• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard Representative Endorses Harassment of Popular Wow Streamer Asmongold and Calls Him an Asshole

People are way too invested in another people playing videos games. Blizzard employee can express his opinion anytime he wants. This is literally a non-issue. So what if every single employee hates this dude and wished he never streamed again.

I love your choice of words “ENDORSED”, bruh. He just called him an asshole.

oagboghi2

People are way too invested in another people playing videos games. Blizzard employee can express his opinion anytime he wants. This is literally a non-issue. So what if every single employee hates this dude and wished he never streamed again.

I love your choice of words “ENDORSED”, bruh. He just called him an asshole.
The most popular WoW player arguably in the world? Kind of a stupid thing to do.

Blizzard employee’s can call him an asshole, and they can deal with the consequences. Why are you crying?

Cyberpunkd

People are way too invested in another people playing videos games. Blizzard employee can express his opinion anytime he wants. This is literally a non-issue.
Let me simplify it for you:

FFXIV Dev Team: Hey, Asmongold, a great WoW streamer is trying our game, let's welcome him and hope he will have a great time

WoW Dev Team: The guy is an asshole

Do you see the difference?

If you need to see a further difference between the two team watch this video:

Last edited:
One CGI Trailer with Arthas coming back and they are all Blizzard simps again.
Not really. It's more like a "OH, I might play this when it comes out!" Then 6 months later when it does come out, most of those folks are now "Man, that took too long. Not interested anymore." You can deny that all you want, but Blizzard is so slow putting out content anymore that unless it comes out in 3 months, you'll just bleed and bleed and bleed till you've lost a significant portion of your active player base and a good chunk of your whale income too.

Not really. It's more like a "OH, I might play this when it comes out!" Then 6 months later when it does come out, most of those folks are now "Man, that took too long. Not interested anymore." You can deny that all you want, but Blizzard is so slow putting out content anymore that unless it comes out in 3 months, you'll just bleed and bleed and bleed till you've lost a significant portion of your active player base and a good chunk of your whale income too.

People have literally been saying this for years. WoW isn't dying. Stinky streamer man isn't quitting the game.

People have literally been saying this for years. WoW isn't dying. Stinky streamer man isn't quitting the game.
The difference is time. When you're early into your addiction to whatever, then you can find yourself getting sucked back into that thing super easy, for super prolonged periods of time. But after you've been there for awhile that you're not as easily suckered back in and when you do, you're able to wander back out and away from it easily and quicker than before. Then you've got folks like myself who've been there 12+ years. We're in the twilight of our time there and while we're not necessarily looking for a reason to leave, we're no longer looking for a reason to stay either.

Js562

Fresh Prince Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

People too sensitive these days. It's alright 🤣

Urban

WoW and Blizzard died so many times in the last years and there were a lot of points where people said: That it, there is no coming back.

Look at them suckers who went nuts after Diablo Mobile was announced. Guess what? They will all play D2 Resurrected.

WoW and Blizzard died so many times in the last years and there were a lot of points where people said: That it, there is no coming back.

Look at them suckers who went nuts after Diablo Mobile was announced. Guess what? They will all play D2 Resurrected.
There's a difference between Diablo Mobile and Diablo 2: Resurrected. One is a f2p/p2w mobile game and the other is a remaster of a beloved classic. There's a difference. Thanks for the assist with that one! :)

I've long since been of the belief that the only WoW-killer that'll kill WoW will be Blizzard itself. We have to do nothing and they'll slowly dwindle their player base to the point that it's a forgotten memory. Roughly 2.2 million (global) plays Retail a d 1.75 million plays Classic (TBC). Without the nostalgia of TBC, many of those TBC players would've long since left WoW. I know many folks who only play it. Heck, I've got a buddy who was a "Classic Only, nothing more" guy and once TBC came out, he quit. But without that inflation from TBC, that 2.2 million playing is down from the 3.8 million that was playing when Shadowlands came out (re: Blizzards own PR release stating all those preorders). So, we dropped from 3.8 million to 2.2 million. That's a huge drop from. The 12+ million from its peak days when there was a ton more competitors out there and now even less MMOs to compete against them.

Urban

Its not about the Game! Its about the Backlash what Blizzard gets and every time they pull all the people back. Even after the P2W meltdown. One D2R announcement and everything is forgotten and forgiven. Hell even the D4 CGI Trailer was enough.

There's a difference between Diablo Mobile and Diablo 2: Resurrected. One is a f2p/p2w mobile game and the other is a remaster of a beloved classic. There's a difference. Thanks for the assist with that one! :)

I've long since been of the belief that the only WoW-killer that'll kill WoW will be Blizzard itself. We have to do nothing and they'll slowly dwindle their player base to the point that it's a forgotten memory. Roughly 2.2 million (global) plays Retail a d 1.75 million plays Classic (TBC). Without the nostalgia of TBC, many of those TBC players would've long since left WoW. I know many folks who only play it. Heck, I've got a buddy who was a "Classic Only, nothing more" guy and once TBC came out, he quit. But without that inflation from TBC, that 2.2 million playing is down from the 3.8 million that was playing when Shadowlands came out (re: Blizzards own PR release stating all those preorders). So, we dropped from 3.8 million to 2.2 million. That's a huge drop from. The 12+ million from its peak days when there was a ton more competitors out there and now even less MMOs to compete against them.

Isnt it pretty normal after 17 years that the game gets kinda boring? I personally think that most of the WoW only guys cant play another MMO because of the lack of Addons and mods which help you. Imagine finding questsposts yourself.

Urban

When was the last time you played WoW? The game shows quests on the map just like FFXIV does and has for a long time.

Sorry maybe i didnt write it clear, cause english is not my native language.

What i mean is: In WoW you have so many assistance, addons and mods which make it so easy. You even have add ons which tell you where to stand at a boss fight.
FF14 on the other hand does not have all this fan support(mods,addons) when it comes to help. Do you get what i mean?

ManaByte

Sorry maybe i didnt write it clear, cause english is not my native language.

What i mean is: In WoW you have so many assistance, addons and mods which make it so easy. You even have add ons which tell you where to stand at a boss fight.
FF14 on the other hand does not have all this fan support(mods,addons) when it comes to help. Do you get what i mean?

Have you played FFXIV? The game shows you were to stand or not stand in a boss fight.

The most popular WoW player arguably in the world? Kind of a stupid thing to do.

Blizzard employee’s can call him an asshole, and they can deal with the consequences. Why are you crying?
Who cares? Why are you crying? Or he not deal with any consequences.
FFXIV Dev Team: Hey, Asmongold, a great WoW streamer is trying our game, let's welcome him and hope he will have a great time

Why does it matter? The “asshole” needs a proper welcome? Dont give a fuck about any streamer, this is why I like Epic. They use streamers, if they are no longer useful. Fuck them.

Pretty sure they rebooted it after someone found the actual Chinese Diablo clone they used to reskin it.
I believe insiders had said that roughly a year after it was originally announced that it was essentially done and waiting on the okay to release it, but due to all the horribly bad press it got, it was (then) shelved indefinitely until they could offer a proper title to go along with it. In this case, it'll be released far closer to D4s release or along with it.

East of Odessa

Neo Member
He is no. 1 WoW streamer worldwide, has been for a long time. A good / very good player but his comments and persona is what makes it great.
Good for him, and I hope the new focus makes him happier. No reason to keep hyping/enjoying a game if the employees are toxic to you (especially community managers, who should be encouraging people's love for the game, not crapping on it).

oagboghi2

Who cares? Why are you crying? Or he not deal with any consequences.

Why does it matter? The “asshole” needs a proper welcome? Dont give a fuck about any streamer, this is why I like Epic. They use streamers, if they are no longer useful. Fuck them.
this attitude is partly why Blizzard isn't as well respected anymore (and Epic too, for that manner)

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
WoW system designer Jeff Hamilton insulting Asmon and causing drama on twitter.

After all the crap that is going down at Blizzard, you'd think they would have learned something.

Another weird face which improves clicks (just learned that the other day in the Linus Steam Deck thread). Will make a point to never watch another one of these with these weird faces lol.

Kenpachii

WoW system designer Jeff Hamilton insulting Asmon and causing drama on twitter.

After all the crap that is going down at Blizzard, you'd think they would have learned something.

Imagine talking shit to a streamer that does nothing else then deal with people that talk shit to him 24/7 for his entire life. And then from a position as system designer that works at blizzard.

mx.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

squarealex

OddballOffensiveGalago-size_restricted.gif

Shut0wen

Tbh i agree with blizzard guy, he is a fucking dick, theres ways to criticize someone but the way he does it comes accross as a massive cunt so fuck him

Cyberpunkd

Tbh i agree with blizzard guy, he is a fucking dick, theres ways to criticize someone but the way he does it comes accross as a massive cunt so fuck him
Have you watched anything by Asmongold? He plays a persona, and he is hardly a dick at that. Even if he has negative things to say he always tries to spin it in a positive light.
Regardless, a company’s employee should never refer to a fan and a customer in this way, WTF is this? Someone forgot they are at work and not in high school?

Hari Seldon

I bet Asmon has more MAUs than all of Blizzard at this point. He is right tho, there shouldn’t be a single system designer who is not purged after the dogshit that this game has become.

Bragr

Banned
Have you watched anything by Asmongold? He plays a persona, and he is hardly a dick at that. Even if he has negative things to say he always tries to spin it in a positive light.
Regardless, a company’s employee should never refer to a fan and a customer in this way, WTF is this? Someone forgot they are at work and not in high school?
Don't be naive, Asmongold builds his stream around going after Blizzard, it's pure drama mongering for views. There is a point where it becomes petty and Asmongold has gone far beyond that a long time ago. It's a fucking 15-year-old (or something like that) videogame, if you don't like it and think they are making bad choices, fine, but there is a line where you become the problem and not the game.

It's like if you watch a movie you don't like, you don't sit and spew hate about the movie and everyone in it for months, it's too much.

The guy is has found an avenue where he can spew endless hate about the game far beyond common sense. A lot of reddit's are like this too, where the entire sub-reddit is for is talking shit about the game, he's the stream version of that. Imagine if everyone would go to this extreme hating on every game we dislike.

CGiRanger

Banned
Again it shows the childishness and unprofessionalism at play at Blizzard where employees are not held to a higher standard of a Code of Conduct. It's no wonder then if you have employees like this idiotically causing pubic drama on twitter that you'd get other bad behavior.

This I'd argue is why the game industry (especially in the West) has all these issues. It's not "Bro Culture". It's people who never mentally matured and learned how to act professionally and not whine or be narcissistic, something I'd wager is a result of Silicon Valley or Entertainment standards.

Hey game devs, stop being assholes on twitter, is that so hard?

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Again it shows the childishness and unprofessionalism at play at Blizzard where employees are not held to a higher standard of a Code of Conduct. It's no wonder then if you have employees like this idiotically causing pubic drama on twitter that you'd get other bad behavior.

Hey game devs, stop being assholes on twitter, is that so hard?
They are punching up (or they think they are) not down. Well, see that is how you can try not to feel like a double standard talking hypocrite… you try to be smart with words.

Last edited:

Shut0wen

He maybe a customer but some customers feel entitled abd it comes accross as cringe and he is one of them, yeah ive seen his vids but not all of his vids are like what you described, he was funny to begin with but this past few months hes literally been bitching name calling blizzard, i get it he cant stand that his favourite game which was the king of mmos is losing its throne to FF but the way he goes about it aint righr, if he was in a shop and did that hed be told to leave

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
He maybe a customer but some customers feel entitled abd it comes accross as cringe and he is one of them, yeah ive seen his vids but not all of his vids are like what you described, he was funny to begin with but this past few months hes literally been bitching name calling blizzard, i get it he cant stand that his favourite game which was the king of mmos is losing its throne to FF but the way he goes about it aint righr, if he was in a shop and did that hed be told to leave

He is passionate and wants a game to succeed. Nothing wrong with that. If anything, you are the one who is coming across as a "massive cunt" here, mate.
Don't be naive, Asmongold builds his stream around going after Blizzard, it's pure drama mongering for views. There is a point where it becomes petty and Asmongold has gone far beyond that a long time ago. It's a fucking 15-year-old (or something like that) videogame, if you don't like it and think they are making bad choices, fine, but there is a line where you become the problem and not the game.

It's like if you watch a movie you don't like, you don't sit and spew hate about the movie and everyone in it for months, it's too much.

The guy is has found an avenue where he can spew endless hate about the game far beyond common sense. A lot of reddit's are like this too, where the entire sub-reddit is for is talking shit about the game, he's the stream version of that. Imagine if everyone would go to this extreme hating on every game we dislike.

He doesn't spew hate. He criticizes while still enjoying aspects of and playing the game. He says and shows as much on stream. I get that he isn't for everyone, but outright lying about what he does? I echo what I stated to Shut0wen to you as well.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
He is passionate and wants a game to succeed. Nothing wrong with that. If anything, you are the one who is coming across as a "massive cunt" here, mate.

He doesn't spew hate. He criticizes while still enjoying aspects of and playing the game. He says and shows as much on stream. I get that he isn't for everyone, but outright lying about what he does? I echo what I stated to Shut0wen to you as well.
Are you are subbed to Asmongold?

If someone said your opinions suck once, maybe you could call it critique, if they did it for 3 years, that would be hate. Twitch is young, and most streamers play to the young audience, and fueling drama, reacting to bullshit and talking shit like a 16-year-old Call of Duty player is the way to do that.

I'm not saying Blizzard was right here, but Asmongold has been trying to get under their skin forever in childish ways, and he's using his audience to go after them too.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Are you are subbed to Asmongold?

If someone said your opinions suck once, maybe you could call it critique, if they did it for 3 years, that would be hate. Twitch is young, and most streamers play to the young audience, and fueling drama, reacting to bullshit and talking shit like a 16-year-old Call of Duty player is the way to do that.

I'm not saying Blizzard was right here, but Asmongold has been trying to get under their skin forever in childish ways, and he's using his audience to go after them too.

Yes?

Asmongold has criticized a game he loves, it isn't *hate* as he makes valid points on the issues that involve the game. A game he still loves to play. Have you actually watched any of his streams or do you just watch montages of carefully curated clips on Youtube to validate your preconceived notions?

If anything, you are the one spewing "hate" here.

oagboghi2

He manufactures drama to get views, he's a troll, talking shit to get you to click because he knows you wanna hear him talk shit. He's like Jim Sterling.
You have no idea what your talking about, do you?

Post a clip where he does this.

I am pretty sure you and Bragr Bragr have very little knowledge about this guy. It seems both of you get easily offended if anyone criticizes a game over anything.

Last edited:

ManaByte

What the fuck are you talking about?

The guy loves (or did before all this bullshit) WoW and is a seriously hardcore player. He points out problems with the game that everyone who isn't on the Blizzard payroll can see. But Blizzard has a culture where the devs are infallible gods and no one is to criticize their genius, so they demonize the guy.

Bragr

Banned
ahhh shit, he comes the "it's JUsT CritiSISM" people

By that token, what we are saying against Asmongold is just criticism too, so why are you so angry?

Top Bottom