• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bleeding Edge code not sent out for review

I’ve played for 6ish hours on PC Gamepass so far

it’s not bad. It’s not great but it’s not bad

I didnt expect it be as polished as Overwatch off the jump

Teamwork is lacking while playing with randoms, communication is completely non-existent, people aren’t even pinging

the heroes are fun, the gameplay is simple but nuanced enough to feel rewarding after a good play

runs like a dream on PC

I’d rate it a 7 out 10 so far

character customization progression is nice for grinders like me

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
Like most of their games, they need a new studio head.
bomba-png-3.png

It a 7 game imo

Well, you're on the right track

XboxERA ( no, not the forum like SonyERA or SonyGaf :D ) - 7.5

AltChair - 7

McCheese

They sent out beta invites, I was quite impressed by the game. They did a really poor job of promoting it, I think most folks just hand-waved it off as another late to the party overwatch clone, but in actuality, it's probably the closest thing to a Powerstone title since, well, Powerstone 2.

Unfortunately, it's half-baked, the funding model of first-party gamepass titles means they basically give you a limited budget to make half a game and virtually no advertising. Then only if it does well, will they further fund it to live on as a software-as-a-service title. Given a bit more time and money this could have launched as a full-priced great game, but they've clearly had to cut a lot of corners in terms of lack of modes, lack of maps, and lack of time polishing up vital components like a camera that doesn't make you feel nauseous after 10 minutes.

It's the software equivalent of fast-food.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Who knows what it'll get.

All I know looking at their game history and playing some games, their way of making games is lots of style, flash and unique artwork.

Usually good production values. But gameplay can vary from solid to ok to non-existent (Hellblade 1).

This kind of studio is THE perfect kind of developer that fits Gamepass. It's got backing from MS. And for me, I'll never risk spending $30 or $60 on one of their games. But if it's part of a sub plan, why not give it a whirl for half an hour.

Last edited:
They sent out beta invites, I was quite impressed by the game. They did a really poor job of promoting it, I think most folks just hand-waved it off as another late to the party overwatch clone, but in actuality, it's probably the closest thing to a Powerstone title since, well, Powerstone 2.

Unfortunately, it's half-baked, the funding model of first-party gamepass titles means they basically give you a limited budget to make half a game and virtually no advertising. Then only if it does well, will they further fund it to live on as a software-as-a-service title. Given a bit more time and money this could have launched as a full-priced great game, but they've clearly had to cut a lot of corners in terms of lack of modes, lack of maps, and lack of time polishing up vital components like a camera that doesn't make you feel nauseous after 10 minutes.

Yeah the lack of polish and fleshed out content is apparent from the jump. Wonder if it will all get added in down the road

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I played a bit of the full game today, and other than some major lag spikes, I've been having a lot of fun with it. Seems a little light on content though, so I expect the scores to end up around 7 to 7.5. Nothing mind-blowing, but fun nonetheless.

Reactions: Isa
Biggest issue with the game is not the games fault

playing with randoms in this game makes playing with randoms in OW feel like you’re in the pro leagues

there is absolutely zero communication and people play it like team deathmatch. Most times my team doesn’t even try to deliver when the nodes are up

also most people don’t know they have hoverboards

Last edited:

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

Except Bleeding Edge existed before Game Pass and the Microsoft purchase. It's just a side project for Ninja Theory.

GHG

Gold Member
Biggest issue with the game is not the games fault

playing with randoms in this game makes playing with randoms in OW feel like you’re in the pro leagues

there is absolutely zero communication and people play it like team deathmatch. Most times my team doesn’t even try to deliver when the nodes are up

Apex Legends' system has proven that blaming the players for their lack of communication is not an excuse. There now exists a blueprint for how to solve this issue.

These devs play games online with random like everyone else does from time to time. They should expect poor (or a lack of) communication between random players and therefore put systems in place to rectify or at least alleviate the problem.

The same goes for people going off and doing their own thing. Either incentive teamwork further or punish those who are being single minded (or both).

They've got to foster a player base that communicates and plays to the objective, it doesn't just come automatically.

rubhen925

The reason being servers went live at 3am EST today. Being completely mp based its understandable but still wish they could have sent the codes earlier. Sent me mine last night but deep into One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 and Persona 5 Royal....

I don't get why they want to review a multiplayer only game in the first place... Its a game with dumb fun if you have buddies to play with. Usually reviewers always complain about the LACK of single player story mode in these types of games.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Well the reviews are being published and it is not good.
Sub 70 on meta.

It is curious to see the reviews started two days ago but no review thread was created.

Last edited:
Except Bleeding Edge existed before Game Pass and the Microsoft purchase. It's just a side project for Ninja Theory.
Dont tell them facts, you will ruin the "cheap shitty games for gamepass" line.
MS will make more money from a person buying the game outright, than just playing it on Gamepass, but again thats not what they want to hear.
The salt coming from Sony fans is just amazing.
P.S. I dont have gamepass.

Kagey K

Banned
I would say the standard is higher than for ps games. There are a lot of multiplatform games that are higher rated on PS4 compared to Xbox, although they are even better looking on Xbox one X.
Oof

That is a culmination of a bunch of things.

1. PS4 is more popular so most reviewers ask for PS codes.
2. PS players really value their “story” so the more cutscenes the better
3. Bigger sites tend to copy and paste reviews for both systems rather then actually playing on both systems.
4. It seems Xbox reviewers actually rate the gameplay itself instead of the “experience.”

With all that said one or 2 bad review scores can shift the model on Xbox harder then they can on PS4 due to the lack of number of reviews.

It’s not a way to assess if a game is better or worse then their other console counterparts, and it makes Opencritics scoring more valuable (though not infallible) compared to Metacritic.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned

Shit looked mediocre and generic since day one. Microsoft never learns and doesn't have a drop of innovation or new blood in most of the ips thy put out, it's sad.

Now post the tweets of Timdog and blubozo saying how much fun thy are having, how good it looks and how Sony fans are jelly thy don't have a game like this or Crackdown 3 😂😂😂🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Enjoy your gamepass games on your nextbox.

Last edited:

JTCx

I would say the standard is higher than for ps games. There are a lot of multiplatform games that are higher rated on PS4 compared to Xbox, although they are even better looking on Xbox one X.
right because games like Bleeding Edge is so sophisticated that no mere mortals can comprehend.

lmfao.

Shit looked mediocre and generic since day one. Microsoft never learns and doesn't have a drop of innovation or new blood in most of the ips thy put out, it's sad.

Now post the tweets of Timdog and blubozo saying how much fun thy are having, how good it looks and how Sony fans are jelly thy don't have a game like this or Crackdown 3 😂😂😂🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Enjoy your gamepass games on your nextbox.
Such a salty troll.

JTCx

Well it does require some skill, something most reviewers tend to lack.

You can’t review a game you don’t understand.

So i would say his point is valid.
so his point is valid because its a game not available on the ps. lulok.

Hestar69

Played the beta and I have to say, this is the only game from NT I haven't liked or enjoyed at all (and yes, I enjoyed DmC).

Top Bottom