• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blockchain Gaming and Its Future

Mingen

I do not even know where to start, I like the game itself, its design and gameplay. There's a very interesting PvP battles, such battles I have never seen
Yes, the battles in this game are really exciting. And how much money did you earn playing Ether Kingdoms or other blockchain games, for example, CryptoSaga?

Sigurdt

Neo Member
Yes, the battles in this game are really exciting. And how much money did you earn playing Ether Kingdoms or other blockchain games, for example, CryptoSaga?
In Ether Kingdoms I earned somewhere 200$ for two months, but I invested 50$, and in CryptoSaga somewhere 120$

element

Every industry event I go to has at least one person talking about how blockchain gaming is the next big thing, but when pressed on why crypto/blockchain is key to the project they can't provide any reasons why. It is a buzzword.

Mingen

Every industry event I go to has at least one person talking about how blockchain gaming is the next big thing, but when pressed on why crypto/blockchain is key to the project they can't provide any reasons why. It is a buzzword.
Apparently you haven't communicated in an experienced person who understands what blockchain is

daveonezero

Banned
Apparently you haven't communicated in an experienced person who understands what blockchain is
That maybe true but blockchain is a tech industry buzzword that everyone is overusing even in projects that don’t benefit from a p2p ledger

element

Actually I've spoken to various people including programmers and CTOs, and they all have the same impression. There just anything that blockchain provides that enhances a product.

Take CryptoSaga. What does blockchain ADD to that game?

Blockchain has potential, but it doesn't do anything to make a game 'better'. It is a service layer. Doing an online store and want something for inventory ownership management? Sure, look at blockchain. But from an end-user experience, it could be blockchain or a managed service build on various database technologies.

Blockchain isn't going to make development easier. If anything it would be more difficult as no one has really built middleware.

Last edited:

Mingen

Actually I've spoken to various people including programmers and CTOs, and they all have the same impression. There just anything that blockchain provides that enhances a product.

Take CryptoSaga. What does blockchain ADD to that game?

Blockchain has potential, but it doesn't do anything to make a game 'better'. It is a service layer. Doing an online store and want something for inventory ownership management? Sure, look at blockchain. But from an end-user experience, it could be blockchain or a managed service build on various database technologies.

Blockchain isn't going to make development easier. If anything it would be more difficult as no one has really built middleware.
The blockchain on the contrary complicates the development of games. What do you think, will there be any FPS games in the blockchain?

Mingen

That maybe true but blockchain is a tech industry buzzword that everyone is overusing even in projects that don’t benefit from a p2p ledger
If you study the blockchain system much better, you will understand that blockchain is not just a "fashionable word".

Sigurdt

Neo Member
I believe that blockchain is a really fashionable word.
But behind this buzzword is hiding security and anonymity

Dontero

Banned
That thread wins for most twilight zone thread in my neogaf browsing history.

I mean the shilling here by people is palatable beyond words.
Either being misguided by stupid idea of investing into "cryptogames" or plain astroturfing from workers of said companies or people who are involved with their projects.

I guess everyone needs their own ponzi sheme moment to understand that the only quick money you can get is to steal it and most of the time from you.

Mingen

That thread wins for most twilight zone thread in my neogaf browsing history.

I mean the shilling here by people is palatable beyond words.
Either being misguided by stupid idea of investing into "cryptogames" or plain astroturfing from workers of said companies or people who are involved with their projects.

I guess everyone needs their own ponzi sheme moment to understand that the only quick money you can get is to steal it and most of the time from you.
No one says that in blockchain games you can earn a lot of money in a short period of time.

This can be done only by spending a lot of time and effort playing blockchain games.

Dontero

Banned
No one says that in blockchain games you can earn a lot of money in a short period of time. This can be done only by spending a lot of time and effort playing blockchain games.

People play games to have fun not to earn money mate.
From outset ides is just wrong and it will never work.

Fuz

Banned
You people are weird and I still don't understand what's this about and if it's just some sort of scam.

Sigurdt

Neo Member
You people are weird and I still don't understand what's this about and if it's just some sort of scam.
Do you think that the blockchain of the game - it's a Scam. But never played them. What's wrong with you?

Tesseract

Banned
oh you mean games with malware

yeah the future there is bright, like a beacon of goodness

total not a dark art

Last edited:
Top Bottom