• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlizzCon 2019 |OT| An Off-Season April Fool's Joke

Nydius

I'll do with D4 the same thing I did with D3. Wait until it's out, see if/how badly they fuck it up for the sake of monetization, then decide whether or not to buy. I can't get hyped about Bliz cinematics, they're always top tier and people have been asking for a WoW cinematic style movie for all 15 years of WoW's existence. The gameplay looked good but let me see the UI, resource usage, and skill system before I decide.

Speaking of WoW... I just got a chuckle out of Ion announcing Dire Maul being playable at the show like it's an accomplishment or something.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Did you like the D3 artstyle?
Yeah, D3's art style is really eye-pleasing. I understand that people preferred a grittier look but it wears on the eyes after 100s of hours. The sharp colors and bold designs provide the player with a lot of valuable information when you're playing on the edge of your seat. It's easier to identify enemies and make decisions accordingly, for example.

I can already see how D4's crowds of enemies will smudge together, though it may not actually matter if combat is slower (which it appears to be). I'm excited to see how it turns out. I do like the series, after all.

Tesseract

Banned
i thought d3 looked aight, this is much closer to what i wanted outta a sequel tho

still not anywhere near it needs to be with lighting and particle effects, maybe they'll get there

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I did, but this is good too.
I didn't mind it either. Sure, it wasn't like the first two but it wasn't as bad as some people made it out to be imo
I mean, it wasn't the worst thing ever, but it felt off. Too much like Torchlight or WoW. It didn't fit.

It was just another one of the many things that was off about Diablo 3. It didn't stop me from playing the hell out of it and beating Inferno Diablo in a week after release (lol), but that game had issues.

TheContact

blizz needs to fix retail mechanics to make any of this last as a game. sure it will be cool for a month or so after release but there needs to be a return of the MMO mechanics and gameplay that got ripped out after wotlk

Lanrutcon

Wait. Did Sylvanas get dethroned as Horde leader? I thought they said that wasn't gonna happen. Like, years ago.

RPGCrazied

At first I thought it was going to be called Wrath of the Lich Queen. I thought she was going to wear the helmet.

Looks nice. But man I was hoping for a new class. It would have been cool for them to maybe add necromancer.

Last edited:

TheContact

At first I thought it was going to be called Wrath of the Lich Queen. I thought she was going to wear the helmet.

Looks nice. But man I was hoping for a new class. It would have been cool for them to maybe add necromancer.

The necromancer was originally going to be a class in WoW. Along with a Runemaster class. They ended up merging the two which became the Death Knight. You probably won't ever see a Necromancer in this game.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I don't have interest in any of these games (D4 is about it so far) but you gotta love Blizzard's art quality. The art is just dripping with craftmanship.

I mean, it wasn't the worst thing ever, but it felt off. Too much like Torchlight or WoW. It didn't fit.

It was just another one of the many things that was off about Diablo 3. It didn't stop me from playing the hell out of it and beating Inferno Diablo in a week after release (lol), but that game had issues.
True. No game is perfect. I think what the game has developed into with Rifts and Greater Rifts and Primal gear has been a very interesting thing when combined with the Seasons. Definitely different from old Diablo and a change of directions for the franchise.

Lanrutcon

Nah, people were saying she'd be like Garrosh and be the big raid boss at the end of the expansion. That's not what hey did.

Wait wait. Did the Horde not rebel against her like they did Garrosh? And isn't she going to be a raid boss in Shadowlands? Cause it sure looks like it.

Garrosh 1.5

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
All this lore wasted on a fucking pew pew game with zero story actually in the game

what the fuck.

make story mode pve ANYTHING

ManaByte

Gold Member
Tigole Bitties complaining about internet leaks on stage at Blizzcon. Old EQ Veeshan players are laughing their asses off.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Ah nice thanks for the cool CGI movie for free, Blizzard. This is the coolest part of the game and now I don't need to play it.

Yknow.

Since the story and gameplay aren't connected.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Holy shit balls IT MIGHT BE A GAME ? ?>>?
or not?

Last edited:
Top Bottom