• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLEACH: HEAT THE SOUL 3 (PSP): New Official Site Open + Media:

Matix

BLEACH: HEAT THE SOUL 3 (PSP): New Official Site Open + Media:
http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/bleach/heat3/

858578bu.jpg

Mook1e

I've got both the first and the second. Not bad when played multiplayer.
If 3 isn't online, i'm not getting it.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
BudokaiMR2 said:
Third time the charm...?

I never got my hands on the first 2 because I heard they were absolutely horrid...

Someone lied to you then. They're shallow, but fun nonetheless.

DaCocoBrova said:
Someone lied to you then. They're shallow, but fun nonetheless.

Didn't the first one only have like 6 characters though...?

I dunno I am enjoying Bleach DS enough to stay away from the PSP ones.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
BudokaiMR2 said:
Didn't the first one only have like 6 characters though...?

I dunno I am enjoying Bleach DS enough to stay away from the PSP ones.
the first one was a total piece of shit that was the one with 6 characters, the second one was decent.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Error2k4 said:
the first one was a total piece of shit that was the one with 6 characters, the second one was decent.

And even then, the second Heat The Soul gets old WAY too fast. Avoid until Eighting makes the Bleach games as good as their Naruto Geiktou Ninja Taisen games.

If you want a good Bleach game, get the DS game.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Error2k4 said:

If a shallow roster makes a game 'SHIT PIECE TOTAL', then I guess you have a point, but they're both pretty similar. Only difference is that the second one has a few more characters. There are many, many other aspects of game design that can make a game good or bad, other than the number of characters.

DaCocoBrova said:
If a shallow roster makes a game 'SHIT PIECE TOTAL', then I guess you have a point, but they're both pretty similar. Only difference is that the second one has a few more characters. There are many, many other aspects of game design that can make a game good or bad, other than the number of characters.

Yeah but putting in 6 characters when there is a huge already a huge selection to choose from is just lazy and is a perfect example of a rush job.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
ichigo kurosaki said:
Look in the character's section of the site... 33 characters? o_O That's like 4 times the original release

It looks like they went the DBZ route and have multiple versions of the same character. Like I can see that regular Ichigo and bankai Ichigo are there, same goes for Renji, and there are also two version of Ishida.

Still cool to have that many choices though. And my girl Yoruichi can kick some serious ass.

llTll said:
nice man. i love bleach :D

Yeah, me too. Hopefully this turns out better.

Wounded bandaged Ichigo is damn badass looking, I just loved that about the Soul Society arc, the more punishment he takes the more bandages he gets, Ichigo certainly loses that hardcore edgy look when he's not wounded.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Is Eighteen even developing it? I don't see them on that page and I could've sworn that they always spelt their name in romanji.

jarrod

Banned
jj984jj said:
Is Eighteen even developing it? I don't see them on that page and I could've sworn that they always spelt their name in romanji.
Their name wasn't prominent for the previous 2 games either iirc. And it's actually "Eighting" or "8ing" for short. :)

Speaking of 8ing, I think they're the most prolific 3D fighter developer these days...

-Bloody Roar 3 [PlayStation 2] (2001) Hudson/Activision
-Tekken Advance [GameBoy Advance] (2001) Namco
-Bloody Roar Extreme/Primal Fury [GameCube] (2002) Hudson/Activision
-Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen!/Clash of Ninja [GameCube] (2002/2006) Tomy/D3
-Bloody Roar Extreme [XBox] (2003) Hudson/Konami
-Bloody Roar 4 [PlayStation 2] (2003) Hudson/Konami
-Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 2/Clash of Ninja 2 [GameCube] (2003/2006) Tomy/D3
-Konjiki no Gashbell: Yujoh Tag Battle [GameCube] (2004) Bandai
-FullMetal Alchemist: Dream Carnival [PlayStation 2] (2004) Bandai
-Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 3 [GameCube] (2004) Tomy
-Bleach: Heat the Soul [PSP] (2005) SCEI
-Konjiki no Gashbell: Yuujou Tag Battle 2/Zatch Bell! Mamodo Battles [GameCube] (2005) Bandai
-Konjiki no Gashbell: Yuujou Tag Battle 2/Zatch Bell! Mamodo Battles [PlayStation 2] (2005) Bandai
-Inuyasha: Ougi Ranbu/Feudal Combat [PlayStation 2] (2006) Bandai
-Bleach: Heat the Soul 2 [PSP] (2005) SCEI
-From TV Animation - One Piece: Fighting For One Piece [PlayStation 2] (2005) Bandai
-Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen! 4 [GameCube] (2005) Tomy
-Bleach: Heat the Soul 3 [PSP] (2006) SCEI
-Tekken: Dark Resurrection [PSP] (2006) Namco Bandai

Just wanted to bump to say that this looks nice and will probably be better than Bleach Wii and...

How much did Bleach HTS2 sell? I've not seen it on any of the Japanese sales charts. HTS1 sold about 90k, so I doubt HTS2 bombed.

The group battle mode looks very half-assed, much like GNT3's team battle option. Although that doesn't really matter to me; RANGIKU-SAMA as a playable character is more than enough compensation.

That game looks pretty, and seems to have a LOOONGGG cast list. Nice.

I'll import if it's more akin to the Naruto GC games.

BTW: Has it been confirmed that the Bankai characters are separate characters or do you pick the character and are able to unleash Bankai when your special meter fills? The special meter has 3 sections, so I'm assuming:

Normal -> Shikai -> Bankai?

Fusebox

Banned
I absolutely LOVE the graphics in Bleach on PSP but the fighting engine was a little weak so I got Bleach DS but then the graphics (particularly the animation) took a massive hit and I couldnt really get into it either.

Heres hoping they can load this new PSP version with all the right specials and Bankais and stuff coz they've already perfected the art. :)

7Th

typhonsentra said:
It looks good, but I don't recognize some of these characters. Are they using people from the filler arc too?

No, they're people from the latest manga arc.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Error2k4 said:
mine mine

edit: where the **** is Urahara? >:|

Excellent question. Considering he just started fighting in the manga, I'm sure players will be thirsting to play as him. I sure am.

EDIT: Oooh, Espada, I'm all over this shit. Manga canon ftw.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The Abominable Snowman said:
Wasnt Urahara in HTS2?

I've only played Bleach DS and GC (which BLLLLLEEEWWW hard). I have no idea.

Top Bottom