• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLEACH Brave Souls |OT| (© Tite Kubo/Shueisha, TV TOKYO, dentsu, Pierrot)

chrono01

No idea how people have level 100 5 stars already. I can't even get enough experience to break the level 60 limit.
Farm (and hope) for 3* character drops on Hard. Bonus points if you have one of the "common" units, such as Ichigo/Orihime. Oh, and yen. Lots and lots of yen.

Personally, I'm only Level 70 now, but I probably have enough to Aizen to Level 75. The problem is...I lack the yen to do so. I need to farm more on the weekend but, while I wait, I'm going to try to get as many 3/4* from Shinji's event as I can so I can (hopefully) Ascend him to Level 80 while I'm at it.

I really need this Shinji event so I can farm some Ascension fodder, as lvl 65 ain't cutting it. I feel like I'm going to hit a brick wall in difficulty when I get to the Arrancar Invasion Hard story mode. I'm near the end of the Rescue arc (91) and I'm really struggling now, especially when I have blue enemies (3 of my 5 5*s are red and 60 Orihime / 60 Renji aren't strong enough to take on bosses).

RalchAC

The new stage on Very Hard is... well, hard.

With me current team which has 5* Shinji (60), 5* Renji (58) I have to play safe, be careful and pay attention. Enemies can easily deal 70-100 damage in one attack, there are various debuffs (Burn and Poison) and that Vizard girl hits like a truck too.

Not complaining, but I can't really clear the stage in less than 5 minutes.

How is it going for the rest of you. And, I don't know if it's going to help any of you, but here are the bosses colours:

Normal -> Inteligence (Purple)
Hard -> Strength (Red)
Very Hard -> Technique (Green)

Need more STR friends for the Very Hard stage. Fight takes forever without an ally :p

chrono01

I went with Aizen (70), Orihime (60) and Uryu (60). Got 2:45 my first time, cutting it close for that three-star clear. It's great for farming, though. So many crystal drops and I've already received a few 3* characters (no Lisa yet ;_;). Hopefully my luck remains...

No premium ticket for Very Hard clear, though. :(

Milr

Guess I'm a bit spoiled, I've been clearing in under 2 min without paying any attention and letting auto do its thing. I've yet to see any character drops yet though (at least I got one from a summon ticket).. Orihime is so close to that +4.

Edit: got Lisa on my 5th try.

Wow, last 4 runs gave me that Lisa and 3 3* Ichigos (2 of them in one run o_O); just +4'd my Orihime.

chrono01

Guess I'm a bit spoiled, I've been clearing in under 2 min without paying any attention and letting auto do its thing. I've yet to see any character drops yet though (at least I got one from a summon ticket).. Orihime is so close to that +4.

Edit: got Lisa on my 5th try.

A Level 100 Grimmjow would do that. :)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Character droprate on Shinjis Theater is already way better than what the Kon stage had to offer - good.

I went with Aizen (70), Orihime (60) and Uryu (60). Got 2:45 my first time, cutting it close for that three-star clear. It's great for farming, though. So many crystal drops and I've already received a few 3* characters (no Lisa yet ;_;). Hopefully my luck remains...

No premium ticket for Very Hard clear, though. :(
No premium ticket is a bit disappointing. Also i wish the game had a system like Monster Strike that allows you to upgrade lower quality crystals to their better versions.

chrono01

No premium ticket is a bit disappointing. Also i wish the game had a system like Monster Strike that allows you to upgrade lower quality crystals to their better versions.
That'd be great. It's not terribly difficult to get crystals though, with how plentiful they drop, but anything to make it easier!

Oh, speaking of easier, I think I've received more 3* character drops already from the Shinji event (including that 4* Lisa!) than the entirety of Kon's. Insane.

Edit: They just showed Nnoitra and Nel on the KLab NicoNico stream.

1EGJite.png

Nnoitra looked insane, quick attack animations and nice range with those scythes. His special seemed a lot like Aizen, being a full-screen AOE. I'm not sure if it has any status changes, since the special killed the boss. His abilities seemed to be a spinning attack as well a leap/ground stab with the scythes. Nel had decent range with her weapon, and quick animations too. Her abilities were essentially a lunge, a beam, and another leap/ground smash. Her special did seem as nice, being only a simple beam. Not too bad, though.

I really want Nnoitra, he seems like he'd be really good in PVP. Here's hoping we get them in February when Japan does!

RalchAC

Did we get as much story stuff as Japan?

I mean, we have 4 chapters, which is the first arc, the whole Soul Society one and finally the first part of the Arrancar arc.

That's a lot of content, especially when you consider there is a hard mode too.

Milr

Also i wish the game had a system like Monster Strike that allows you to upgrade lower quality crystals to their better versions.
Yeah, that'd be nice. I have enough large crystals to finish off Grimm & Orihime's soul trees, but sorely lacking in mediums.

I really want Nnoitra, he seems like he'd be really good in PVP. Here's hoping we get them in February when Japan does!

We also receive five free Spirit Orbs for the KLab broadcast I mentioned earlier. Check your Gift Box!
Well, this is a promising sign :)

To add on to what you posted, Nel is blue and Nnoitra is red.

I have the weirdest RNG luck. I got a grand total of 1 drop from ~15 runs (Each difficulty then VH for the rest), however that one was a 4* Lisa on my very first run (Normal). O__o

The gold and exp rates are better in story mode, however crystals drop like crazy here so I'll be running this event for quite a while. I just hope I start getting some Ascension fodder.

RalchAC

I have the weirdest RNG luck. I got a grand total of 1 drop from ~15 runs (Each difficulty then VH for the rest), however that one was a 4* Lisa on my very first run (Normal). O__o

The gold and exp rates are better in story mode, however crystals drop like crazy here so I'll be running this event for quite a while. I just hope I start getting some Ascension fodder.

I haven't got a single 3* fodder unit today. Neither Lisa.

So I don't really know what I'm doing. And while crystals are nice, I don't have enough money to keep evolving the soul tree.

I need more motivation!

chrono01

I don't want to start a conspiracy, but I noticed an in-game data download early this morning after the Shinji event began (and I obtained a decent amount of 3*, as well as 4* Lisa). I was thinking it might be something gatcha-related (maybe a new gatcha in the next few days, possibly the Nnoitra/Nel in February?), but now I'm starting to think they might have fixed the 3* drop-rates for the event. I ran it six times this morning and managed three 3* drops. Not bad, but before that I was getting one (sometimes two) 3* per run.

Of course, this could just be RNG, but I wanted to mention it since a few seemed to be having some bad luck.

Now let us theorize what that data download entailed. I'm still going with a new gatcha. We're in dire need of one. From what I can see (with us receiving the orbs for the Japanese NicoNico stream), KLab is treating the Global release very similarly to the Japanese version. Considering we received ALL of the characters currently available in the Japanese version of the gatcha (outside of event/holiday-only characters), it's quite possible that whenever they get a new gatcha we get the same one. That'd be nice, as it would make news in the Japanese version more exciting since we know we'd be getting it too. I mean, we launched with accessories, something that didn't come later in the Japanese version.

Milr

I think that conspiracy theory is really going out on a limb. I don't even think they'd need to have us initiate a download for something as simple as a "drop rate tweak" anyways.

I do agree with the latter part of your post though. This game definitely seems to have a closer tie between its global and Japan versions than any other game in this genre that I've seen. It would be refreshing to not know what super OP must-have card is coming along 4-6 months down the line and be able to enjoy the ride instead...

chrono01

I think that conspiracy theory is really going out on a limb. I don't even think they'd need to have us initiate a download for something as simple as a "drop rate tweak" anyways.

I do agree with the latter part of your post though. This game definitely seems to have a closer tie between its global and Japan versions than any other game in this genre that I've seen. It would be refreshing to not know what super OP must-have card is coming along 4-6 months down the line and be able to enjoy the ride instead...
Shh, but conspiracies are fun!

Milr

Looks like that data download was actually a new event. 5 different stages, 3 difficulty levels each = lots of orbs just in time for our next summon event (75).

According to the news post, a total of 6 bronze summoning tickets and 3 silver will be rewarded for clearing "very hard" difficulty on each stage. The legend stage will be our first non co-op recommended level 100 stage, should be fun.

Edit:

Nice timing.

Milr

Guys, has anybodyu got a 3* unit that wasn't Ichigo on Shinji's theater event? I have no luck with other units so far...
I've gotten 6 Ichigos and 3 Shinjis so far. Also only got 1 Lisa, and that was from early yesterday, seems really, really rare.

Stider

Decided to do 2 multi draws for some fodder for Aizen, end up with 4 new 4*s and 5* Hiyori :) Aizen almost fully limit broken so I can soon start on building to 100.

chrono01

Decided to do 2 multi draws for some fodder for Aizen, end up with 4 new 4*s and 5* Hiyori :) Aizen almost fully limit broken so I can soon start on building to 100.
Congrats on the 5*!

Once I get enough money, I think I might just fuse all of the 2* (along with the 3* I obtained from the current event) I have in my inventory and be done with Aizen, cost be damned. I'm so tired of him being at Level 70 and not being able to fill out his Soul Tree. Not anymore!

Stider

Congrats on the 5*!

Once I get enough money, I think I might just fuse all of the 2* (along with the 3* I obtained from the current event) I have in my inventory and be done with Aizen, cost be damned. I'm so tired of him being at Level 70 and not being able to fill out his Soul Tree. Not anymore!

Thanks!

Getting Aizen to 100 for these events is the only reason I drew this time, still have about 500 saved for any new characters/special event recruiting. Making sure to save at least 1 of each 3/4* so I can max them out for more gems.

linkent

Gratz! She hits really hard..

Congrats on the 5*!

Wait for this new event and see the drop rate.
Imo this shinji event is very generous in 3* drop rate.
The very hard stage should be doable with your Aizen right?

Dont forget that Kisuke/Uruhara give bonus coin drop if you have him.
Hardmode 61 give 1.6k coins in 20s fight.

chrono01

Wait for this new event and see the drop rate.
Imo this shinji event is very generous in 3* drop rate.
The very hard stage should be doable with your Aizen right?

Dont forget that Kisuke/Uruhara give bonus coin drop if you have him.
Hardmode 61 give 1.6k coins in 20s fight.
Yeah, I've been farming the Shinji event on Very Hard since it was released (I've been busy this evening so not much time to play, but I'll grit out more tomorrow). I've gotten a few 3* character drops, enough to take my Aizen from 70-75 anyway. 75-80 though...might require me to use some of my 2* fodder, unless I'm patient and wait it out. Not sure if I will be, seeing so many with Level 100's already (congrats to them, though!). At least I'm set on crystals for a while.

No Kisuke/Urahara, unfortunately. :(

linkent

Wow the new mission are quite hard.
Couldnt auto the expert mission coz of the stupid ninjas..
But it drops 2x3* on normal.. Should be even better on the next difficulty..

Legend stages have TEQ/green bosses.

done normal Legend @4:46.
luckily i have gotten this Hiyori(STR), or else that will be hard to get.

Milr

Nice one, congrats!

No Kisuke/Urahara, unfortunately. :(
I farmed 3 copies on stage 153, it was definitely worthwhile.

Legend stages have TEQ/green bosses.
Well that figures. Orihime is going to have her work cut out for her lol.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The new event will be here for a while so thats cool - nearly a month didnt expect that. Cleared all stages except the final difficulty one.

linkent

5:15 Hard legend! should be able to get it with stronger friend..
hopeless with he very hard i think. maybe can try using all buffs..

anyone know where to farm hanataro 2*, uryu 1*, rukia 1*?
shouldnt have fed them to others.. need max them to complete my 1/2* album..

linkent

I've rerollling for a five star for about two days now and I've gotten Kaname once. Is he good or keep rerollling?

he is not the best, but to keep my sanity, i would use any 5* to start the game.
you should be able to get at least 1000orbs.
just do few multi either now or the next gacha poster then and hope you got another 5*.

i was lucky to get 5* Byakuya which is the only 5* i gotten after 2/3days of rerolling.
But i would settle for any 5* really.

thaOwner

he is not the best, but to keep my sanity, i would use any 5* to start the game.
you should be able to get at least 1000orbs.
just do few multi either now or the next gacha poster then and hope you got another 5*.

i was lucky to get 5* Byakuya which is the only 5* i gotten after 2/3days of rerolling.
But i would settle for any 5* really.

As soon as I posted this article, I pulled 5* Grimjaw. Thanks for your response.

I did another 10 pull so I could get fodder to feed Vizard Ichigo. I ended up with a 5* Chad (New), 4* Szayelaporro (dupe), two 4* Komamuras (2x dupe) and six 3* fodder. That went far better than I expected!

This game loves giving me Red 5*s it seems (Vizard Ichigo, Bankai Ichigo, Hiyori and now Chad).

Edit: I get a team bonus (Rescuers, +10 ATK, +10 STA) for using Ichigo, Chad and Orihime. Nice!

MiTYH

I posted this earlier but I'm still curious:

I now have two 3* Ichigos, of different attributes (purple/red). Which is better, or should I save both?

linkent

I posted this earlier but I'm still curious:

I now have two 3* Ichigos, of different attributes (purple/red). Which is better, or should I save both?
Keep 1 of both, level up, ascend, and get orbs.
If you desperately need to use it to ascend your 5* then go with the purple one as we can farm lots of purple ichigo3*

Milr

As soon as I posted this article, I pulled 5* Grimjaw. Thanks for your response.
Very nice, you'll enjoy him ;)

I did another 10 pull so I could get fodder to feed Vizard Ichigo. I ended up with a 5* Chad (New), 4* Szayelaporro (dupe), two 4* Komamuras (2x dupe) and six 3* fodder. That went far better than I expected!

This game loves giving me Red 5*s it seems (Vizard Ichigo, Bankai Ichigo, Hiyori and now Chad).

Edit: I get a team bonus (Rescuers, +10 ATK, +10 STA) for using Ichigo, Chad and Orihime. Nice!
Quit hogging all of the reds, you're making Legend difficulty harder on the rest of us :(

Didn't have to wait long for a rate up, still think I'll pass on this one though.

chrono01

Oh wow, starting by pulling not only a top-tier character, but Grimmjow of all things. Congrats!

Congrats to you on your new 5*, as well. d(^_^)v

Didn't have to wait long for a rate up, still think I'll pass on this one though.
Nice, I didn't expect a rate-up so soon. I have just under 1000 Spirit Orbs, so I might try a ten pull and see how things go. Actually, if there's no bonus for doing a ten-pull (which it doesn't look like there is), I might just do single pulls since I find those more exciting.

Milr

Well, beating Legend with Grimmjow was about as fun as you can imagine...

Orihime actually helped a lot more on Aizen than Gin (who killed her without much resistance), but Aizen had so much health. x_x

SoulUnison

Banned
Nice, I didn't expect a rate-up so soon. I have just under 1000 Spirit Orbs, so I might try a ten pull and see how things go. Actually, if there's no bonus for doing a ten-pull (which it doesn't look like there is), I might just do single pulls since I find those more exciting.

10-Pulls guarantee you at least 1 4* character.

chrono01

10-Pulls guarantee you at least 1 4* character.
They keep that for all gatcha, huh? I guess I'll do a ten-pull then, I just hate not seeing a rainbow light and knowing that the subsequent ten units definitely won't be 5*. :(

Speaking of *, I can't get 2/3* units to drop. I want to finish my Aizen and I've been farming the Shinji event non-stop. I got maybe 10 3* total (taking me from 70 --> 75), but the final set is proving difficult. I tried running Hard difficulty and experienced the same thing, at least with the Shinji event I get crystals so it's not a total waste.

I just want to finish him off, damn it! To those with Level 100 characters (some multiple), what's your secret? I feed whatever 3* I get (I'm even to the point of feeding 2*) but it's still not good enough. Should I stop doing the event and focus on story content instead? I've gone through the first two chapters on Hard and I can count the number of 3* I obtained on one hand. :/

chrono01

Yeeeeeeeeees, finally!

I grinded Urahara's Gold mission all day to afford all of those Ascensions. Now to do so again for gold to raise his max level to 100.
Congrats!

I have the money (well, enough to ascend Aizen anyway), just no fodder. They never drop. ~_~

linkent

They keep that for all gatcha, huh? I guess I'll do a ten-pull then, I just hate not seeing a rainbow light and knowing that the subsequent ten units definitely won't be 5*. :(

does first non-rainbow light guarantee that the subsequent later unit wont be 5*?
That seriously sux.

Speaking of *, I can't get 2/3* units to drop. I want to finish my Aizen and I've been farming the Shinji event non-stop. I got maybe 10 3* total (taking me from 70 --> 75), but the final set is proving difficult. I tried running Hard difficulty and experienced the same thing, at least with the Shinji event I get crystals so it's not a total waste.

I just want to finish him off, damn it! To those with Level 100 characters (some multiple), what's your secret? I feed whatever 3* I get (I'm even to the point of feeding 2*) but it's still not good enough. Should I stop doing the event and focus on story content instead? I've gone through the first two chapters on Hard and I can count the number of 3* I obtained on one hand. :/

Is Aizen not strong enough to auto the very hard version of Shinji?
Byakuya could solo Kon's with auto @60.
Which gave me enough 3* to ascend him to 100.

Shinji shouldnt be that difficult to do at very hard too,
I have gotten enough Lisa to 100 my Hiyori.
And now sitting with 30/40 3* That i dont want to use on Renji.

There is no secret, just keep playing on very hard of Shinji's stage.
Almost never waste tickets except sleeptime here.
Very hard shinji stage drop the most unit to ascend.

chrono01

Is Aizen not strong enough to auto the very hard version of Shinji?
Byakuya could solo Kon's with auto @60.
Which gave me enough 3* to ascend him to 100.

Shinji shouldnt be that difficult to do at very hard too,
I have gotten enough Lisa to 100 my Hiyori.
And now sitting with 30/40 3* That i dont want to use on Renji.

There is no secret, just keep playing on very hard of Shinji's stage.
Almost never waste tickets except sleeptime here.
Very hard shinji stage drop the most unit to ascend.
I've been doing the Shinji event on Very Hard all day, I've only managed...maybe four 3* drops, that's it. :(

Top Bottom