb coming? I am struggling to get the 4A after 6C, 214A. That timing is super tight. You'll probably get it down sooner than I will.

Oh yeah, the Nine Discord posted this bnb that seems optimal for midscreen:
5A, 5C, 3C, D, 6C, 214A, 4C, 6A, j.D, 6A, j.A, j.D, j.A, 5A, 3C, D

Basically it's combo into rock, combo into second rock, combo into freeze, knockdown into fairy. Maybe people will find something better, but the previous combo I gave you was only one rock. Now people know that you can link 4C after 214A instead of 4A, so there's an additional opportunity. I haven't practiced this one yet, though.

joe2187

Banned
I was gonna skip this one

but then you had to go and throw in the Jubei card...

if you can confirm that Jubei is in this before the US release I will buy two of the CE's one for me and one to give away.

This I promise!

only if Jubei is real.

Skilletor

Eight years ago the first Blazblue game dropped. I told Q I didn't like any of the character designs. Then I saw Nine, and I said "THAT is my character" - I had no idea how she played, I just knew that would eventually be the character for me. On that day, I promised Q that I would purchase BlazBlue when they added Nine, and I would take the game seriously.

I have been waiting eight years for this moment. EIGHT YEARS.

Mine!

Also, how is your practice for her bnb coming? I am struggling to get the 4A after 6C, 214A. That timing is super tight. You'll probably get it down sooner than I will.

Oh yeah, the Nine Discord posted this bnb that seems optimal for midscreen:
5A, 5C, 3C, D, 6C, 214A, 4C, 6A, j.D, 6A, j.A, j.D, j.A, 5A, 3C, D

Basically it's combo into rock, combo into second rock, combo into freeze, knockdown into fairy. Maybe people will find something better, but the previous combo I gave you was only one rock. Now people know that you can link 4C after 214A instead of 4A, so there's an additional opportunity. I haven't practiced this one yet, though.

Too busy during the week to play much. Going to dig in this weekend.

For me, there are two things I love in videogames more than anything else: Ninjas and Magic.

Nine is the first magic user that has actually felt like a honest to god mage. She's amazing. And apparently there's another ninja in BB now? So i've got two characters. I don't care much for how Bang has ever played, but if I keep playing, I'll try him out.

Now to figure out the damn neutral in this game. Only anime game that "makes sense" to me is GG.

I'm putting everything you've written into evernote. lol

Too busy during the week to play much. Going to dig in this weekend.

For me, there are two things I love in videogames more than anything else: Ninjas and Magic.

Nine is the first magic user that has actually felt like a honest to god mage. She's amazing. And apparently there's another ninja in BB now? So i've got two characters. I don't care much for how Bang has ever played, but if I keep playing, I'll try him out.

Now to figure out the damn neutral in this game. Only anime game that "makes sense" to me is GG.

I'm putting everything you've written into evernote. lol
I was actually surprised that you mentioned Bang as your main a while ago, because even though he's has the background of a "ninja", he doesn't have a lot of the archetypical ninja traits. The new "ninja" archetype character is much more your style. He has shadow movements where he can send a clone to attack and then either replace the clone or not, attack from multiple angles at the same time, etc. I fought the AI while using him and he gave me that "I don't know what just happened" feeling, which is something I associate with ninjas, hahaha.

I like the BlazBlue neutral MUCH more than Xrd's. There's much more space, pushblocking doesn't take meter, and there aside from a few characters designed to get in and stay there, pressure doesn't last for days (I strongly prefer games that maximize time spent in the neutral, which is one reason I love Smash games).

I'm usually completely swamped with work, but we've had parent-teacher conferences and testing all this week, so I'm all caught up. Are you hosting Saturday night? I could use a human opponent even if it is Nine mirrors. :)

Edit: When you are doing rock combos and do 5A, 5C, 3C, D, 6C, the next hit in the combo is 214A. As I posted before, the 214A is really awkward and doesn't hit right a lot of the time. I was talking to people on the Nine Discord about this, and they recommended doing 236D before the 214A to help with timing. It changes your combo follow-up (you can't double rock), but it works better for some. I want to learn the timing without 236D because the best known combo needs the fire stock you get from 6C, but I got it right for my first time ever using this trick.

Z3M0G

I play these 90% for the story mode, so no dub makes me want to not even bother...

Also I've played the 2nd and 3rd games exclusively on Vita... so that is another problem...

Pejo

Has there been any word if a Steam port is coming? I have double dipped on way too many of these games by not waiting long enough, and don't want to do it again, especially since no dub.

I'm really interested in playing out the rest of the story mode, both for the characters and the main arch, but I can wait a bit if there's a good chance it'll be PC bound.

I would accept it as an inevitability, but then Xrd Revelator still hasn't been announced and it's months old.

Anyways, the new characters all look really fun. This is the one fighting series that I can never pick a "main" on, because there are so many great characters with totally unique styles.

Hubb

Has there been any word if a Steam port is coming? I have double dipped on way too many of these games by not waiting long enough, and don't want to do it again, especially since no dub.

No word that I know of, but all the others have come so I'd expect this one to come too.

preta

This is your first BB then, Karsticles? We should play. I haven't played BB since CSEX, so it's not like I'll have much of an advantage, if any.

Narroo

Already seeing some murmurings that, shocking news, the translation might not be too hot.

Out of context, maybe, but in context, he's saying something closer to 'he'll cut every tie in the world'. They're trying to ape Hakumen's creed and it just doesn't fit.

Not too suprising; the translation since CSE has been bad, but...really? If you're going to drop the dub, at least make the text translation good.

Skilletor

I was actually surprised that you mentioned Bang as your main a while ago, because even though he's has the background of a "ninja", he doesn't have a lot of the archetypical ninja traits. The new "ninja" archetype character is much more your style. He has shadow movements where he can send a clone to attack and then either replace the clone or not, attack from multiple angles at the same time, etc. I fought the AI while using him and he gave me that "I don't know what just happened" feeling, which is something I associate with ninjas, hahaha.

I like the BlazBlue neutral MUCH more than Xrd's. There's much more space, pushblocking doesn't take meter, and there aside from a few characters designed to get in and stay there, pressure doesn't last for days (I strongly prefer games that maximize time spent in the neutral, which is one reason I love Smash games).

I'm usually completely swamped with work, but we've had parent-teacher conferences and testing all this week, so I'm all caught up. Are you hosting Saturday night? I could use a human opponent even if it is Nine mirrors. :)

Edit: When you are doing rock combos and do 5A, 5C, 3C, D, 6C, the next hit in the combo is 214A. As I posted before, the 214A is really awkward and doesn't hit right a lot of the time. I was talking to people on the Nine Discord about this, and they recommended doing 236D before the 214A to help with timing. It changes your combo follow-up (you can't double rock), but it works better for some. I want to learn the timing without 236D because the best known combo needs the fire stock you get from 6C, but I got it right for my first time ever using this trick.

Yeah, that's definitely true. BB has never had a character I really liked playing. I played Bang because he was the ninja, but I never liked him, and it's a big reason I never stuck it out.

Playing games at a friend's house this weekend. You're welcome to come, but he's only got one setup and we will almost 100% only play SF5, lol.

Next week at my place, though, definitely down to get my spell casting on.

Vic_Bast

Is this game recommended for a Fighting Game noob (actually played some GG Xrd)? I really enjoyed the art style and characters.

Top Bottom