• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard Representative Endorses Harassment of Popular Wow Streamer Asmongold and Calls Him an Asshole

Bryank75

Banned
Despite the stock taking a plunge, it is still a massively overvalued company. Should be worth 15 billion tops.

ManaByte

Should be worth 15 billion tops.

So you're saying it's basically just two Bethesdas.

xbox-phil-spencer.gif

Thabass

What the fuck are you talking about?

The guy loves (or did before all this bullshit) WoW and is a seriously hardcore player. He points out problems with the game that everyone who isn't on the Blizzard payroll can see. But Blizzard has a culture where the devs are infallible gods and no one is to criticize their genius, so they demonize the guy.
From what I've seen of him, he still very much loves WoW and still plans to play it. I believe him. It's hard to give up something that you love so much. I can only imagine being a fan of this game for so long and seeing all the shit happening all at once. It's got to be a bit hard for him and other WoW fans.

Imagine if FFXIV, ESO, or SWOTR didn't exist. They wouldn't have anywhere to go and they would still be part of the cesspool Blizzard has created.

I hope FFXIV never has to go down this route.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

ahhh shit, he comes the "it's JUsT CritiSISM" people

By that token, what we are saying against Asmongold is just criticism too, so why are you so angry?
What else are we supposed to call it. "Death threats"?

It's not our fault that people see criticism what it actually is, and that seems to offend you.

Nothing of what I said was a lie, constant attacking someone is hate. Asmongold lies about Blizzard too.
Such as?

Or is this the part where you make shit up?

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
What else are we supposed to call it. "Death threats"?

It's not our fault that people see criticism what it actually is, and that seems to offend you.

Such as?

Or is this the part where you make shit up?
Why are you so frustrated, I am just offering my criticism. He constantly talks about how they don't test their game, they don't play it, that he knows more than they do, that all the system guys working there should be fired and aren't doing their jobs, and on and on.

He's saying this stuff because he knows guys like you will buy into it and go "yeah lol, he's right lol, it's so true lol, the game sucks!". It reminds me of Anthem and Fallout 76, where you have people offering "criticism" on the game 3 years after release because the YouTube videos do well.

oagboghi2

Why are you so frustrated, I am just offering my criticism. He constantly talks about how they don't test their game, they don't play it, that he knows more than they do, that all the system guys working there should be fired and aren't doing their jobs, and on and on.

He's saying this stuff because he knows guys like you will buy into it and go "yeah lol, he's right lol, it's so true lol, the game sucks!". It reminds me of Anthem and Fallout 76, where you have people offering "criticism" on the game 3 years after release because the YouTube videos do well.
What criticism? You attacked the guy with nothing, and now you are calling him a liar with no evidence.

What did he lie about? Where is he wrong? You just make up random shit. "Oh it's for youtube, it's for this, or it's for that." I haven't seen you prove him wrong anywhere. Asmongold, (and a lot of other people) have pointed out flaws in the game. Is he and everyone who criticizes WoW just lying?

Saying "he has a youtube channel and people watch it" is not an argument.

leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

What criticism? You attacked the guy with nothing, and now you are calling him a liar with no evidence.

What did he lie about? Where is he wrong? You just make up random shit. "Oh it's for youtube, it's for this, or it's for that." I haven't seen you prove him wrong anywhere. Asmongold, (and a lot of other people) have pointed out flaws in the game. Is he and everyone who criticizes WoW just lying?

Do you even watch him, bro? Bragr is right, the dude is always trashing employees at Blizzard and many other companies. My favorite part is how he hates "cancel culture" yet spends 2 hours before every stream trashing companies and trying to get various people cancelled with his "Sperg Army".

Droxcy

Asmon is a smart cookie his content is gold and his takes usually match mine as well went about this the right way

Tschumi

He IS an asshole, and he set standards for trolling, talk about crocodile tears... Fuck it, i still liked the two of his videos i ever watched, but fuck me if he wants to be an opinion-surfer and trend setter he's gotta be ready for a slice of the apex of toxic communities - gamers - to try and take chunks out of him.

oagboghi2

leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

Do you even watch him, bro? Bragr is right, the dude is always trashing employees at Blizzard and many other companies. My favorite part is how he hates "cancel culture" yet spends 2 hours before every stream trashing companies and trying to get various people cancelled with his "Sperg Army".
criticizing a company on the internet is "canceling" now? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Everyone is making all these claims about Asmongold. It should be really easy to prove he is doing these terrible thing to poor little blizzard.

Bragr

Banned

I have said my criticism, namely that he attacks WoW and Blizzard because it gives him viewers. It gets him on livestream fail and other subreddits, which is the biggest goal of troll streamers because it's the best way to gain followers, it also gives him YouTube content which has become a big business for a lot of streamers. He behaves like he's just a streamer who has issues with the game, but he is well aware that he has a massive following among WoW players and that he has a significant influence over WoW's fanbase and how they communicate around the game.

He is lying about how some systems in WoW are made to exploit players and how some systems are made without testing and all that shit. He has no idea how Blizzard truly works, he's making it up because he's angry. And sure, it's just locker room talk, but the problem is that when you have such a pull over the WoW fanbase, it becomes common phrases and fan logic.

I didn't say anything about his YouTube channel, I was talking about other channels that are still going after Anthem for clicks, these "game criticism" YouTube channels that spends 40 minutes talking about how bad Anthem is. He's like that.

Imagine Blizzard's point of view, imagine some guy who dislikes your game, which is fine, but never gets over it. He spent half his life playing the game but is such a nerd he only wanna play that game and nothing else forever and spends years being frustrated that the old game isn't what he wants. This guy has gotten famous because of it and spent years and years playing it, the game MADE him who he is. He needs to get over it.

Corndog

Banned
I have said my criticism, namely that he attacks WoW and Blizzard because it gives him viewers. It gets him on livestream fail and other subreddits, which is the biggest goal of troll streamers because it's the best way to gain followers, it also gives him YouTube content which has become a big business for a lot of streamers. He behaves like he's just a streamer who has issues with the game, but he is well aware that he has a massive following among WoW players and that he has a significant influence over WoW's fanbase and how they communicate around the game.

He is lying about how some systems in WoW are made to exploit players and how some systems are made without testing and all that shit. He has no idea how Blizzard truly works, he's making it up because he's angry. And sure, it's just locker room talk, but the problem is that when you have such a pull over the WoW fanbase, it becomes common phrases and fan logic.

I didn't say anything about his YouTube channel, I was talking about other channels that are still going after Anthem for clicks, these "game criticism" YouTube channels that spends 40 minutes talking about how bad Anthem is. He's like that.

Imagine Blizzard's point of view, imagine some guy who dislikes your game, which is fine, but never gets over it. He spent half his life playing the game but is such a nerd he only wanna play that game and nothing else forever and spends years being frustrated that the old game isn't what he wants. This guy has gotten famous because of it and spent years and years playing it, the game MADE him who he is. He needs to get over it.
Maybe they could correspond with him and turn a negative into a positive.

I do. Because he doesn't work there.
It's not like he has to, right? I mean, I know a lot of about what goes on at certain companies (way more than I should, to be honest) just because many of my friends, family members and acquaintances who do work there can't keep their mouths shut.

There's no way someone like Asmongold doesn't have contacts to both current and former Blizzard employees.

Bragr

Banned
It's not like he has to, right? I mean, I know a lot of about what goes on at certain companies (way more than I should, to be honest) just because many of my friends, family members and acquaintances who do work there can't keep their mouths shut.

There's no way someone like Asmongold doesn't have contacts to both current and former Blizzard employees.
Someone in his position likely has a lot of contact with Blizzard employees. There ARE people there who like him.
Unless he said he knows the design process at Blizzard this doesn't mean much. He probably knows someone who works there and heard a few things, but I highly doubt he knows anyone on that team well enough to talk in-depth about Blizzard design processes. I think that's wishful thinking.

Wait, you mean that a developer at a studio known for hiring sadbrained degenerates who are more interested in positioning themselves for twitter asspats about "discrimination" behaves like an asshole? I'm very surprised.

ManaByte

Unless he said he knows the design process at Blizzard this doesn't mean much. He probably knows someone who works there and heard a few things, but I highly doubt he knows anyone on that team well enough to talk in-depth about Blizzard design processes. I think that's wishful thinking.

You seriously don't know what you're talking about. There's a lot of cross-over and discussion within the MMO industry, and Asmo is definitely part of that. How do you think Tigole and Furor became members of the WoW dev team that launched the game? They weren't designers or developers at all. They just led two really big EverQuest guilds and Blizzard recruited them, which is no different than what he does on YouTube now. I guarantee you he talks to current and former employees in-depth.

Bragr

Banned
You seriously don't know what you're talking about. There's a lot of cross-over and discussion within the MMO industry, and Asmo is definitely part of that. How do you think Tigole and Furor became members of the WoW dev team that launched the game? They weren't designers or developers at all. They just led two really big EverQuest guilds and Blizzard recruited them, which is no different than what he does on YouTube now. I guarantee you he talks to current and former employees in-depth.
How can you possibly guarantee that? I'm not sure comparing Kaplan to Asmongold works that well.

ManaByte

I'm not sure comparing Kaplan to Asmongold works that well.

Why because Kaplan made games? Again, he was recruited by Blizzard just because he led a WoW guild of a few hundred people. Asmongold has a bigger audience than that, and plays WoW. If it wasn't for the culture at Blizzard that says you don't criticize their demigod devs, he'd probably be on the design team by now.

Bragr

Banned
Why because Kaplan made games? Again, he was recruited by Blizzard just because he led a WoW guild of a few hundred people. Asmongold has a bigger audience than that, and plays WoW. If it wasn't for the culture at Blizzard that says you don't criticize their demigod devs, he'd probably be on the design team by now.
You think Asmongold would get hired as a dev? bit of a stretch. It has to do with skillsets rather than a following, Kaplan had writing experience and was skilled in editors, and it suited Blizzard's particular situation at the time.

ManaByte

You think Asmongold would get hired as a dev? bit of a stretch. It has to do with skillsets rather than a following, Kaplan had writing experience and was skilled in editors, and it suited Blizzard's particular situation at the time.

Not only could he be hired as a dev, he could turn the game around.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

It's almost as if he's playing a character.

ManaByte

So the fact that he has two separate Twitch channels or that he uses inane and cringey phrases like "Big dick energy" in low level dungeons. . .none of that speaks to you that all this is an act?

Okeydokey.

Never played WoW I see.

WitchHunter

Banned
Blizzard are funded by a facist country who run torture camps and are responsible for ethnic cleansing. Blizzard do anything they want including censorship, just to get that Chinese money.

Being called an A Hole by Blizzard is a good thing. Because who the hell wants to be part of that corrupt morally bankrupt Company/China.

You dont understand. This is how they express their mutual friendship.

Shut0wen

Have you watched anything by Asmongold? He plays a persona, and he is hardly a dick at that. Even if he has negative things to say he always tries to spin it in a positive light.
Regardless, a company’s employee should never refer to a fan and a customer in this way, WTF is this? Someone forgot they are at work and not in high school?
He maybe a customer but some customers feel entitled abd it comes accross as cringe and he is one of them, yeah ive seen his vids but not all of his vids are like what you described, he was funny to begin with but this past few months hes literally been bitching name calling blizzard, i get it he cant stand that his favourite game which was the king of mmos is losing its throne to FF but the way he goes about it aint righr, if he was in a shop and did that hed be told to leave
You have no idea what your talking about, do you?

Post a clip where he does this.

I am pretty sure you and Bragr Bragr have very little knowledge about this guy. It seems both of you get easily offended if anyone criticizes a game over anything.
Nope not at sll offended infact i cant stand WOW or any mmos for that fact, hes just anit of a prick when he explains issues regarding to wow

killatopak

I thought it was funny hearing about this story on one of the boss designers who is part of the guild in the game. You see there was this boss on the game that was being complained for so long by the playerbase that it was broken. As soon as the boss designer’s guild actually got to raid this boss and failed, the boss got nerfed soon after.

Kinda leds credence to the people saying these developers never actually test these stuff out themselves despite it being their job to do so. The criticism about the developers doing bad design not out of malicious intent but because of ignorance seems to be quite likely. Most of them probably never play the game they’re working on.

Last edited:
the way he goes about it aint righr, if he was in a shop and did that hed be told to leave

What are you talking about?

Dude is exploring FFXIV, playing the game from the beginning and enjoying it. He's brought nothing but positive vibes to the FF community. Yet he still remains loyal to WoW and keeps playing the game despite the abysmal state of the game and the absolute sh*tshow that the company has maneuvered itself into. If anything, he's the dude who still orders his Kebab from the place that got recently closed by food inspection.

Going after Asmon like that, these Blizzard employees are basically endorsing his vilification to the point you have to ask yourself who's actually the one engaging in toxic behavior. His criticism comes from a place of passion, but contrary to them he doesn't get personal. Blizzard has much worse things to be concerned right now than a few streamers and youtubers dissecting heir MMO, the frikkin' State of California being one example.

There's something to be said if a degenerate in his attic has more authenticity and moral backbone than one of the biggest game developer.

CGiRanger

Banned
Hate bumps usually. But here's a video (yeah Quartering, but he's at least got the receipts) of that Blizzard employee again and how he handled himself on social media

Again, it really goes to show, no matter what you may think of Asmongold, this is absolutely NOT how a professional should act. Using social media to cry to your followers and posting messages or such. And again, this is emblematic of the issues with the Game/Entertainment industry in the West. These people were never taught proper etiquette and how to conduct themselves online, and companies like Blizzard enabled them for far too long (again this stuff only seems to mainly happen at Western devs)

Suffice to say, if I were in charge over there, I'd fire that bastard immediately.

Last edited:

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
Anyone claiming asmon tries to get people cancelled just expose themselves for the shit talkers they are, he always tells people to leave blizzard employees alone.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Blizzard is one of those typical companies where they are sorry they got caught; not sorry for what they did or failed to do. To blizzard, Asmon is the party spoiler, but blizzard, like so many companies, already went rotten long time ago.

Last edited:

CitizenZ

Banned
Ive been going down the Asmongold rabbit hole for the past few months now, prior to the WoW blow up, simply because it was a recommended watch on YT and I had heard of him though i dont play WoW. I actually commend his honesty about himself and his the videos are good background for when im on my laptop. BUT then I started watching some of his other videos including the souls series. lets simply say, he should stick to MMOs and never discuss anything outside the game. He basically is the guy from the South park episode of WoW. I mean without social media trash no one would know who this is ever. Im not saying he is a bad guy but he has zero.zero life experiences. Zero. Its sort of sad thinking this guy is wielding so much power and a small army of plebs, like some others, who would go down the ole Jones juice toast if he so ordered. Again, I dont think he is a bad guy in any way but with limited life experiences outside a game and tons of pressure, I do not see this ending well.

Kenpachii

The fact that blizzard allows these devs to do what they do on social media, already says enough how rotten the company and its leadership really is.

If blizzard had balls they would send of those guys towards asmongold in a meetup and do a interview and hear him out + other content creators and discuss why something can or can't happen and exchange idea's of ideology's behind things. Boom problem solved, all hate is gone and u can all move forwards again.

But instead they rather lock themselves in a walled garden, do zero effort and throw shade over the wall to stir shit even more up.

It's the same as with this

mfl2sbrqbbv11.jpg

Which results in this.

2m2qc9.jpg

And why does the top of blizzard say that? because they have to accept that what they created isn't the clear improvement they keep telling themselves. Just after endless amounts of begging from fans + tons of big private servers starting to rise up. they finally bulged and did everything they possible could to make the game the worst experience u can have in order to probably protect there own pride of "look guys we where right" rather then learn and move forwards and provide what people want.

Last edited:

oagboghi2

“Imagine Blizzard’s point of view?” My god, can you be any more of a corporate bitch?

Yes, let’s empathize with the poor corporation that can’t fix their buggy products , release anything that works, and would apparently rather pay their devs to play grab ass and harass their co-workers instead of getting shit fixed.

imagine people calling them out on the internet. Oh my god The horror.

I’m still waiting to see what he lied about. Sorry, but calling him a nerd on neogaf isn’t much of an argument.

Last edited:
Top Bottom