• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard Continues to Neuter World of Warcraft

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Last edited:

Abhorash

Neo Member
They just increasingly make it sure that whoever's still playing WoW nowadays is a Blizzard drone - and will eat up anything anyway. Seriously, if you're still playing WoW at this day and age, you're either hopelessly addicted to that game (so logic means nothing), or their new woke crowd that they pander to. Even that stereotypical WoW nerd Asmongold left for greener pastures and only very occasionally plays it.

Last edited:

Soodanim

At this rate WoW will be a memory in 5 years, and people will do YouTube documentaries on what went wrong because it will be little more than a case study.

Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
grumpy-cat-good.jpg

Sinthor

Gold Member
You know, there has to be something socially and culturally significant about this odd (to me) sense of "ownership" that some people have with these games. Just as a quick example- I think we all agree that sexual harassment is just not cool. So to have a major scandal break out for a company like Blizzard is definitely something that gets noticed. But what does that matter to ME as a PLAYER of the game? Does it affect my gaming experience? It doesn't. But there seem to be a lot of people who treat things like this as if they were employees of the company and they feel that have to "do something" either within or outside of the game. I don't understand what makes that happen. And a boycott takes dollars away from the "bad guys" at a company as well as the innocent or even victims. I guess all this political and social justice in corporations is what has me confused. And like I said, I bet that psychologists and sociologists are having a field day with all of it.

I also don't understand the pressure to make these kinds of "woke " changes to games. It SEEMS as if it's just a very vocal but small minority of people actually clamoring from these changes. But it's happening so much, that I'm starting to wonder if they are in fact the majority? Or is it that the internal company employees are driving the changes with backup from that minority outside of the companies? It's fascinating, but it also seems to be a destructive spiral that is tearing things down, sometimes gradually and sometimes more quickly. But bottom line, it doesn't seem to be having any positive impact overall, only negative.

Really, interesting to watch this all happen. Maybe we won't really know what it all means or meant until we're years past it all. I dunno...

I wonder if at least Western society isn't tearing apart because of no big external enemy to face? For decades it was the Soviet Union, etc. Now, without some bogeyman to be wary of outside, It almost seems like people are bored, have it too easy, or something like that so that they are picking and tearing at everything internally so they have something fight maybe? Ok...enough... I'll stop my wandering thoughts for the night. Just really puzzles me seeing this all happening and watching it accelerate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom