• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blocked my thread just because i compared series x vs ps5 bandwidth. Called it console waring

9K1Kh1R.png

Only shit here is the admins. Lousy dildos

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I remember thread like this, it did not worked out for OP at all : D

And besides that, who the fuck cares that you got some warning, you want blow job or what? If you are not trolling, which is fine, stop compare those consoles.

frontieruk

I’m more impressed that you proved that overall the seriesx system is only about 2gb behind for system bw, which everyone has said was ps5 great advantage... it’s not a huge difference and can probably be mitigated with their compression system

They might aswell block the whole gaming discussion, it makes no sense talking about console specs on a gaming forum and being banned to do so. Its stupid ridiculous.

I’m more impressed that you proved that overall the seriesx system is only about 2gb behind for system bw, which everyone has said was ps5 great advantage... it’s not a huge difference and can probably be mitigated with their compression system

That's not how it works. Both systems will deal with bandwidth contention between GPU, CPU, and other processors (such as the Tempest Engine for PS5). XSX definitely has a bandwidth average above 2 GB/s over PS5, you'd have to fudge numbers pretty badly to reach any other conclusion on that note.

And both systems are utilizing their own high-end compression systems, meaning they can maximize their GDDR6 bandwidth that much better.

geordiemp

Dont people get bored of making these "why the PS5 is better" threads

They are bad on both sides, Ps5 is better cos SSD, or Ps5 has fake (heat, power, Ghz) delete as appropriate.

Is XSX stronger GPU - yes, will it perform much better than the 15 % TF - we will see when games benchmark an dhow well frequency scales on RDNA2.

Last edited:

geordiemp

That's not how it works. Both systems will deal with bandwidth contention between GPU, CPU, and other processors (such as the Tempest Engine for PS5). XSX definitely has a bandwidth average above 2 GB/s over PS5, you'd have to fudge numbers pretty badly to reach any other conclusion on that note.

And both systems are utilizing their own high-end compression systems, meaning they can maximize their GDDR6 bandwidth that much better.

Best post I ahve read on bandwidth so far from other place, yes XSX is better, but not much
QjDCgWK.png

Best post I ahve read on bandwidth so far from other place, yes XSX is better, but not much
QjDCgWK.png

Already talked about her posts in the Next-Gen thread with SonGoku SonGoku . She makes some good points but they're open to speculation in some aspects as well. Also like us she doesn't know how the entire memory structure actually works, and might be using GDDR5/X working limitations to make some of their assumptions though GDDR6 makes several changes and improvements over GDDR5 and 5X.

My point was that it's still a lot more than 2 GB/s better on average, which is true, and PS5 will have its own contention issues when it comes to memory access due to the fact many parts of the system still need to share that bandwidth (also SSD bandwidth will be in contention with the bus, same as on XSX, because anytime the systems need to access the SSDs that is a direct proportion of the main memory they will be giving up at any given cycle).

I'd suggest also reading some posts on Beyond3D and Disruptive Luden's blog if you want an even better understanding not just of the memory structure, but also other aspects of the systems as well. Helps with rounding out the well.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Not as good as his last cry thread. That thing was 7 pages of gold.

Top Bottom