• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard Representative Endorses Harassment of Popular Wow Streamer Asmongold and Calls Him an Asshole

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
He's only hating on WoW because he loves the game. Doesn't take a genius to see what's wrong with WoW. He wants it to be better and not worse. Sadly Blizzard as a company is more interested in causing more problems for their playerbase then solving the problems they have.

Introducing new problems to solve other problems isn't what players want. Players will want a grind that is meaningful and fun and want all that effort they made to mean something or remain tangible.

Considering they removed your artifact weapon, Azerite Armor and magic necklace.

And I imagine players aren't satisfied with just World Quests, endless farm of ash and raids. Because that just turns it into doing dailies and then logging off. Bunch of unfun if you ask me.

And for a while now WoW has been nothing more then a subscription model to beta test a early access game since the developer apparently don't test their own systems and expects the player to on their Public Test Realm which honestly shouldn't be a thing. At. All.

I can see the potential of PTR if the devs took consideration of what player feedback they get but more often then not I haven't seen anything meaningful.

Players will be happier if their character can be made stronger and feel like it to instead of relying on this constant temporary power of the xpac bullshit.

ManaByte

Gold Member
mfl2sbrqbbv11.jpg
Well he wasn‘t wrong. Classic died FAST and Classic BC was dead before launch.

Kenpachii

Not hard to be wrong, when u control the game and make it a absolute unplayable shitfest to the point u have to quit.

I can also be right about the next winning lottery number, if i decide what the number is.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Not hard to be wrong, when u control the game and make it a absolute unplayable shitfest to the point u have to quit
No people had such nostalgia about Vanilla that when Blizzard released a true Classic WoW they had to make a massive “This is not a bug” post about all the things people were whining about because their nostalgia made them forget how Vanilla really was.

Here's a thought, if you're someone who is making the claim that Asmongold is bad and/or wrong, provide evidence that supports your claims. Let's get this out in the open and discuss and/or debate on the merits of your evidence and claims. To not do so, just provides anyone who is a Pro-Asmongold Supporter more reason to completely ignore any claims you make as nothing but from a hater.

Kenpachii

No people had such nostalgia about Vanilla that when Blizzard released a true Classic WoW they had to make a massive “This is not a bug” post about all the things people were whining about because their nostalgia made them forget how Vanilla really was.

Yet private servers never had those issue's.

Kenpachii

Because they weren’t true Vanilla WoW.

Bliz version also was not, things where tweaked. Go look at BM loot, its totally different from the main game. Also the game started in the last patch which made everything far more easier as everything is nerfed and all the upgraded skills where already there even while they didn't release the content of those patches. They tuned even more later on and added stuff that didn't even exist in vanilla.

Last edited:
I played Classic for about a year when it came out, then went back to Retail. Perhaps it was my server/faction (Askhandi Horde) but we never had population problems in the 1st year. Perhaps during the second year it tanked, but not before then at all.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Classic was quite popular when it released and maintained a good population until the drip fed content became too long to wait for. People left and returned when new content came out. And now that there is never going to *be* new content, there is no real reason to continue playing it for prolonged periods.

If Blizzard was smart, they would have used this as a chance to create an alternate universe of WoW where they continued to release new content in the same vein in how the original stuff was designed. Though Blizz sucks at releasing content at a timely schedule and htey don't even have their "perfectionist" tendencies anymore.

Kenpachii

Classic was quite popular when it released and maintained a good population until the drip fed content became too long to wait for. People left and returned when new content came out. And now that there is never going to *be* new content, there is no real reason to continue playing it for prolonged periods.

If Blizzard was smart, they would have used this as a chance to create an alternate universe of WoW where they continued to release new content in the same vein in how the original stuff was designed. Though Blizz sucks at releasing content at a timely schedule and htey don't even have their "perfectionist" tendencies anymore.

That's exactly what i wanted to happen.

Thabass

This is why Yoshi P laughs at people when FFXIV 1.0 fans want 1.0 servers. He will never do it because it was a trashy, buggy game.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Yeah I would have preferred an alternate timeline for new shit. Instead it became a P2W scheme. Half the time in Classic was dominated by WTB/WTS dungeon carry runs. And if you get into a guild they generally pressure you to play a class a certain way for that top 1% min max optimization.

Really disappointing.

Tg89

The problem is Blizzard doesn't have the talent left to create an alternate universe of WoW that goes along the Vanilla/TBC design philosophy.

Anyway, Classic/Classic TBC were great for what they were/are. Definitely some things that should have been changed for the better, some tuning of bosses/removing of things like World Buffs could have made it more interesting. The min/max culture and more specifically the accessibility of information worked against the "spirit" of Vanilla. I always forget that Vanilla came out in a time where Youtube didn't really even exist. Things that you would have had to spend hours reading EJ forums to figure out are now contained in a quick 10 minute video. Add that onto the fact that it was already a solved game to begin with and you get classic. I'm still glad it came out, had a great time playing it and nice to have it there in an official capacity...I'm still playing TBC here and there and Vanilla is something I could see myself revisiting if they did fresh servers with some smart tweaks in a couple years. Even if just to casually level and all that. It's still far preferable to what WoW has become.

Them adding the character boosts and store mounts isn't a good sign though.

Yeah I would have preferred an alternate timeline for new shit. Instead it became a P2W scheme. Half the time in Classic was dominated by WTB/WTS dungeon carry runs. And if you get into a guild they generally pressure you to play a class a certain way for that top 1% min max optimization.

Really disappointing.

Yeah, the rampant gold selling/buying and botting was another big factor. The leveling experience is one of the highlights of Vanilla and it was essentially killed off because Blizzard was incompetent and couldn't curb the issue. If they do choose to fix some things with fresh servers I hope they have a solution to dungeon boosting. Something as simple as no experience gained if anyone in the party is like 5 levels above the dungeons range would be fine.

Also needs some tweaks to node spawns to account for vastly increased server pops.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
This is why Yoshi P laughs at people when FFXIV 1.0 fans want 1.0 servers. He will never do it because it was a trashy, buggy game.

Yea and people play on unofficial "Classic" servers that have all sorts of fixes to make it fit their nostalgia and then when Blizzard gives them the actual classic they flip a fit because their Warlock pet can't keep up with their mount (which is a bug that lasted until nearly Lich King).

Tg89

I mean the bugs that Vanilla WoW had are really not in the same league as FFXIV 1.0 lol. Vanilla is an absolutely incredible and landmark game with some minor stuff that people forgot about over the years (or misremember because they played on private servers that weren't 1:1), FFXIV 1.0 is just a straight up bad game without much to redeem it.

Last edited:

Thabass

I mean the bugs that Vanilla WoW had are really not in the same league as FFXIV 1.0 lol. Vanilla is an absolutely incredible and landmark game with some minor stuff that people forgot about over the years (or misremember because they played on private servers that weren't 1:1), FFXIV 1.0 is just a straight up bad game without much to redeem it.
True, but it's still rose-colored glasses. And as ManaByte ManaByte said above, the people that wanted Blizzard to give Classic WoW probably wanted it with bug fixes, which, it seems like...they didn't fix.

Tg89

True, but it's still rose-colored glasses. And as ManaByte ManaByte said above, the people that wanted Blizzard to give Classic WoW probably wanted it with bug fixes, which, it seems like...they didn't fix.
Eh, in Blizzards defense the community was reallllllly adamant about #nochanges.

Like you said, I think a lot of that was rose-colored glasses, there's things that would have been better off being changed or fixed, even if we were still in 2004.

More so though, I think it's the community failing to take into account how the internet/multiplayer game culture has changed since WoW originally came out. The no changes combined with the min/max culture and far far easier access to information/addons/etc. really did a number on the "true vanilla experience".

Top Bottom